Change log 7.9.0

bamf

2 hours ago, signal said:

Is it possible for this patch to be applied to Tanoa aside from the prison changes? Hate having to stock up on pilot coveralls and carrier lites to bounty hunt

Yes. I'm breaking prison breaks on Tanoa intentionally though to put this patch live there though. 

1 hour ago, Biground said:

snip

It sounds like you should do your best to work for that pardon then. Your past RP will now affect your future RP to an extent, which should be ok. 

Although, if the APD just starts robo-copping people with a rap sheet, then we will see what needs to be done. This update is there as a way to enhance RP with the APD, not stifle it. 

Mason, Steve and Google™ like this
5 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I have yet to see anyone abuse it. IMO this change was completely unnecessary and just makes being a cop more cumbersome. If addAction wasn't so AIDS and buggy to begin with then maybe there'd be some merit to this but come on. 

I've seen officers retrain people while they are still in their vehicle.

2 hours ago, Killswitch said:

I agree totally...The rap sheet would have been a good tool way back, but now the ticket guide and everything has else has changed so much that this will only hurt APD and Civilian interactions (with the current 24 hour)

100% agree.  The ticketting guide was definitely NOT written with a criminal history rap sheet like this in mind because it was written with some rather severe 2nd and 3rd offenses. 

2nd and 3rd counts of threatening and officer is straight to jail, so if you're charged with it once in the last week are you guaranteed going straight to jail every time you turn yourself in until that charge is off your rap sheet?  3rd count of driving an illegal vehicle and discharge within a city are also straight to jail.  Hate to be caught with an Ifrit twice in 24 hours...

As for the loss of the restrain hotkey, we lived for so long without it.  We'll survive.  It would be nice if the hotkey worked for unrestraining civs (makes the end-of-interaction RP a little smoother if I don't have to scrollwheel for it) but I have a feeling that can be abused too.  :S

Though overall +1

Thorgs likes this
Guest Bad_Polarbear
7 hours ago, bamf said:

It also gets spammed at times when cops come up from being downed near someone they are fighting with (think simultaneous downing).  

Perhaps we can also allow the hotkey to work on surrendered players, but it shouldn't be a single hotkey to restrain a player that isn't "willing" to be restrained if that makes sense.  

I agree with this. It sucks for us cops, but to be fair then we can't just stop someone instantly. That is OP, they dont even have a chance....

I agree and appreciate every fix and addition on these patch notes (especially the fed bug fix) except for the rap sheet.

It gives certain cops another free pass to robocop civs and rebels without consequence. Cops are going to use the rap sheet as an excuse to send a civilian / rebel to jail despite any RP he may give for his current bounty. There is no way to police this, either. It's just going to happen.

Let's bring up a good example of a feature that's certainly cool but promotes robocopping ; parole. As a rebel, it's fun to evade them and fight to not get caught by the cops in the rare occurence that they come. If you end up getting captured, however, good luck explaining your story because there's a big chance the cop you're talking to is only in it for the 50% increase.

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about whether what I said would be considered by Bamf or Gnashes because I rarely if ever get caught by the cops. When I do eventually get caught / turn myself in I don't want to find myself in a situation such as the one listed above.

Just one question regarding this 

The Federal Reserve may be robbed regardless of the current number of online cops provided enough were online when it started

So basically people can keep doing when there are no cops online to defend it and break the economy by just repeating the process again and again.?.

Just now, Silver-Spy said:

The Federal Reserve may be robbed regardless of the current number of online cops provided enough were online when it started

So basically people can keep doing when there are no cops online to defend it and break the economy by just repeating the process again and again.?.

I'm pretty sure this means that if someone starts a robbery with enough cops online and during the robbery cops log off, it wont stop the robbery, I may be wrong but thats how I interpreted it

bamf and Silver-Spy like this
38 minutes ago, Olivia said:

2nd and 3rd counts of threatening and officer is straight to jail, so if you're charged with it once in the last week are you guaranteed going straight to jail every time you turn yourself in until that charge is off your rap sheet?  3rd count of driving an illegal vehicle and discharge within a city are also straight to jail.  Hate to be caught with an Ifrit twice in 24 hours...

Why would the Rap Sheet have any bearing on processing someone for their CURRENT charges outside of communication?

That just sounds like poor police judgment to me.

6 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

It's a good patch.  The rap sheet though is going to lead to robocopping though, any cop who just wants arrest money can just listen to your story and be like "Well, I see you've committed crimes in the past, so i'm just gonna give you a full ticket" and that'll work for mostly any bounty as every civ is generally committing crimes.

Not true. Police officers are instructed to give non-evasive and non-aggressive civs a chance to pay a half-ticket.

37 minutes ago, Olivia said:

100% agree.  The ticketting guide was definitely NOT written with a criminal history rap sheet like this in mind because it was written with some rather severe 2nd and 3rd offenses. 

As for the loss of the restrain hotkey, we lived for so long without it.  We'll survive.  It would be nice if the hotkey worked for unrestraining civs (makes the end-of-interaction RP a little smoother if I don't have to scrollwheel for it) but I have a feeling that can be abused too.  :S

Though overall +1

System the way it is:

I actually think it's gonna make things easier. As APD officers know, we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd offenses for each charge. It's extremely hard to know or to memorize how many times a person has committed that crime within the server restart, for example.

With this patch it will be easier, as now we can check how often a person has committed the same crime within the past 24 hours. More serious charges, like harassment, should be the only ones valid for the 1 week history.

All that being said, I think we can take a positive image out of the new system. If the straight to jail policy raises, it either will make players see criminality in a different way or it will make the prison break feature more used.

rodrigo silva and Mr. Linux like this

System with a few changes:

I do agree with a few other suggestions posted on this thread. Right now, charges and its recidivisms usually last for the same server restart, or until the player has paid their charges at the courthouse, if that makes sense (with the exception that we gotta use our brains to memorize those recidivisms). That way, rap sheet could be erased at every server restart, so the straight to jail charges and the second offenses get more balanced. 

Can't see any harm in RP or robo-copping stimulus in that scenario.

Edited by BlackShot
46 minutes ago, Silver-Spy said:

An issue was when rebels would start a fed with enough cops online, the cops would then log out/soft log to lobby so the rebels couldn't pick up the gold bars. Now regardless if they log out after the fed has been started, you can still pick up the gold bars. 

JIMBO and Silver-Spy like this
8 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Why not simply add a cooldown? Right now the alternative to a player not willing to be restrained is they're going to be shot, how is that any better? Its just going to lead to them raging more at cops than before. Since I've been a cop on server 4, I haven't once seen a cop exploiting this restrain function and that says a lot since I've got a lot of hours in. It's like fixing something that didn't need it. :salt::salt::angry:

Pfft Genji.. 

Ya you don't ever see it being exploited on p4 cuz all you bots do is fucking lethal 

Overseer, Google™ and Juice like this
2 hours ago, Olivia said:

Though overall +1

Well now you can go ahead and change the ticketting guide ;)

Will and Olivia like this
5 hours ago, bamf said:

Yes. I'm breaking prison breaks on Tanoa intentionally though to put this patch live there though. 

It sounds like you should do your best to work for that pardon then. Your past RP will now affect your future RP to an extent, which should be ok. 

Although, if the APD just starts robo-copping people with a rap sheet, then we will see what needs to be done. This update is there as a way to enhance RP with the APD, not stifle it. 

If the APD starts robocopping the APD needs to dish out some jabs to the people who do that.

Don't change a system because of rotten apples, get rid of the rotten apples.

Let us see some ingame leadership from our staff :)

HapHazard likes this
16 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

If the APD starts robocopping the APD needs to dish out some jabs to the people who do that.

robocopping counts as fail RP and you are subject to up to 3 points

21 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

That's alot of rotten apples

Rap sheet just means you need to put a bit more time into RP.

Unarmed Civ: "Help, APD, I killed 14 people in self defence"

Officer: "Let me search you and check your ticket."

Officer: "Here's your pardon."

Unarmed Civ then goes to commit many more manslaughters and repeats process.

The rap sheet simply means more effort on the civ's part.

If we are going to RP at all on this server then simply RP yourself out of your rap sheet.

Let's say you had 10 counts of bank robberies in the last 24 hours. You could easily come up with an excuse that you are a discrete cleaning company employed by the federal reserve and rebel outposts, you take necessary risks to ensure their environment is clean. The issue is that the CCTV catches you and alerts the security, which is out of your control. Any cop who questions you about why would you continue commit bank robbery, you would simply tell them that you must continue working otherwise you cannot earn money and therefore survive. Alternatively you could say the following: Racers, Pizza delivery, Parkouring, House near FED, Camping near FED.

Just create a premeditated RP story before blabbing on about robo cops. Albeit we have very few fair cops right now, the rest give large tickets or just simply pardon someone as soon as they mention self defence or turn themselves in.

Police officers are used to uphold role play and therefore we should reward successful role-play accordingly. If you are going to play music down your microphone throughout your processing, don't expect a pardon.

Edit: As far the ticketing guide goes, surely with the implementation of a rap sheet there should be necessary edits to the guide.

Edited by LiamS3