Change log 7.9.1

bamf

13 hours ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

I would totally love to load lethals. But then I have to deal with an entire gang of tanoa players harassing me later, texting me over and over non-stop, telling me I'm going to be reported, I misused lethals, frankly, I know that they are wrong. But I really don't want to deal with a bunch of kids spamming me with messages and threats of reports.

I've run into the same situation multiple times and I've found that a bit of roleplay goes a long way. I'm not saying that you don't RP because I know you do (one of the best), but I have been dealing with some REALLY salty off-duty cops lately and they question every single thing - even well known guidebook rules. Sometimes I think they're doing it purposefully to add confusion to the situation in order to get the upper hand. But I digress.

Whenever lethals become necessary I give them an ultimatum and that usually prevents the post-lethal waterworks. 

Heck I even did it at the bank once. Granted they didn't get off the roof like I told them to, but nobody messaged me after the fact to complain. 

55 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

That's almost certainly what they are doing. If you're confident you haven't broken any guidelines, just proceed w/processing w/in the RP.

My opinion is that any actionable event from the APD should only be upheld provided the player reporting didn't say a word of "You did this wrong I'm reporting you".

But that's just me. :shrug:

On 1/7/2017 at 2:05 PM, bamf said:

(assuming we can get some cops other than the admin team to play there).  

I got flamed so hard last time I went to play cop on S5. I just couldn't take all of the threats of "reporting me" and "hitting me offline". The rebels truely scare me there and I will most likely not go back as a cop. 

37 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

can we get a what to do when u get a memleak?

being punished for it shouldnt fall on you since its a BOHEIMA thing they have to fix

No you are being punished for having a "mem leak" for over 10 minutes and then leaving when a fight starts near you. It not crashing, you just leaving

Just now, Gnashes said:

>Desktop Recording

>Instant Replay

Desktop Recording: Requires you to download another software which wouldn't work, as for 98% of memleaks it causes you to get a blackscreen and you're forced to restart computer

Instant replay:

8 minutes ago, Eazy said:

yeah hold up, let me just press alt z on a game that isnt responding to get a recording of me memleaking. You realise its practically impossible?

Squirtle likes this
1 minute ago, Eazy said:

Desktop Recording: Requires you to download another software which wouldn't work, as for 98% of memleaks it causes you to get a blackscreen and you're forced to restart computer

Instant replay:

To solve a memeleak instantly all you need to do is shift tab and right click someone's steam profile ingame and view it and it'll go away in like 2 seconds

Just now, Gnashes said:

Shadowplay with Desktop Capture turned on will "shadow" record both the desktop, and the game you opened unless nVidia went full retard with the last update to Geforce experience.

1) Desktop Capture shits on your FPS

2) I get memleaks alot more often with it on

3) It won't save if you are forced to restart computer

4) Nvidia always go full retard with updates

5) Not everyone has the ability to record with shadowplay

6)Alternatives such as playsTV and OBS are shit (Also wont work if you are forced to restart computer)

Just now, signal said:

To solve a memeleak instantly all you need to do is shift tab and right click someone's steam profile ingame and view it and it'll go away in like 2 seconds

Right okay, maybe you can't read or something but let me copy and paste this real quick for you

yeah hold up, let me just press alt z on a game that isnt responding to get a recording of me memleaking. You realise its practically impossible?

Hopefully that helped.

Google™ likes this
Just now, Eazy said:

Right okay, maybe you can't read or something but let me copy and paste this real quick for you

Hopefully that helped.

Sure, but to press alt and f10 your game doesn't even need to be responding

30 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Works fine for me every single time I memleak. In fact you can terminate the game and then shadow play the last 10-20 minutes and it even shows when the memleak starts. Desktop recording has no impact on performance from my experience.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Sandwich likes this
10 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Works fine for me every single time I memleak. In fact you can terminate the game and then shadow play the last 10-20 minutes and it even shows when the memleak starts. Desktop recording has no impact on performance from my experience.

He can't use task manager or cmd to close a frozen app apparently 

34 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

for myself and others, memleaks can lead to a blackscreen were you are forced to restart your computer. Alt Tab does nothing, CRTL Alt Del does nothing, the only button that will do anything, is the off switch

Matthew and Squirtle like this
Just now, Eazy said:

for myself and others, memleaks can lead to a blackscreen were you are forced to restart your computer. Alt Tab does nothing, CRTL Alt Del does nothing, the only button that will do anything, is the off switch

Well in that case I don't have a solution for you - I guess just pray the 64 bit server + client are released sooner than later.

Google™ likes this
On 1/8/2017 at 10:32 AM, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

That's almost certainly what they are doing. If you're confident you haven't broken any guidelines, just proceed w/processing w/in the RP.

Exactly what Hanzo said. Cop is more about having confidence that you know what you are doing than anything else. If you don't rebels will just spit bullshit at you to confuse you. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Fudger said:

You can literally press your map and stay on it for likr 2 mins and mem leak will fix.

your dumb

Omg, its as if people don't comprehend english, let me put this the closest way to autism is

game no respond

that mean game no work

button on keyboard no work

and yes, that mean game crash

Matthew, Squirtle and asiuxjau like this
2 hours ago, Eazy said:

Omg, its as if people don't comprehend english, let me put this the closest way to autism is

game no respond

that mean game no work

button on keyboard no work

and yes, that mean game crash

A mem leak is not your game not responding. You can still play but you got like 2 fps

Deadly it is @Jimbo

Maybe some ppl don't have them as we do but my gosh. Jus imagine if the server is full on a Friday night and hard logging to fix the small memleak just to lose your spot and have to spam in is just nerve racking. 

Then if u don't hardlog, jus rolling on RNG to hope the small one doesnt come back and just shits on ur game is just not the right thing to do. And u can get punished for it.

Winkwink smilelyface.

JIMBO likes this
34 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

i rarely get them, but when i do. shadowplay is unresponsive, and am forced to task manager my game to get it to work again.

I get the same problem it sucks to because you have no idea whats going on in game...

I think now that people are getting punished for mem leaks we need to know what we should do to avoid getting banned 

Squirtle and ChicoXL like this
45 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

i rarely get them, but when i do. shadowplay is unresponsive, and am forced to task manager my game to get it to work again.

Yes, if you have a mem leak and open shadow play it's gonna go black screen or whatever but u can still like open steam overlay and "play" the game