Staff Transparency

Legit

10 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

I dont think you realise how hard is it to earn money as an admin(unless you are one of those who dont do shit). One of the last days before I stepped down from admin, I tryed doing a cocaine run in my hatchback sport. I had to stop 3 times because people ingame/ts needed help. When you are an admin a lot of the free time you want to spend on playing the game is taken away from you in form of helping the people in this community. Sure everyone knew what they signed up for, but not everyone have enough free time to make money on top of helping players. So giving themself money is not really an issue. What the issue is, if they run around with vests, rpgs, mk200s all the time, then its becomming an issue. Motown always wanted the admins to behave like normal players ingame. Sure you had infinite cash, but if you needed gear, go to rebel, dont spawn in donor town, click the easy button and start driving towarDs a cArtel. Do the steps a normal player would do, then you good :)

High admin paychecks would solve the money/grind issue without giving them infinite money.

Steve and Budbringer like this
41 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Are you 100% sure it was an admin and not a hacker? Because if you have confirmed evidence it was an admin, then present it to everyone on the forums as a cause for why this shit needs to be removed from them. I'd frankly be livid if this happened to me. 

Yes, when the guy who killed me logged it we checked recent players and admin just left the server. Goldy has the proof, i could careless what happened that why I didnt report but w/e the most annoying thing was that he did it infront of other few admins lul

Man admins using powers to do crazy shit is fun.

I remember when Apex came out, Rodrigo was being slingloaded in a quilen shooting RPG's non stop at me in athira HQ.

Laughed my ass off so hard, had a new cadet freaking out he was telling me to tell the admins that there was a hacker.

Also being friendly fired on cop by @Sneaky with a lynx is one of these good experiences, flying around in kavala (by levitating) at night.

I have never really noticed abuse from admins.. they have only given me compensations, fun and banned those fuckers i report.

Edited by Midamaru
Rodrigo, Mike Stmria and FudgeR like this
1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

I dont think you realise how hard is it to earn money as an admin(unless you are one of those who dont do shit). One of the last days before I stepped down from admin, I tryed doing a cocaine run in my hatchback sport. I had to stop 3 times because people ingame/ts needed help. When you are an admin a lot of the free time you want to spend on playing the game is taken away from you in form of helping the people in this community. Sure everyone knew what they signed up for, but not everyone have enough free time to make money on top of helping players. So giving themself money is not really an issue. What the issue is, if they run around with vests, rpgs, mk200s all the time, then its becomming an issue. Motown always wanted the admins to behave like normal players ingame. Sure you had infinite cash, but if you needed gear, go to rebel, dont spawn in donor town, click the easy button and start driving towarDs a cArtel. Do the steps a normal player would do, then you good :)

Don't tell me you had a hard time earning money, you were always sending me to jail so easily as BH!

Eli and Budbringer like this
14 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Don't tell me you had a hard time earning money, you were always sending me to jail so easily as BH!

That's actually true. When I realized how much fun Bounty Hunting was and did that, I made ton of money. 

The trick was to do it between 11 am and 4 pm as there were not big groups online, but still big bounties. That kind of only worked when I studied as I had free time during the day 

Midamaru likes this
Just now, Budbringer said:

That's actually true. When I realized how much fun Bounty Hunting was and did that, I made ton of money. 

The trick was to do it between 11 am and 4 pm as there were not big groups online, but still big bounties. That kind of only worked when I studied as I had free time during the day 

Man i would go to someones trial, have some fun RP but once i get out you where there.

"Hello Mida" :FeelsBadMan:

Budbringer likes this
5 hours ago, Eric916 said:

They use the VTOL to cap cartels on S2 all the time.... I hear people bitching in side about it and I've personally seen them flying to a cartel with it (never seen them at the cartel with it personally but I saw them flying to it and a few minutes later people bitching in side bout them showing up in it.....)

Every time I've flown the VTOL, would be during events or just rolling around with friends, which in that case would be for fun, where we as soon as we reached a city or populated area, would remove the vehicle. Admins know that it's not "normal" flying around in a non-Asylum vehicle during cartels etc.

3 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Then create an admin paycheck that takes that into consideration. There are viable solutions available to take care of these concerns. As of right now, it is extremely imbalanced to have God-like players running around with scripted gear and money fighting against normal players. I'm amazed @Paratus even allowed this in the first place. 

Youre making it sound like admins are using gear that no one else is. scripted gear doesnt make someone shoot straighter or have more armor. I understand concerns of overusing explosives but i think youre reaching past that. A good portion of admins are far from godlike in their skill.

Just now, Sneaky said:

Youre making it sound like admins are using gear that no one else is. scripted gear doesnt make someone shoot straighter or have more armor. I understand concerns of overusing explosives but i think youre reaching past that. A good portion of admins are far from godlike in their skill.

God like with the ability to spawn the gear they need at anytime and load up their houses with it or simply bring in a loaded crate as Bikstok noted. Add that with unlimited money and it creates a very unbalanced situation, especially when you have these same admins going around and fighting against players who don't have unlimited resources and have to work for everything they have.

Vehicles
We're not ok with admin's flying around in vehicles like the VTOL that aren't normally accessible to normal players, as they tend to break immersion. We are tolerant of some spawned vehicles if they are used for an event. A VTOL seems excessive unless it's needed for a special event designed around its use.

In the past, before jets were accessible, we did allow admins to fly around in them as long as they were out of sight of most players. Either at high altitudes over the mainland or out at sea, and feel a similar approach should be taken with most other vehicles.

I personally doubt a VTOL was used for general gameplay, or to capture cartels as was suggested by another post. Something of that nature would be very alarming to us, and would have consequences.

Gear
We do allow our admins to use admin generated funds to buy their gear. We consider access to this tool to be a sort of privilege or payment for the volunteer work they do for Asylum. However, they are expected to stay within the means of what a normal player would purchase for an average loadout, and we frown upon excessive or expensive purchases. We don't usually mind if they occasionally purchase a set of gear for a player or two, as long as they follow the same expectations.

Like vehicles, our staff should not be spawning weapons or gear that is not normally accessible to players, with the exception of special events that are designed around the use of those specific items.

I'm sure we can have a pow-wow with the staff to remind everyone what is and isn't acceptable use of the admin tools.

If you see excessive use of any of these things from Asylum staff, feel free to report it to a Community Manager. We take admin abuse seriously and have removed friends and staff in the past for this specific reason.

Reports on specific admins in the player report section will be answered by a Community Manager (I am not a CM), but it is preferable that you use private messages when reporting staff.

2 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

God like with the ability to spawn the gear they need at anytime and load up their houses with it or simply bring in a loaded crate as Bikstok noted. Add that with unlimited money and it creates a very unbalanced situation, especially when you have these same admins going around and fighting against players who don't have unlimited resources and have to work for everything they have.

I just dont see it and think people are attacking something that doesnt really exist. ill elaborate later from my pc.

Deazy Johnson likes this
Just now, Sneaky said:

I just dont see it and think people are attacking something that doesnt really exist. ill elaborate later from my pc.

I mean no offense but you are an admin and could have a biased point of view. I'm not saying all admins are going around doing this but it has clearly happened to members who have posted in this thread. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
1 hour ago, Motown said:

We do allow our admins to use admin generated funds to buy their gear. We consider access to this tool to be a sort of privilege or payment for the volunteer work they do for Asylum.

You mentioned buying gear, but the vast majority of admins script in their gear while sitting in their houses thus being able to return to fights much quicker than normal players, who have to go to rebel and medical. What's your stance on that?

Furnie Mack, Haych and George like this
1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

Or you could just not spawn in gear and buy it like every other player :)

its kind of like blaming Ferrari for making fast cars when you get a speeding ticket

They could but how are they going to gear up their gang mates then? It would be ok if admins would just have their gear for free but they give the same loadout to their friends/gang members,,,

Just now, Gnashes said:

With the sole exception of backpacks; anything that can be bought for a fight can be stuck in a house crate. My own crates have Y inventories of medical as they don't need to be used for drugs (the exception being my coke proc house)

I direct you to Bamf's VoD's and the chopsho house.

And I'll preliminarily bring this up: Yes; most gear in Admin crates was scripted and stuck in there. This is so that Admins don't have to worry about getting killed while buying/transporting the gear and giving away shitloads of gear acquired through "non-normal means".

Here's the main difference though:

Dedicated cartel players have maybe 2 houses with loadouts in them. Usually only on their home server and with maximum 15 loadouts. They have to spend a considerable amount of time buying this gear at rebel with massive risks. This results in them actually not gearing from their houses the majority of time, because it's such a hassle to refill your house.

Some admins have 5 houses on every server filled with hundreds of loadouts scripted in. The houses are spread in central locations throughout the map, so whenever the admin dies, he can return to the situation fully geared within minutes. This probably wouldn't be such a big issue if all admins had enough self-control to wait a reasonable time before returning. However, we all know that people (admins included) can get pretty heated from dying, and usually want to redeem themselves (or save their friends).

The ability to script in gear opens so many possibilities of abuse. I remember a certain mod switching from a BH loadout to a rebel loadout mid combat. I have also seen many admins pretend to own houses with loadouts. Did I report them? Fuck no. In my experience CMs rarely take any action on reports against admins, either due to lack of evidence or just plain lack of interest.

So many admins have become incredibly lazy when it comes to regearing. You really should try playing the game like the rest of us..

1 hour ago, Bikstok said:

Here's the main difference though:

Dedicated cartel players have maybe 2 houses with loadouts in them. Usually only on their home server and with maximum 15 loadouts. They have to spend a considerable amount of time buying this gear at rebel with massive risks. This results in them actually not gearing from their houses the majority of time, because it's such a hassle to refill your house.

Some admins have 5 houses on every server filled with hundreds of loadouts scripted in. The houses are spread in central locations throughout the map, so whenever the admin dies, he can return to the situation fully geared within minutes. This probably wouldn't be such a big issue if all admins had enough self-control to wait a reasonable time before returning. However, we all know that people (admins included) can get pretty heated from dying, and usually want to redeem themselves (or save their friends).

The ability to script in gear opens so many possibilities of abuse. I remember a certain mod switching from a BH loadout to a rebel loadout mid combat. I have also seen many admins pretend to own houses with loadouts. Did I report them? Fuck no. In my experience CMs rarely take any action on reports against admins, either due to lack of evidence or just plain lack of interest.

So many admins have become incredibly lazy when it comes to regearing. You really should try playing the game like the rest of us..

True,True and True 

0mKXcg1.gif

1 hour ago, Bikstok said:

In my experience CMs rarely take any action on reports against admins, either due to lack of evidence or just plain lack of interest.

I can tell you it's not due to lack of interest. @Motown can attest to the fact that we investigate reports and take action on reports that have sufficient evidence, he remains clued into admin situations and gives his opinion. I've investigated incidents where I've spent quite a bit of time looking in Splunk verifying things. People are not reporting anything big when reporting admins. If you feel something was fishy, report it and we look into it. That reporting form is only accessible to CM and above.

19 minutes ago, Olio said:

I can tell you it's not due to lack of interest. @Motown can attest to the fact that we investigate reports and take action on reports that have sufficient evidence, he remains clued into admin situations and gives his opinion. I've investigated incidents where I've spent quite a bit of time looking in Splunk verifying things. People are not reporting anything big when reporting admins. If you feel something was fishy, report it and we look into it. That reporting form is only accessible to CM and above.

Or you could you know, be proactive and implement a system that makes it much harder to abuse things. Dont let them script gear into crates (which overrides the crates capacity btw) If i kill an admin they should have to spawn donor get meds, go to rebel get gear and then come back. Not spawn in the closest house to the fight and come back fully loaded with meds, nades, backpacks, cocaine... Is unlimited money not enough reward for you guys? do you need an in game advantage to make your jobs worthwhile. If admins want to have houses, make them fill it with gear manually. its not like it would cost them anything.

As someone that plays cop and Civ with multiple and different admins, the only weird thing I've seen is people flying in a VTOL giving tours around altis, and a blackfish figuring out how to load a vehicle.

i thought like this before I played with them, but remember that most of the admins are in gangs, most of them are the leaders of the gang or Hugh enough to pull money, why you don't think they could get their stuff legit. Gang banks are full and that's because of the cartels money, they give paychecks and keep collecting money. 

From my pov, te situation you are complaining is the same as if a long time guy in asylum with a couple thousands of money goes to Kavala or any city and start killing fresh spawns or complete newbies. I will say the same "you are using gear that is not in my reach" even tho it is but later in the game.

Not sure if I explained my self clear, so if not I will be more than happy to clarify. 

They have an endless supply of money, i don't see there being a reason to have the need to script your gear in, if anything, spawn your money in, and go regear at a rebel like everyone else, not like your risking anything considering the money isn't legit anyways, only difference would be is you would have to spend time gearing like the rest of us with the risk of people at rebel delaying your regear time like the rest of us have to deal with

Need a loadout? spawn your money and go BUY it

Need a vehicle? spawn your money and go BUY it

Absolutely no need for spawning in physical items that give the unfair advantage of quickness, don't be lazy

Edited by Vortex

@Motown @Olio @Volunteer281

How about designated slots specifically for events/administration. I understand that with that would come a lot of spam over the "Message an admin" feature but you could at least remove them from normal means of communication. (Calling/Texting.) 

I am not an admin on Asylum so clearly I speak from a very biased perspective... But I see no reason as to why an admin who is involved in RP should have the ability to use a debug console or scripts, even if they come across a potential rule-breaker they should have to at least have to spend the time to hop slots to give them time to consider the situation before they make any unjust decisions. These slots should also prevent them from accessing any of their homes. 

Administration and RP should be two different things, reward the staff for their work in money not advantages. I think people would value their gear in their house much more if they had to transport it themselves... Even with limitless money. 

Also just my opinion but staff should not be able to review reports/appeals on their associates, even the most mature people are still biased towards friends. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and Eric916 like this
12 minutes ago, Trilligy said:

We try not to deal with reports on associates or filed by but we have no rules against it.

Adding a rule might remove some of the peer-pressure that could come with that. Along with some of the 'sucking up' to try to avoid harsher punishments. I know a lot of players find certain gangs 'untouchable' when it comes to player reports due to their heavy administrative ties. The easiest way to negate that is to remove the possibility.

16 hours ago, Bikstok said:

The biggest problem with admins having debug console is them spawning gear while fighting. They can get access to gear much quicker than regular players. Examples:

• Your friends got caught, so you spawn in a suicide vest and arrive much quicker to the situation than a normal player would be able to.
  • You ran out of RPG rockets while fighting, so you spawn another one in. Who would really notice?
  • Someone is sitting in a water spot, so you spawn in another grenade to kill him.

Trust me, stuff like this happens on a regular basis, and it's basically impossible for players to report.

what do you mean, surely this would never happen Mr @Bikstok :kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieD_eIPRUnk

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this

Me and Vol will look at making an actual rule to not touch a report where they may be associated with either party. It's a common sense thing and if the community feels it's an issue we can discuss making it official. 

fuzionz likes this
40 minutes ago, Legit said:

@Motown @Olio @Volunteer281

How about designated slots specifically for events/administration. I understand that with that would come a lot of spam over the "Message an admin" feature but you could at least remove them from normal means of communication. (Calling/Texting.) 

I am not an admin on Asylum so clearly I speak from a very biased perspective... But I see no reason as to why an admin who is involved in RP should have the ability to use a debug console or scripts, even if they come across a potential rule-breaker they should have to at least have to spend the time to hop slots to give them time to consider the situation before they make any unjust decisions. These slots should also prevent them from accessing any of their homes. 

Administration and RP should be two different things, reward the staff for their work in money not advantages. I think people would value their gear in their house much more if they had to transport it themselves... Even with limitless money. 

Also just my opinion but staff should not be able to review reports/appeals on their associates, even the most mature people are still biased towards friends. 

It all comes down to making sure that the admins are being fair when playing. The idea would limit the abilities that may be needed in several ways. Creating an admin slot would not allow us investigate situations with out publicly advertising "admin is online watching, better behave". We will discuss what we can do going forward with the concern over items being scripted in. As I said before if you feel you were wronged or that maybe they don't have a house somewhere and they returned quick especially with a backpack please report it and we will take a look. As for the large amount of load outs on crates that go over the limits of the crates I will address this issue.

I understand why admins get IGN money from doing "admin work" but at the same time, people call them "volunteers" by definition a volunteer is: 

volunteer
ˌvɒlənˈtɪə/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
    "a call for volunteers to act as foster-parents"
    synonyms: subject, participant, case, client, patient; 
    informalguinea pig
    "during the investigation, each volunteer was studied three times"
    •  
    •  
  2. 2.
    a person who works for an organization without being paid.
    "the railway is operated solely by volunteers"

Wouldn't this then mean admins shouldn't technically get special treatment ingame for simply volunteering to do work that I'm sure a lot of others would do?

I understand that admins do take time out their day, and make the community better etc. But at the same time it doesn't seem right that because of this they get to have game changing scripts tbh. Just give them a good amount of money, take away their scripts (Because lets face it, you guys don't do events, and if you do, it's likely they will crash the server anyway or just lag everyone out)

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this

It will be discussed in detail and we will go forward with some of the ideas presented, there were a lot of valid points and discussion, and for the most part everyone remained civil and I appreciate it. In closing I urge anyone that feels that they witnessed abuse to report it through the proper channels, so we can properly investigate it. Thank you for the feedback, we do appreciate it even if you do not think we do.