Wondering what this server is like

2 hours ago, ReaLadge said:

I just came from Grand Theft Arma which is my favourite life server so far that has alot of role play and strict rules. I heard that this server has alot of rdm and I was wondering what your opinions are on the server.

I played Grand Theft Arma aswell. Like the RP but Asylum is better since you get to meet retarded people like @william. :kappa:

Nah. This server is minimum RP. I have been on Asylum for a very long time and I still enjoy it today. Also made a lot of friends and met a lot of amazing people. :)

Edited by NotSoNutty

Basically if RP is what you are strictly looking for, than this will not be the server for you. There are some great moments of RP here and there, but what sets this server apart from the others is that the player-base is probably the most skilled at the game. What I mean by that is Asylum more than likely has the best shooters, tactical gameplay, pilots, and drivers across all the servers. Which in turn created the birth of montage videos over RP videos. 

Another thing that this server can give you is comradery and rivalry among the community. Rarely do you find anyone who doesn't have a group of friends who play together and enjoy the same thing in the mod. 

The thing that my friends and I enjoy about this server is the chaos. It is light RP. You can find RP, and make RP, but there is PLENTY of action, chaos, and combat to get involved in as well.

Admittedly, we purposefully don't get involved in the cartel combat that gangs seem to focus on here, we focus on petty crime, being silly ,and interacting with people in funny ways.

From the time we spent in some rando gang (that imploded due to leader freaking out like 3 days after we joined looking at you Falcon ;) ) we learned that it seems most of the "big" gangs are mostly into cartel fighting.

cornlips likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Falcon said:

I would like to explain the "freaking out" part. Flaming shadow or now Flaming destroyed my gang twice before, the last time I kicked him from my gang because he refused to listen to anything I told him or even get on when we needed him. He took another one of my members and destroyed everything in the gang house. All my members got disgusted and quit. I went to another gang Duplicity which was changed to Toxicity..he followed me there and begged to be let in. They let him in and of course after they found out what he did, the leader Vortex put him as guest because he didn't want to take the chance of him doing the same thing to them. Toxicity then disbanded and I started Phoenix again. Flame found out that I had a lot of members and we were doing good so he then again begged me to let him join the gang. So I gave him another chance. A couple of days was all it took before he started his crap again. So I decided to kick him from the gang before he caused more trouble and destroyed Phoenix again. He begged me to wait until a couple of the other gang member came on so they could vouch for him after he started trouble with one of my members by accusing them of heading to the gang house to destroy everything when in fact he was not. He was supposed to let me know when they got on and a friend of mine messaged me and asked me who the people were on the old teamspeak and of course it was flame. He purposely sent them to the old ts instead of the current one so that he could talk to them himself. I do not know what he told them, but was told that if I kicked him out then they would leave the gang. About this time I had pretty much had it with being syphoned by flame and wanted to know if I could trust the people I recruited...so I decided to do a test and told flame and the other members that were on that I would let him lead his own group and I would take the others and we would see who the better leader was. I played asylum by myself for over an hour and came back to teamspeak and everyone that was on was in his group and not mine. So I kicked everyone from the ts and took them out of the gang. I went back to the old ts and told flame congratulations he destroyed my gang again. I don't know what he said to everyone but I had it. I wasn't about to keep those who just showed me they couldn't be loyal.

still makes me cry

On 12/14/2016 at 10:12 AM, James Gang said:

Admittedly, we purposefully don't get involved in the cartel combat that gangs seem to focus on here, we focus on petty crime, being silly ,and interacting with people in funny ways.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. People come to Asylum for many different gameplay experiences, none of which are right or wrong.

FudgeR and Revenant like this
On 12/14/2016 at 4:04 AM, ReaLadge said:

I just came from Grand Theft Arma which is my favourite life server so far that has alot of role play and strict rules. I heard that this server has alot of rdm and I was wondering what your opinions are on the server.

Asylum is honestly pretty shit... Its bad for RP and bad for PvP, theres many other servers that do what asylum does better. With that said, Asylum is that weird autistic sort of charm to it that makes it worth playing.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:14 PM, Tiefman said:

Asylum is honestly pretty shit... Its bad for RP and bad for PvP, theres many other servers that do what asylum does better. With that said, Asylum is that weird autistic sort of charm to it that makes it worth playing.

Have you possibly considered that you're both bad at rp and pvp? I've seriously done both, and i've gotten a lot of roleplay on this and i've got some of the best pvp memories on here. I have been doing illegal shit on my time here, getting bounties up to 40-50k and I haven't paid above 10k for a ticket once, simply by roleplaying and not being a whiny bitch. 

love you sincerely, 

juice