Change log 7.9.1

bamf

The biggest change here is the ability to turn map markers on or off according to your needs.  Go to settings on your phone and click page 2.  

Other than that, here are the tweaks and changes in this patch:  

• Being flash banged no longer turns on your NVGs
  • UC APD officers can now feign picking drugs etc
  • UC APD Officers now have a few more items they may spawn with
  • The APD will no longer receive pings for criminals wanted for less than $500
  • Drug dealer pings now display the city name
  • Car alarms will now alert the APD at a slightly increased range
  • A second Skip Tracer base has been added near Kavala
  • The Kavala checkpoint has relocated slightly as a result
  • APD higher ups may no longer lock or unlock doors for player housing when that player is not online
  • Fixed an exploit of the federal reserve
  • Fixed an exploit related to prison breaks
  • Bounty Hunters can now purchase a license as long as they have less than $100 in charges
  • If you cancel an adrenaline shot, it should now return to your inventory as expected
  • Vehicles will now show the names of the players who are red to you, instead of everyone's name being red
  • Death now properly removes blindfolds
  • The cocaine field on Altis has relocated slightly
  • Sofia now has a dive shop
  • Turfs now have a separate drug dealer that is only usable by players of the gang that owns the turf.  Being within range of the drug dealer could result in your untimely demise.
  • Turf control areas have been slightly reduced in size
  • Using Skip Tracer honor talents now require you to actively be a Master Bounty Hunter
  • Several talents that should not stack have been fixed to function as they were designed
  • Police restrained players who have a gold bar in their inventory may now be placed into helicopters by an APD officer
  • Many, many other bug and performance enhancements have been applied.

Finally, we have made some changes that we hope (emphasis on hope) may help address the memory leak on the server side that I believe results in the BE kicks occurring.  Testing on dev looks somewhat promising, but we will see how it functions on live servers and adjust from there accordingly.  

Again, a big thanks to @Gnashes for his work on the patch!

P.S. - This will roll out for Altis right away, and for Tanoa once I make a few map changes there.  

Update:

The patch is rolling out on Tanoa, and there is one more change to mention.  The Nandai turf has been moved to the north a touch per multiple player's request.  

Hotfix 1:

• The Altis IT helpdesk found the charger for the Governor's laptop, so it now works again.
  • Ladders should work on the oil rig
  • The cocaine pit on Tanoa has been slightly adjusted to prevent an exploit
  • Undercover APD officers will no longer be able to feign picking inside a vehicle
  • APD bar gates have been reinforced.  Crash into them at your own perile
  • The new Skiptracer base on Altis should function as intended
  • The GoKart sign on Altis will once again work
  • Master Bounty Hunters now get honor and cash from their friend's arrests (bug fix)
  • The cartel progress bar has had it's priority reduced to allow other progress bars to come to the foreground (hopefully)
  • The APD can now seize items into evidence at Vagalala (you're welcome)
Matthew, Berus, Ron and 31 others like this
12 minutes ago, bamf said:

Finally, we have made some changes that we hope (emphasis on hope) may help address the memory leak on the server side that I believe results in the BE kicks occurring.  Testing on dev looks somewhat promising, but we will see how it functions on live servers and adjust from there accordingly.  

:pogchamp:

Just now, Jimbo said:

The prison is beyond help.

Not really, it's just different and the people doing the prison breaks have been exploiting it.  I think we've fixed that issue, so let's see how it plays out (from a mechanic standpoint).  

Even if we move it back somewhere else, the mechanic is here to stay.  We think it's a better mechanic to make it involved and not simple a push a mouse button then peak shoot cops for X minutes exercise. 

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

Not really, it's just different and the people doing the prison breaks have been exploiting it.  I think we've fixed that issue, so let's see how it plays out (from a mechanic standpoint).  

Even if we move it back somewhere else, the mechanic is here to stay.  We think it's a better mechanic to make it involved and not simple a push a mouse button then peak shoot cops for X minutes exercise. 

Overall, it's a good idea, it's just executed wrong, like alot of Asylums features.

I still can't do a PB with FPS higher than 10 when looking towards the prison..

A fix for the prison break exploit, if your current fix doesn't work: Make players unable to sprint whilst in jail/get into vehicles, this way they cannot exploit jump/escape illegitimately.

Edited by Jimbo
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

The mechanics are fine but the location is shit. No one wants to do a prison break because the FPS is horrible and with cops constantly coming back the build up of vehicles etc makes it 10 times worse.

7 minutes ago, bamf said:

Agreed, this new mechanic is an improvement over the way it used to be.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
7 minutes ago, bamf said:

Seans right. The location is horrible.  I don't see why you guys don't just put it back on prison island with a new look and a similar way of doing the new PB?

You guys obviously didn't move the prison because there was a long bridge connecting them or anything like that. Instead of using 40 concrete floors put it back on the island and give it a new look.

Haych likes this
Just now, W00bzy said:

Seans right. The location is horrible.  I don't see why you guys don't just put it back on prison island with a new look and a similar way of doing the new PB?

You guys obviously didn't move the prison because there was a long bridge connecting them or anything like that. Instead of using 40 concrete floors put it back on the island and give it a new look.

Use the old skiptracer base for prison with the same functions :)

ProjectGemini and Haych like this