Let's talk about the BE kicks

bamf

22 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

No doubt it has been talked about before, but what about reducing player slots, That should help right ?

Not something that will be done. (not that it would help much anyway. It's not capacity, it's throughput that's the issue)

4 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

Was playing on a German server before, very well developed, 230+ Players, In game VON was amazing, no kicks or lag :frog:... confused how Asylum can't manage such things :mellow:

I am in contact with them. And they have BE kicks same as we do. Only difference is they having it on early EU times. So its really weird as we Asylum and them are trying to figure out what it could be (even tho we are both pretty sure its because of mem leaks) 

2 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

64-bit Asylum Servers coming soon then? :pogchamp::D

@bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

64-bit servers will come once the executables have been tested.  There is a touch more to it than that though:  

• All DLLs need to be upgraded to 64-bit and tested (A2N and extDB for database connectivity)
  • Memory allocator upgraded to 64-bit
  • etc

It's somewhat straight forward, but we want to make sure the other bits are working as well.  Now that the 64-bit server is actually available though, I'll start talking to Paratus about these pieces and perhaps we can get something up to test!

James Anderson and Steve like this
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

64-bit servers will come once the executables have been tested.  There is a touch more to it than that though:  

• All DLLs need to be upgraded to 64-bit and tested (A2N and extDB for database connectivity)
  • Memory allocator upgraded to 64-bit
  • etc

It's somewhat straight forward, but we want to make sure the other bits are working as well.  Now that the 64-bit server is actually available though, I'll start talking to Paratus about these pieces and perhaps we can get something up to test!

Sounds good :)

• 2 months later...

@Gnashes@bamf Bamf described in the mainpost how battle eye kicks would start to happen because arma goes past 3GB and starts desyncing the game and then battle eye starts to kick. 64 bit was something that influences how the memory gets used ect so it might've helped/fixed our problems.

This has been monitored by bamf before, i wonder are there any monitoring results after using 64 bit?

Is there anything currently happening on your end or are we waiting for a bohemia fix? I think the community is upset and whiny and will only stay this way untill they're propperly informed and people can refer to that information on the forums.

FudgeR and BlackShot like this

It seems like on server 4 once the player count gets above 80-90 the server severely lags then does its kick every 15-30 minutes while the player count is this high. Also while this is happening my fps continues to decrease from 70-100 to around the 20 range. Could there be some kind of script that is constantly running when the player count reaches that possibly spawning something in or continuously running to cause the decrease in fps? 

jeans and FudgeR like this
3 hours ago, Tusken Raider said:

It seems like on server 4 once the player count gets above 80-90 the server severely lags then does its kick every 15-30 minutes while the player count is this high. Also while this is happening my fps continues to decrease from 70-100 to around the 20 range. Could there be some kind of script that is constantly running when the player count reaches that possibly spawning something in or continuously running to cause the decrease in fps? 

Anything with player data seems to make sense if what you say is actually the case

Houses, Crates, Bounty System, Garage Counts, Prestige Counts, War kill Counts, the data goes on and on though some more obviously heavy in weight then others

FudgeR, Steve, Scott and 1 other like this
  • 2 months later...
Just now, bamf said:

Feel free to follow this ticket.  There are multiple communities that have tried many, many things (like us) but still have these kicks.  The Arma 3 twitter account has said they are looking into this (according to one poster in the bug), so let's keep the pressure on them.  

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124802

If this gets fixed and gang life returns asylum will be great again 

• 1 month later...

Bohemia has posted a minor update to the above ticket in response to a tweet sent to another community

we are looking into the issue together with BE developers, searching for a suitable solution

At least they seem to be open to the possibility it's a BE issue at this point.

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2016 at 1:26 AM, Mr Smirnoff said:

Oh I see servers sitting at around 2gb ram all the time pretty much. 

On 12/15/2016 at 1:07 AM, Mr Smirnoff said:

@bamf so lets say you have an unlimited budget and can get the best server possible would that help this in any way? If you get the server with the most ram possible and best CPU would performance improve or its not going to make a difference? 

Was just reading through the forums and I wonder now since the 64bit update would a server with better hardware be beneficial to the kicks? Worth a thought imo.

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Was just reading through the forums and I wonder now since the 64bit update would a server with better hardware be beneficial to the kicks? Worth a thought imo.

Nope, BIS has admitted it's code on their end that they need to actually fix.  Low level networking code though, so they are being really cautious about the fix.  

I guess it wasn't us after all right?

Just now, bamf said:

Nope, BIS has admitted it's code on their end that they need to actually fix.  Low level networking code though, so they are being really cautious about the fix.  

I guess it wasn't us after all right?

Nice try! You probably paid them off to say that with all the money we spend on crates/keys!

(The blaming won't stop, trust me haha)

Kettles and Heidelberg like this
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, Azeh said:

Then of course it's Asylum's issue, but it won't happen. If it was a simple fix then it would've been solved already. Communities (Asylum included) have tried countless of things to fix it to no avail, and it's ignorant to think otherwise. Despite Bohemia's meme-worthy bugs and so on, they're not incompetent either. It doesn't help that the issue is fairly limited to some servers, but from what I know it happens on Life servers, KotH and Wasteland. The fact that the kicks started happening at different times for each community doesn't help anyone pinpoint the issue. We can't claim Asylum's kicks are vastly worse than other servers when none of us play frequently on other affected servers. To quote from another Life server some months ago:
"I got randomly kicked 4 times in under an hour today, which is significantly more than the normal once or twice every four hours."
"But as a roleplay community how can we role play when there is an average of 1 kick every 30 minutes."

the technology just isnt there yet.

william likes this