Change log 7.9.1

bamf

Just now, Allstarplaya said:

Ways to Improve Tanao's Quality of Life Issues......

@bamf, @Gnashes, @Paratus @speed  bank needs to be re-made/cartel locations need to be tweaked a little and bridges need to be added that connect Linjihaven to Katkoula and West Rebel island to Georgetown. Furthermore more housing needs to be made available on the island for people to buy (I.E. Mansion Houses and 3 Story Apartment Structures). Finally West Rebel and East Rebel need to be fortified more so gangs have easier time gearing up and move the location of South East Rebel to North of Georgetown (equipped with a rebel boat spawn and doner town like town for gangs fighting cartels to spawn at and get back to fight somewhat fast.) Also give the ability for cops and civs to purchase armored vehicles either being hunters/ifrits/striders. (If possible since the island is made up of 50% water maybe add the option for rebels to buy the 50cal boat could add a new dimension to cartel fights on the server)

P.S. Also if possible add some sort of federal reserve to the island that could make it more enticing for cops and other gangs to play there for a change of scenery, and make processing coke take another step like meth has 2 steps or move coke processing to another island so longer time to transport the coca paste. However take away the need for processed sugar for rum, make it so it only takes sugarcane to add more viable ways to make money on the server.

@Jbdragon, @Hubschrauber, @Olio, @Volunteer281

The .50 cal boat would allow serious fun times IMO, and I play there daily.  Also if you were to add a fed where wouls you put it?  There are only a few good spots on tanoa.  Also please move bank its fucking cancer, i can 1v13 a bank on there.  Its ridiculois.

I have prood its that easy, video exists :)

7 minutes ago, bamf said:

I'm looking into the bridge thing.  One of the recent spotreps talked about using assets that are not in the editor via script now (such as bridges) - I just need to find that again.  

As for adding more viable ways to make money, to me the biggest issue the server has is that everyone seems to have grouped together to make money making too easy.  When gangs band together to keep danger away from the high end money making items (like cocaine on S5 - and meth on Stratis before that), then we are forced to make changes to the way things play on those servers to try to strike some balance.  

@Gnashes I know that coke is a problem currently on server 5 but if you add another processing step to it or move the location of the processor to a further unused island it will make it more risky for money hungry drug runners. Also if you increase the quality of life on server since it is the most stable currently of the 5 asylum servers and make cartel fight more exciting and interesting more gangs would come over and challenge the community gang for ownership of cartels and etc. 

Although if you take something from coke you have to give something to somewhere else, otherwise people are just going to bitch about it and not come back and play the server. So my solution to this is just move coke processor add a second processing bar and then make it so you need sugarcane and not sugar for rum.

Edited by Allstarplaya
asiuxjau likes this
5 minutes ago, Allstarplaya said:

@Gnashes I know that coke is a problem currently on server 5 but if you add another processing step to it or move the location of the processor to a further unused island it will make it more risky for money hungry drug runners. Also if you increase the quality of life on server since it is the most stable currently of the 5 asylum servers and make cartel fight more exciting and interesting more gangs would come over and challenge the community gang for ownership of cartels and etc. 

Although if you take something from coke you have to give something to somewhere else, otherwise people are just going to bitch about it and not come back and play the server. So my solution to this is just move coke processor add a second processing bar and then make it so you need sugarcane and not sugar for rum.

+1 Larger distance travelling (Pit -> Processor)  and more time processing balances out the large payout coke gives.

2 hours ago, bamf said:

I'm looking into the bridge thing.  One of the recent spotreps talked about using assets that are not in the editor via script now (such as bridges) - I just need to find that again.  

As for adding more viable ways to make money, to me the biggest issue the server has is that everyone seems to have grouped together to make money making too easy.  When gangs band together to keep danger away from the high end money making items (like cocaine on S5 - and meth on Stratis before that), then we are forced to make changes to the way things play on those servers to try to strike some balance.  

Money making is so easy though.. i don't know what people have problems with.

I make orca's to chop, cap cartels with just an sdar, run meth so much in small vehicles, do scotch sometimes, i could cap rodo and do heroin, run cocaine and store it in a house to make mks with arms, do drugrunner missions, play cop or BH when theres few competition. Man so much things makes good money!

If you tried your best with a small group of friends i'm sure you can make 2 mil in a day per person.

People are just lazy and waste more than they can earn. I know you and some admins are great money makers too in the most innocent ways, no rocket science.

Edited by Midamaru
5 hours ago, Davis said:

The .50 cal boat would allow serious fun times IMO, and I play there daily.  Also if you were to add a fed where wouls you put it?  There are only a few good spots on tanoa.  Also please move bank its fucking cancer, i can 1v13 a bank on there.  Its ridiculois.

I have prood its that easy, video exists :)

Well mr. Kitui it was actually a 3v13 *cough me and Grizz did all the work cough*

7 hours ago, bamf said:

We solved that, the 'Turtle Hunters' gang no longer exists and I made a new one which cut it to <30 players

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

lol But some people think cop payouts need buffed :P

In reality cop payouts need to be nerfed, while also reducing the cost of everything on cop to balance it out. This will reduce people playing cop for money and being dicks, but won't fuck up the fact that things will be expensive, you'd still be able to afford things as everything will be globally cheaper. It will just reduce the type of people that come on to robocop, camp donor, borderline follow guidelines, minimum RP just for money that they can then later spend/sell when they play rebel.

Edited by Haych
Steve and bigjohn561 like this

So, over the past few days, I've been enticed by the amount of money you make with drug runner and have been putting alot of effort into becoming the best pilot in the field of planes...let's just say, if I don't have the money within the next few days, a bunch of men with metal bats are gonna break my knee caps and snap each and every one of my fingers...

8e1f2e51567e8b9e220ef5adfbeb12fa.png

Edited by Flameless
2 hours ago, Haych said:

In reality cop payouts need to be nerfed, while also reducing the cost of everything on cop to balance it out. This will reduce people playing cop for money and being dicks, but won't fuck up the fact that things will be expensive, you'd still be able to afford things as everything will be globally cheaper. It will just reduce the type of people that come on to robocop, camp donor, borderline follow guidelines, minimum RP just for money that they can then later spend/sell when they play rebel.

+1 playing cop is all bout rp so I DON'T see why this can't work.. Lower priced gear and lower payouts then people will play cop for the rp instead of the $$$

Haych likes this
27 minutes ago, bamf said:

Doing a quick server side only patch.  The only thing I'm doing here is setting the servers up to hard restart 1 server cycle sooner for the weekend.  Hopefully this will help with the memory leak.  

Can't you make new patch notes and get everyone hyped?

Btw steam is getting DDOSed just thought i should let you know.

https://gyazo.com/d60d0a9815fce2531a65d0e406ed25b2

On 12/23/2016 at 1:21 PM, bamf said:

Doing a quick server side only patch.  The only thing I'm doing here is setting the servers up to hard restart 1 server cycle sooner for the weekend.  Hopefully this will help with the memory leak.  

Only a single mass kick since we implemented this change. Just wanted to let everyone know...

Crossfade, Feenix, BlackShot and 1 other like this