Happy Holidays Everyone!

On 12/25/2016 at 2:35 AM, Boris said:

Celebrated Christmas already because family was out of country, girlfriend got me a GTX 1060, I am blessed. 

Happy Holidays all. 

My friend got the 1060 and he is only getting 25 frames on asylum. he has a 4.1ghz amd processor. any ideas why he is getting such poor frames?

14 minutes ago, Cukofuko said:

Your mate should of wished for a 7th gen processor instead of 1060 if he wanted to play asylum ;)

10 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

it's only at 3.5 it can be clocked to 4.1 apparently but it's not. It's the AMD FX 6300 3.5ghz and an Asus Dual GTX 1060.

Arma is pretty CPU bound.  Again though, it does matter what resolution he's playing as well.  Settings matter too...  I don't think we have enough information to tell you much at this point.  

I will say that when Paratus did his testing though, the FPS was pretty consistent in a blank mission vs. our server.  It's the addition of more players on top of the above that can hamper "good performance" in Arma.  

Ghouh likes this
17 minutes ago, bamf said:

Arma is pretty CPU bound.  Again though, it does matter what resolution he's playing as well.  Settings matter too...  I don't think we have enough information to tell you much at this point.  

I will say that when Paratus did his testing though, the FPS was pretty consistent in a blank mission vs. our server.  It's the addition of more players on top of the above that can hamper "good performance" in Arma.  

I forgot to tell you res my bad its 1920x1080 windowed cuz he has two monitors. my bad for not including that in my first response. I think it is mostly his CPU and yeah Asylum doesn't differ from other online servers for him

Sandwich likes this