Change log 7.9.0

bamf

Just now, Furnie Mack said:

In true legit Asylum fashion there is a start of a good thing (rap sheets) but a few complain so it'll be scrapped before we know it. :shrug:

Nope. Bamf and Paratus have a vision.

Just wait; you'll love it.

8 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Nope. Bamf and Paratus have a vision.

Just wait; you'll love it.

Interested to see how this affects the meta of asylum. I see many possible uses from officers having this information as it should be something that police should have access to and I am happy to see it arrive.  

9 hours ago, BlackShot said:

System the way it is:

I actually think it's gonna make things easier. As APD officers know, we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd offenses for each charge. It's extremely hard to know or to memorize how many times a person has committed that crime within the server restart, for example.

With this patch it will be easier, as now we can check how often a person has committed the same crime within the past 24 hours. More serious charges, like harassment, should be the only ones valid for the 1 week history.

All that being said, I think we can take a positive image out of the new system. If the straight to jail policy raises, it either will make players see criminality in a different way or it will make the prison break feature more used.

I see what you're saying here but those 2nd and 3rd offenses were not written with a charge history in mind that cops could reference at any time.  It was written for essentially if a civilian commits a crime 3 times within a short period of time in front of you.  

3rd offense of discharge within a city is jail primarily because it gave the APD a way to subdue those Kavala pistol bangers who repeatedly are shooting in cities, giving the cops a hard time and posing a threat to civilians, several times within an hour or so.  It was not meant to punish the BH who might do it 3 times in one week.  3rd offense of noise disturbance and insurance fraud are also jail.  If cops start adding those charges now, there are going to be a lot more suspects sent straight to jail.  (I honestly can't remember the last time I made use of a 3rd offense of anything.)  

On a side note, I didn't read @eleec's comment as sarcastic.  It's true.  The APD will have to adapt.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 hour ago, Furnie Mack said:

In true legit Asylum fashion there is a start of a good thing (rap sheets) but a few complain so it'll be scrapped before we know it. :shrug:

Nobody is asking for it to be scrapped.  Just right now it is saving your past charges too long and that's going to lead to robocopping.  If it saved it for only a restart or two, it would be much more fair and accurate as to what the player was actually doing.

Furnie Mack likes this
10 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

An issue was when rebels would start a fed with enough cops online, the cops would then log out/soft log to lobby so the rebels couldn't pick up the gold bars. Now regardless if they log out after the fed has been started, you can still pick up the gold bars. 

Tenacity ran into issues with cops dying and going to debug, there was a reason for this stopping the fed, but probably shouldn't mention it on the forums. :P

13 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Nobody is asking for it to be scrapped.  Just right now it is saving your past charges too long and that's going to lead to robocopping.  If it saved it for only a restart or two, it would be much more fair and accurate as to what the player was actually doing.

It's not being added as a means for cops to be harsher on people for their current charges based on prior history.

As Bamf said; if the APD starts to robocop too much, we'll step in and do something to change it. I'd recommend just waiting until they reveal the rest of their plans for this whole system first.

10 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

It's not being added as a means for cops to be harsher on people for their current charges based on prior history.

As Bamf said; if the APD starts to robocop too much, we'll step in and do something to change it. I'd recommend just waiting until they reveal the rest of their plans for this whole system first.

Nah I am not accusing you guys of that, it's just there is a major possibility that more robocopping is going to happen.  But i'll wait and see what happens, if people are getting robocopped left and right, I do think you guys would make adjustments.  I just wanted to voice my concern 

ColtonB205 and Furnie Mack like this
1 hour ago, ₴avagє said:

Am I the only one that would prefer a new GUI before more content like this? 

I'm taking donations to invest the time in the AIDSfest that is Arma UI's.

53 minutes ago, Boris said:

" Anyone within a gang may access the Turf Clothing Shop and Turf Market. The Turf Market has been adjusted slightly accordingly "

So people within a gang with a bounty hunter license will be able to purchase things there?

"Anyone"; yes.

14 hours ago, massi said:

robocopping counts as fail RP and you are subject to up to 3 points

You clearly have no idea what robocopping and fail RP is. Just because you got a full ticket, it doesn't make it FAIL RP, as long as the cop was fully within RP of the whole procedure, that means he was RP'ing, which is NOT fail rp. :fail:

Just now, Boris said:

And just to double verify, because i'm buying a house based on this:

Regardless of who owns the turf, I can access the vehicle garage and the clothing/market now?

Your gang must own the turf.

13 minutes ago, Pentax said:

You clearly have no idea what robocopping and fail RP is. Just because you got a full ticket, it doesn't make it FAIL RP, as long as the cop was fully within RP of the whole procedure, that means he was RP'ing, which is NOT fail rp. :fail:

if you RP and you get a full ticket, chances are you got robocopped

Edited by massi
35 minutes ago, massi said:

if you RP and you get a full ticket, chances are you got robocopped

Not necessarily true.

7 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Or your rp sucks!

^

5 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Or simply I'm tired of "my family was kidnapped and I was forced to do it", or "it was self defense". No, that's not how it works.

Come up with something outlandish.  This is a great chance for you to practice just making stuff up.  Make it somewhat believable though for the best results.  

One thing I've learned in life is that the best lies have an element of truth to them.  Try using that philosophy in game...

Le Razoir likes this