UAV / Drone's on Cops

Hello everyone,

i would like to give my opinion on this matter, and i hope others share this opinion.

Why do cops have UAV's/Drones(or whatever u like to call them) this surely makes the gameplay more stale in my opinion, because using camouflage or a good bush won't help you because they have thermal vision, wich only allows for you to hide in buildings, so all cops have to do is sweep all buildings in the area (wich they know u are because it gives them a general direction circle when your wanted) and they have an almost 100% chance of catching u when u hide. Wich in my opinion is very dumb, Shooting and running are fun also, but the options should be shooting,running. hiding. I hope u guys remove them from the game.
this thread is probably gonna make some people say : Yeah its realism. But if thats the case, than surely there should be a option for me to get thermal in some way as a rich criminal.

I liked the server way more when there was no drones.

Post opinions please :)

Drones are vary rarely used for a couple of reasons. 1 its is only available to sgt+. 2. They are not the most stable platform, a lot of the time you put your drone out and it just disappears after giving it a command, or it just flies in circles for no reason. 3. If you are in thick brush/under trees the UAV thermals typically do not pick up your heat signature so it is possible to avoid detection. 

4 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Who uses drones? Lol

a little while back they used to put em over watching the Bank on tanoa before they moved it and I seen one recently watching the prison but I went to donor got a rook came back and shot it down, Also @Livingshade Ghillie suits reduce thermal detection and wearing a stealth balaclava helps because it doesn't pick up on thermal imaging so if you wear those 2 things no drone will see you unless you fire your gun 

Edited by Brendon Smith
On 12/10/2016 at 4:09 PM, Berus said:

i have never seen a drone being used in this server, not one time

When used correctly, you shouldn't know they are there.  Only 200-250 m in the air means that you can't hear them and it's also nearly impossible to see them without using binoculars or a scope.  Even with a scope, you'd have to know where to look or you'd be scanning the entire sky for something that's the size of a bit of dust stuck on your computer monitor.

On 12/10/2016 at 1:40 PM, Livingshade said:

I liked the server way more when there was no drones.

Drones have been available on Asylum for as long as I can remember, so that would be at least 2 years.  Higher ups just don't use them often (either because they don't know how to or it's too much time/effort to set them up) and even when we do use them, I'd say about 1 out of every 50 engagements do the rebels even figure out that we were using a drone to begin with if we don't straight up tell them.  When used properly, the rebels shouldn't know that we are using it.  ; )

5 hours ago, Olivia said:

When used correctly, you shouldn't know they are there.  Only 200-250 m in the air means that you can't hear them and it's also nearly impossible to see them without using binoculars or a scope.  Even with a scope, you'd have to know where to look or you'd be scanning the entire sky for something that's the size of a bit of dust stuck on your computer monitor.

Drones have been available on Asylum for as long as I can remember, so that would be at least 2 years.  Higher ups just don't use them often (either because they don't know how to or it's too much time/effort to set them up) and even when we do use them, I'd say about 1 out of every 50 engagements do the rebels even figure out that we were using a drone to begin with if we don't straight up tell them.  When used properly, the rebels shouldn't know that we are using it.  ; )

Remember when we just flew an orca into your drone? Rip 

Olivia likes this

Its very rare i see any Sgt's or LT's use drones,Not even during banks or feds,so i do not think they are over powered or a need to remove them,as has been said with a Ghillie Suit on if you lay down in reeds,bushes etc your heat signature is almost impossible to see unless you move.

We are the APD,we don't need drones to find you ,Eventually we will get you,its what we do. :)

Edited by James.Anderson
18 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

Remember when we just flew an orca into your drone? Rip 

Hahaha YES!!  I have to see if I have that video somewhere...  

I got a text saying "We found your drone at bank", but I didn't believe you guys.  So I look into the drone's camera, look around a couple times and think "Hmm... I can hear an Orca but I can't seem to find where th..." And for a split second I see the Orca flying straight into my face.  Then get disconnected from my drone.  :kappa:  Flawless timing.

On 12/12/2016 at 0:11 PM, Olivia said:

Ohhh boy yes they have been around for more than 2 years and if i remember correctly they used to be armed with downing rounds. God damn hypanius always downing people with it when he was a sgt.

54 minutes ago, Reapered said:

Ohhh boy yes they have been around for more than 2 years and if i remember correctly they used to be armed with downing rounds. God damn hypanius always downing people with it when he was a sgt.

Um... No. I don't remember them ever having weapons. Only thing I saw HyperDong ever doing was P07 montages. 

59 minutes ago, Reapered said:

We are talking about atleast around august 2014. Might be thinking of a different server but i just remember hypanius using it alot

Been playing since Apri/May/June 2014 never seen anything like that. I did see people riding drones though. 

:shrug: