Change log 7.9.0

bamf

Just now, Musab Ali said:

is this to help with performance ? or just to make the map more clean  / slick looking 

Per-Player allowances to change the opacity of a dozen or so map marker classes.

Tired of seeing all the shit inside of cities? Now you don't have to!

@Gnashes These are some of the random pop up errors I get, there's a few more but I haven't had the chance to screenshot them yet:

v4aPrOP.jpg

r1etvuh.jpg

I'm also memory leaking a HELL of a lot more since 7.9.0, as in almost every 20 minutes the game either crashes, black screens or freezes. Also the criminal record db is very slow and not too useful for interrogations since you have to run to a car and use it when most of the time the suspect is outside somewhere. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Sandwich likes this
4 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

@Gnashes These are some of the random pop up errors I get, there's a few more but I haven't had the chance to screenshot them yet:

v4aPrOP.jpg

r1etvuh.jpg

I'm also memory leaking a HELL of a lot more since 7.9.0, as in almost every 20 minutes the game either crashes, black screens or freezes. Also the criminal record db is very slow and not too useful for interrogations since you have to run to a car and use it when most of the time the suspect is outside somewhere. 

I have had a ton of mem leaks since Arma's hotfix this week found if i set my parameters to default it fixed this.

Sandwich likes this
5 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

v4aPrOP.jpg

r1etvuh.jpg

Those are BI issues, not ours.

(The first one would technically be yours, since that is in our mission).

Second one is a stock Arma 3 file.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:08 AM, Billy123 said:

any updates on whats causing the incessant BE kicks? realy taking the wind out of my sails

Yes, it's a memory leak in the Arma server executable I'm fairly certain (since the 1.66 patch). Each time the waves have hit and I was around to investigate, the memory utilization on the process was at the limits of what a 32 bit application can handle. Arma performs terribly at that memory limit. 

william likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Yes, it's a memory leak in the Arma server executable I'm fairly certain (since the 1.66 patch). Each time the waves have hit and I was around to investigate, the memory utilization on the process was at the limits of what a 32 bit application can handle. Arma performs terribly at that memory limit. 

Sooooo, can we fix it?

Just now, bamf said:

Are you able to run the server off a custom memory allocator with large page like clients can? It can extend beyond the 2 GB limit for memory usage. For reference: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791321243

7 minutes ago, Haych said:

Again though, Asylum is the only server experiencing these kicks after the Arma patch so? :shrug:

Weird; Olympus Admin told us they're having issues, and there are multiple threads on the BI forums.

But hey, it's only Asylum guys; let's keep bitching.

4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Weird; Olympus Admin told us they're having issues, and there are multiple threads on the BI forums.

But hey, it's only Asylum guys; let's keep bitching.

Just spoke to people from 3 of the Largest EU servers, nothing, no kicks, perfectly fine and they are all 120-160 Pop servers. The only issue that has gotten worse since the patch is Client Memory leaking.

Every time Asylum has this issue, a Issue thats been going on for 7 months, you blame Ddos, then when you realise its not Ddos, you blame something else and so forth. 'Multiple' Threads? it does seem a little quite over on the forums, especially for a 'massive' server breaking issue that Arma released :shrug:

5 hours ago, Haych said:

Just spoke to people from 3 of the Largest EU servers, nothing, no kicks, perfectly fine and they are all 120-160 Pop servers. The only issue that has gotten worse since the patch is Client Memory leaking.

Every time Asylum has this issue, a Issue thats been going on for 7 months, you blame Ddos, then when you realise its not Ddos, you blame something else and so forth. 'Multiple' Threads? it does seem a little quite over on the forums, especially for a 'massive' server breaking issue that Arma released :shrug:

Put Young Ana back as your avatar.

7 hours ago, Haych said:

lol made my day.

I have been trying to say that ever since the Asylum database/server changing. It has absolutely decreased Battleye kicks since then. But, regardless of the new Arma patch, Battleye kicking only starts to happen when the servers have about 90/100 or 100/100 players.

There are plenty of logs. You probably have Battleye kicking logs as well, so I don't think it's that hard to check how full the servers are before everybody gets kicked. You guys can also confirm it by logging in on Tanoa. No kicks, 'cause it never gets to 90/100. On weekdays and non-prime hours, it can also be noticed that nobody gets kicked on Altis.

Not trying to 'bitch' here. I'm really doing this 'cause I hope it can point something out and/or provide a small help at identifying the problem.

Edited by BlackShot
Sandwich, Rag and rodrigo silva like this
24 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

There are plenty of logs. You probably have Battleye kicking logs as well, so I don't think it's that hard to check how full the servers are before everybody gets kicked.

There are no logs that say "Bob was kicked when there were 34 players online".

And thank you; we weren't aware of how many logs we have. Good to know we have untapped resources.

45 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

I have been trying to say that ever since the Asylum database/server changing. It has absolutely decreased Battleye kicks since then. But, regardless of the new Arma patch, Battleye kicking only starts to happen when the servers have about 90/100 or 100/100 players.

There are plenty of logs. You probably have Battleye kicking logs as well, so I don't think it's that hard to check how full the servers are before everybody gets kicked. You guys can also confirm it by logging in on Tanoa. No kicks, 'cause it never gets to 90/100. On weekdays and non-prime hours, it can also be noticed that nobody gets kicked on Altis.

Not trying to 'bitch' here. I'm really doing this 'cause I hope it can point something out and/or provide a small help at identifying the problem.

18 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

There are no logs that say "Bob was kicked when there were 34 players online".

And thank you; we weren't aware of how many logs we have. Good to know we have untapped resources.

You don't need to be so arrogant when BlackShot was simply attempting to help.

Edited by Legit
Eric916 and BlackShot like this
9 minutes ago, Legit said:

You don't need to be so arrogant when BlackShot was simply attempting to help.

It annoys me when people's response to something not happening as quickly as they'd like is "you have logs; use them".

Yes; because we've been trying to figure it out with an ouija.

That's what I'm talking about, Gnashes. I'm not trying to argue on how much I know about Asylum logs. And I'm not expecting you guys to fix everything just by looking at the logs. That's why I used the words probablyI don't think and also on my last post. If I was expecting you to fix anything by looking at the logs, I wouldn't have written a bunch of information, would I? Instead, you chose to stick on the 'logging' part of my post, which is the less important at all.

The thing is: server stability is something important for any game or website (that's relevant to either make people leave or stay), and you seem to know that better than me, right? But if you guys really don't need any help or any hints from players who daily play at Asylum, then I guess the problem should have been solved by now.

And, no, I'm not that stupid about logs. Logs are not that stupid or self-explanatory as well. I've had small/medium server experiences with Arma in the past, but I was trying to simplify my words. One thing I know for sure is that Arma logs are usually filled with hour, minutes and seconds. Now I don't know if any logs state the number of players a server has, but if they do, then it's not hard to compare kicking time with number of players at that time, is it?

Edited by BlackShot
Haych, Mr. Linux, Phil. and 2 others like this
2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

It annoys me when people's response to something not happening as quickly as they'd like is "you have logs; use them".

Yes; because we've been trying to figure it out with an ouija.

It annoys me when you think you know what you're talking about, but you don't. "DDOS fault for mass kicks!", now its "arma's fault for mass kicks!". Yet you're literally the only server with them. How about you find that code that mem leaks and fix it? O wait, you can't, cause you have no power over it nor knowledge, and I'm not saying that I have the knowledge, but at least I'm not blaming something else.

Edited by Pentax
Monster, Haych, Feenix and 4 others like this

Let's not go back and forth here.  There is definitely a memory leak in Arma's server (at least to the best of my knowledge).  We are working on how we can try to get around that, but as a life server we keep lots of variables in memory (unlike other game modes) so we have to figure out how to flush that server side adequately.  

We are trying a new malloc on at least 1 server today, so we'll see if that does anything for us.  I'm also (more aggressively) monitoring the server performance to try to map server FPS, memory, and bandwidth into the same report that logs the BE kicks.  Again, we're looking at all angles here.  

Unfortunately we can't try something and see right away since this is typically (I believe) affected by high population over time before a hard reset happens.  

1 minute ago, bamf said:

Let's not go back and forth here.  There is definitely a memory leak in Arma's server (at least to the best of my knowledge).  We are working on how we can try to get around that, but as a life server we keep lots of variables in memory (unlike other game modes) so we have to figure out how to flush that server side adequately.  

We are trying a new malloc on at least 1 server today, so we'll see if that does anything for us.  I'm also (more aggressively) monitoring the server performance to try to map server FPS, memory, and bandwidth into the same report that logs the BE kicks.  Again, we're looking at all angles here.  

Unfortunately we can't try something and see right away since this is typically (I believe) affected by high population over time before a hard reset happens.  

thanks, for trying your best to fix it! :)

BlackShot and Phil. like this
6 hours ago, bamf said:

A respectful, non-sarcastic or opinionated response and people reply with respect instead of hounding you. It's a wonder what being polite and understanding can do. 

Thank you. Some say my heart grew 3 sizes today. 

Edited by Legit
BlackShot, Sandwich, Eric916 and 1 other like this