Staff Transparency

Legit

7 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

My question - What the hell happens to mods after they get admin? It's like they just die or something. I don't think I'm the only one noticing these recent mod applicants getting admin and then just disappearing for a while, or maybe I'm just not seeing the things that they are actually doing?

Like @Trilligy said they do everything during their mod periods. They tend to take a little breather then pick back up. Any of the admins you ask will tell you that I put a lot of pressure on activity, there is a lot to do daily.

Vanilla Coke likes this
14 minutes ago, Olio said:

The gear can be spawned in BEFORE a fight BUT if they are killed in a fight and they want to return they need to give ample time as a trip to rebel, or going back to their house. If you feel that they returned fully geared extremely fast, you can report it and we will take a look at homes etc. Retaliating for arrest or capture is fine but that gear should not be spawned in, it needs to be purchased or taken out of a crate. A good chunk of people that play with members go to rebel and gear up with them. I typically will go to a rebel and buy gear. Your points you made will be seen by the admins and we can make discussion of it.

A while back when i was rolling with Sojobo back when Tanoa was popular, we were having a very similar conversation and he was naming off a few admins that he had saw that had done this before, but he said he was no snitch so he didnt say anything.

26 minutes ago, Olio said:

The gear can be spawned in BEFORE a fight BUT if they are killed in a fight and they want to return they need to give ample time as a trip to rebel, or going back to their house. If you feel that they returned fully geared extremely fast, you can report it and we will take a look at homes etc. Retaliating for arrest or capture is fine but that gear should not be spawned in, it needs to be purchased or taken out of a crate. A good chunk of people that play with members go to rebel and gear up with them. I typically will go to a rebel and buy gear.

That's all fine and dandy, but no one actually enforces those rules. Admins have been reported for emptying cartel crates while invisible and spawning hundreds of RPG rockets in a month. Nothing happened to them in spite of sufficient evidence. Besides, most admins own 5 houses on every server spread throughout the map with enough gear to equip a small army. Why does it make a difference if you technically gear from a crate, when that gear has been scripted in and exceeds the crate inventory by a mile. I have personally geared from admin crates with 100+ loadouts in them. Meanwhile, normal players spend hours putting loadouts in their houses, and have enormous risks while doing so.

Admins really should not be allowed to script in gear either on person nor in crates. They already have so many advantages in the form of infinite money and no need for money-making houses. Most cartel players have loadouts in houses around donor/arms, because they need meth or scotch houses. Admins can basically cover the entire map without the hassle of refilling their crates.

Tired of getting accused of admin abuse? How about you give people less of an excuse to do so, and get rid of debug console!

Edited by Bikstok
Just now, bigjohn561 said:

instead of being allowed to spawn in gear and given money why don't they just get paid the asylum cash per activity they do? like 25k per rdm report... maybe not that much but something along those lines?

Let them spawn in money but have a basic activity ratio for each month (like cop for instance), this way admins don't end up inactive and shit gets dealt with sooner

5 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Admins don't think bout getting the hemmit / zamak and chopping them or unloading them to make money like the other players do... admins just blow them up since they don't need to make the money, so people cant fight to get them back since they are blown up...

I blow up cars whenever I have the chance to aswell, I'll use my 50 cal whenever I can

Edited by Shane McCoy

One of the biggest issues is the tendency for a admin to get frustrated and ban someone on the spot for a altercation in game (VDM, RDM, Whatever). I understand that a lot of the time they are in the right and the person broke server rules, but I have been on the receiving end and seen admins get mad at someone and ban them claiming it was RDM or whatever. I feel like a admin should still have to submit a player report like everyone else so that the whole 5 minutes of video can be scrutinized (CL and VDM are seperate obv). 

Kettles and bigjohn561 like this
5 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Admins don't think bout getting the hemmit / zamak and chopping them or unloading them to make money like the other players do... admins just blow them up since they don't need to make the money, so people cant fight to get them back since they are blown up...

Not true. I  steal hemmts, box trucks, and zamaks all the time and chop them after I empty them out. I even finally got me a APD Hunter the other day. Chopped it and gave the money to the new players that helped me.

3 hours ago, ILostSoMuchStuff said:

One of the biggest issues is the tendency for a admin to get frustrated and ban someone on the spot for a altercation in game (VDM, RDM, Whatever). I understand that a lot of the time they are in the right and the person broke server rules, but I have been on the receiving end and seen admins get mad at someone and ban them claiming it was RDM or whatever. I feel like a admin should still have to submit a player report like everyone else so that the whole 5 minutes of video can be scrutinized (CL and VDM are seperate obv). 

+1 why don't admins have to post a 5min video... I had a admin ban me even tho he had no video since it wasn't him I rdmed..

45 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Time to bring out the classic gif 

FAaQ1lT.gif

And Smirnoff casually comes in with the classy reply.

I feel these biases about administrators and moderators just comes about after a friend had a "nasty encounter" and then they feel they're out to get them or ruin their experience. This isn't the case at all, they're here to help most of the time and have fun like what @Padrinos does with the black and chrome VTOL I flew not too long ago. They do their job and they also have their fun, people just want excuses as to why they got beat by a staff member and accusing them of abuse is the easiest way.

40 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

e? How about you give people less of an excuse to do so, and get rid of debug console!

Hence why i mentioned in the past that a Senior/Head Admin role needs to get added. Only those who are Head Admin get access to Debug.

Asylum can really do with a couple more ranks to spread powers across. Other communities use such systems and it works much better for them, heres a example.
Head Admin - Access to Debug in game
Admin - Access to full in game Admin panel, no Debug.
Moderator -  Access to basic in game Admin panel. Can only Spectate etc.. Just basic things
Forum Moderator - No in game powers. Just has the power on forums to deal with reports, compensation requests etc..
Support/Helper - No powers, just people who have been in this community for a while that have a TS tag, and if any new player needs any answers or help, they go to them.

Instead of giving everyone all the power they need spread amongst 2 ranks, this will spread it out allowing people to work up the chain slowly gaining trust. It also distributes what people should be doing, instead of what we have now where Mods become Admin and start doing nothing. 

Edited by Haych
Steve, Bikstok and Norwegianviking like this
2 minutes ago, ILostSoMuchStuff said:

I already know there's admins that does save the recordings of incidents in case a CM askes about the ban or to show to the banning player. 

Just now, Norwegianviking said:

I already know there's admins that does save the recordings of incidents in case a CM askes about the ban or to show to the banning player. 

Not trying to name names. It happens a lot, obviously not all of them are the issue, but enough of them are for this discussion to even be happening.

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Let them spawn in money but have a basic activity ratio for each month (like cop for instance), this way admins don't end up inactive and shit gets dealt with sooner

Ask any admin, once I became a CM and even before CM I put a lot of pressure on non-paid staff to make sure things get done. We are looking at Support Staff and are looking st SoPs and how to best utilize them. As for the comp wait time I have spoken with Paratus and Bamf and they are working on implementing a new way to pay comps that will make it so there will be a small % that would require waiting in TS. Which tends to be the number one complaint.

Haych, Steve, Heidelberg and 1 other like this
21 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

If you ever play with the admins you would understand that statement to be false, when we play together we actually chop them, put the funds into or gang bank. We like to play the game to. Many admins actually have second accounts that they play on that do not have any admin ties so they can play the game normally.

Dredge likes this
3 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

+1 why don't admins have to post a 5min video... I had a admin ban me even tho he had no video since it wasn't him I rdmed..

I will only speak for myself on this. If I am playing and someone breaks a rule in front of my then I will put a ban in. A violation such as VDM/CL is easy to understand without reviewing video. For exploits and RDM I always review the shadow-play video prior to taking action and I only take action after i review the footage. People who play cop with me know this because I spend a lot of cop time semi afk trying to watch videos. It has been a good habit because on occasion I will not put the ban in because of an initiation I didnt catch etc. This is something that all admins really should be doing to prevent that "frustration/payback" ban. sometimes there are annoying situations where you get overwhelmed and aren't in the best state of mind. In that instance they really should be running shadow-play to make sure they are correct before addressing the problem.

Admins will always have faults because we are people and have emotional responses to situations just like every player. The most important thing is to make sure admins are reflecting on their own decisions to make sure they are upholding the fair spirit of game play for everyone. Whether this is wrongful bans or the huge problem of overusing explosive devices in game. Right now I agree that a lot of admins use too many explosives and it even gets under my skin when I play in that environment. Spawning in gear to me has been OK so long as it is at your house or rebel vendor with no combat.

I think rules and numbers are challenging to address when it comes to preventing abuse. The most important thing is for admins to look at their usage of grenades and speed bombs/vests. Not only that but compare it to how receptive the players are to the situations you've used them in. If you just used 3 speedbombs and i search you to find 4 RPGs and 6 grenades then you are doing too much. Now your friend comes to suicide vest me while you're in custody. That is a shitty experience for players and admins themselves need to realize that. I think we are past Jin level (30+ grenades at prison break) but there is still room for improvement and there always will be. 

I do want to thank everyone for providing feedback about this situation in a mature manner.

1 minute ago, Sneaky said:

I will only speak for myself on this. If I am playing and someone breaks a rule in front of my then I will put a ban in. A violation such as VDM/CL is easy to understand without reviewing video. For exploits and RDM I always review the shadow-play video prior to taking action and I only take action after i review the footage. People who play cop with me know this because I spend a lot of cop time semi afk trying to watch videos. It has been a good habit because on occasion I will not put the ban in because of an initiation I didnt catch etc. This is something that all admins really should be doing to prevent that "frustration/payback" ban. sometimes there are annoying situations where you get overwhelmed and aren't in the best state of mind. In that instance they really should be running shadow-play to make sure they are correct before addressing the problem.

Admins will always have faults because we are people and have emotional responses to situations just like every player. The most important thing is to make sure admins are reflecting on their own decisions to make sure they are upholding the fair spirit of game play for everyone. Whether this is wrongful bans or the huge problem of overusing explosive devices in game. Right now I agree that a lot of admins use too many explosives and it even gets under my skin when I play in that environment. Spawning in gear to me has been OK so long as it is at your house or rebel vendor with no combat.

I think rules and numbers are challenging to address when it comes to preventing abuse. The most important thing is for admins to look at their usage of grenades and speed bombs/vests. Not only that but compare it to how receptive the players are to the situations you've used them in. If you just used 3 speedbombs and i search you to find 4 RPGs and 6 grenades then you are doing too much. Now your friend comes to suicide vest me while you're in custody. That is a shitty experience for players and admins themselves need to realize that. I think we are past Jin level (30+ grenades at prison break) but there is still room for improvement and there always will be. 

I do want to thank everyone for providing feedback about this situation in a mature manner.

Finally a good one