Staff Transparency

Legit

I know this subject may be 'touchy' for some, so if you have any quips I would ask you to keep them to yourself. 

A recurring subject that seems to crop up whenever the group I am with comes up against the staff is "abuse". What seems to be commonly spread among players is the fact that admins have no limit in terms of funding, but to what extent? Rumors begin to spread about them funding their gang/friends, or using their abilities in a way considered less then fair. Making playing cop or civ a pain when a player(s) wants to avoid engaging them to avoid repercussions. 

So what I ask here is just for some transparency to end most quarrels on the subject. Any answers to the following would be appreciated.(Questions are scaled based on how often I hear them argued. Most to least)

• Can you use 'fake' funds to buy explosives? Are there limits?
  • Can you use 'fake' funds to buy vehicles(Ifrit/50)? Is the use restricted to you?
  • Can you use your funds to gear other players or is it restricted to yourself?
  • Overall are there are any rules in place at all for this 'advantage'?
  • Can you answer player reports on your associates?

In no way am I accusing any staff member of being biased or unable to separate their personal relationships from their responsibilities. I am simply looking for some transparency so people don't need to constantly question the integrity of the staff.

Please discuss below in a respectful way.

Edit:

Just to clarify in no way am I implying volunteers should not be rewarded. In my opinion that reward should apply only to yourself and not your friends to avoid bias. Everybody is entitled to their own.(Regardless of if you like it or not)

Edited by Legit

Even if there is problems, all you're going to get is

1)People valiantly defending admins blindly for karma points.

2)Something about them being volunteers and you should be lucky to even have them.

3)Some bullshit about something completely unrelated. 

I don't have a problem with admins, but discussing stuff like this isn't a possibility on Asylum, and this topic will likely be silently deleted. 

Admins are rewarded with funds and are responsible for playing fairly. Anything deemed excessive can and should be reported. Admins are allowed to gear up a friend from time to time, but they should not be using it to gear up someone or a gang constantly, or create an unfair advantage. If you find someone that is not playing fairly please report it.

Just now, Olio said:

Admins are rewarded with funds and are responsible for playing fairly. Anything deemed excessive can and should be reported. Admins are allowed to gear up a friend from time to time, but they should not be using it to gear up someone or a gang constantly, or create an unfair advantage. If you find someone that is not playing fairly please report it.

all reporting does is get you mod queued :frog:

Edited by TheRealLethal
58 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

What would be bad is if they have access to money to buy things other players couldn't afford or wouldn't normally spend the money on especially if used against gangs. I mean do admins have an advantage or no? 

To be totally transparent, we have had admins being reported for using things to much, dropping excessive amounts of item like speedbombs, these situations are addressed. We emphasize the need to play fairly, and majority if not all play fairly.

Haych likes this
Just now, Olio said:

To be totally transparent, we have had admins being reported for using things to much, dropping excessive amounts of item like speedbombs, these situations are addressed. We emphasize the need to play fairly, and majority if not all play fairly.

And since Gnashes is no longer an admin, I take it this doesn't apply to him? :huh:

Just now, Jimbo said:

And since Gnashes is no longer an admin, I take it this doesn't apply to him? :huh:

ANYONE that has access to any level of tools or money all have the same responsibility to play fairly. Each situation is investigated. This includes any of our contributors.

I'll answer it from my perspective :)

• Can you use 'fake' funds to buy explosives? Are there limits?  I still have the money I had when I was a player.  I'm not here to ruin anyones play by being overwhelming with explosives and other items that may imbalance a fight.
  • Can you use 'fake' funds to buy vehicles(Ifrit/50)? Is the use restricted to you?  I had 10 x 50 cals before I was admin and 8 x Ifrits...  My play style hasnt changed, im still careful.
  • Can you use your funds to gear other players or is it restricted to yourself? I give out money to random players sometimes and drop care packages full of guns that anyone can grab.  I do not script in gear to my friends.  I'm not here to unbalance anything.
  • Overall are there are any rules in place at all for this 'advantage'?  #1 rule dont be an asshole.   
  • Can you answer player reports on your associates?  I'll ban anyone if warranted the ban.  I do not comp gangmates.
Zelthius, Shepurd, Rag and 1 other like this
Just now, Olio said:

Never once put anyone on modqueue because they report an admin through the proper channels.

im sorry, i was being passive aggressive. Allow me to state how i feel respectfully. 

Admins should be rewarded with unlimited cash and other cool stuff, but allowing them all to have access to debug console is a mistake, way to much room for abuse. I think admins should have a restricted script menu for spectating teleporting and stuff but not have access to full debug. reduces chances of abuse. just my thoughts. this almost happened once, before you were even an admin and all the admins threatened to quit/not do any work

Ghouh, Haych, Kettles and 2 others like this
Just now, TheRealLethal said:

im sorry, i was being passive aggressive. Allow me to state how i feel respectfully. 

Admins should be rewarded with unlimited cash and other cool stuff, but allowing them all to have access to debug console is a mistake, way to much room for abuse. I think admins should have a restricted script menu for spectating teleporting and stuff but not have access to full debug. reduces chances of abuse. just my thoughts. this almost happened once, before you were even an admin and all the admins threatened to quit/not do any work

I understand how it leaves open that chance for abuse, but limiting what scripts can be run could limit their abilities in script run commands. If you can be more specific as to what scripts you feel are being abused I can address that.

1 minute ago, TheRealLethal said:

but allowing them all to have access to debug console is a mistake, way to much room for abuse. I think admins should have a restricted script menu for spectating teleporting and stuff but not have access to full debug.

Then we cant do events.  Besides where else would I put my silent aim and x-ray script?

The staff is vetted quite well, and we are always careful to as Clint put it "Not be dicks". Having the debug menu allows us to run events, and deal with problem players. 

I also echo Clints responses. I had a good sized bank before mod, as well as Ifrits and .50's. I also give new players money especially when they are in Kavala and dont have 2 pennies to rub together. I also take them under my wing and show them how to make more money. I never script them in gear, and I do make trips to rebel for gear. Neither my friends, nor my gang gets any benefit from my position 

@Olio me and 4-5 gang mates collecting heroin then all of a sudden rpgs/nades come out of nowhere blowing all of us up. (I lived but then died to him) I found out they was admins. is that excessive? I mean 3-4 rockets and a few nades just for 3-4 box trucks? I don't know of any other normal playing players that would spend that just to do it?

then ban the officer that was processing him saying he exploited. ;) 

Edited by bigjohn561
9 minutes ago, Olio said:

I understand how it leaves open that chance for abuse, but limiting what scripts can be run could limit their abilities in script run commands. If you can be more specific as to what scripts you feel are being abused I can address that.

The biggest problem with admins having debug console is them spawning gear while fighting. They can get access to gear much quicker than regular players. Examples:

• Your friends got caught, so you spawn in a suicide vest and arrive much quicker to the situation than a normal player would be able to.
  • You ran out of RPG rockets while fighting, so you spawn another one in. Who would really notice?
  • Someone is sitting in a water spot, so you spawn in another grenade to kill him.

Trust me, stuff like this happens on a regular basis, and it's basically impossible for players to report.

thats the issue, you are not being vetted. you just have to not screw up super bad for a few months. after that, you are untouchable unless you start zeusing orcas

That is your opinion. I can tell you that the recent admin team was fully vetted. Interviewed and trained. It wasn't a "Welcome to the team do your thing". We had Admins and CM's with us every step of the way. 

21 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

lets start with a few of these

7732273a4cf6920e73f1a999c2eff326.png

These don't get used often at all. Admin's make scripts because they like to try stuff out by developing scripts, and changing stuff. We all have a ton of scripts that we've made that we think are cool and we save them to our sheets. Just because we have them doesn't mean we use them.

Shane McCoy likes this
8 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

@Olio me and 4-5 gang mates collecting heroin then all of a sudden rpgs/nades come out of nowhere blowing all of us up. (I lived but then died to him) I found out they was admins. is that excessive? I mean 3-4 rockets and a few nades just for 3-4 box trucks? I don't know of any other normal playing players that would spend that just to do it?

Look at it like this, just because it was an admin who killed you doesn't mean they obtained the equipment through non-legit ways. For all we know they could have used money through a completely legit bank account. A normal player could have done the samething.

15 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

If you believe it's excessive report it.

19 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

The biggest problem with admins having debug console is them spawning gear while fighting. They can get access to gear much quicker than regular players. Examples:

• Your friends got caught, so you spawn in a suicide vest and arrive much quicker to the situation than a normal player would be able to.
  • You ran out of RPG rockets while fighting, so you spawn another one in. Who would really notice?
  • Someone is sitting in a water spot, so you spawn in another grenade to kill him.

Trust me, stuff like this happens on a regular basis, and it's basically impossible for players to report.

The gear can be spawned in BEFORE a fight BUT if they are killed in a fight and they want to return they need to give ample time as a trip to rebel, or going back to their house. If you feel that they returned fully geared extremely fast, you can report it and we will take a look at homes etc. Retaliating for arrest or capture is fine but that gear should not be spawned in, it needs to be purchased or taken out of a crate. A good chunk of people that play with members go to rebel and gear up with them. I typically will go to a rebel and buy gear. Your points you made will be seen by the admins and we can make discussion of it.

6 minutes ago, Shane McCoy said:

Look at it like this, just because it was an admin who killed you doesn't mean they obtained the equipment through non-legit ways. For all we know they could have used money through a completely legit bank account. A normal player could have done the samething.

But that's the issue Shane. If I kill someone in game then myself and the other admins I'm playing with at the time are automatically accused of admin abuse. Spawning in gear, TPing, ESP, using some sort of auto aim, etc. It's gotten to the point were I can't even go one day of playing the game without someone crying abuse. It's ridiculous at times. That's why I can't even play under my name anymore. 

Just now, Volunteer281 said:

But that's the issue Shane. If I kill someone in game then myself and the other admins I'm playing with at the time are automatically accused of admin abuse. Spawning in gear, TPing, ESP, using some sort of auto aim, etc. It's gotten to the point were I can't even go one day of playing the game without someone crying abuse. It's ridiculous at times. That's why I can't even play under my name anymore. 

Same issue when i ran a community out side of Arma. The second i use top quality gear even if it took me a shit ton of time getting it just as everyone else did all they would do was complain. It got to the point to where i'm over here like "Well shit i spend all this time getting gear so that people don't complain about me spawning it in but then they just assume i spawned it in anyways so i'm either just gonna spawn shit in or not play" eventually people actually noticed me spending the time to get geared and dropped it for the most part but holy fuck is it annoying.

Volunteer281 and Shane McCoy like this