Weapon crafting materials

Just now, Churu said:

You people complain too much, ffs, take 1-2 to fill your house so you dont need to spend as much money on gear. Everything is fine as it is.... @Gnashes this is working intended, correct?

I'm not complaining, hell I use a 6.5 99% of my civ life. I'm just adding my thoughts on the current status of the crafting. 

Also it takes some time to get a house filled up with enough load outs to last a few fights and you gotta weigh in the responding time it may be faster and crucial to win or loose to regear at a rebel and get back that 2-5 mins faster...

13 minutes ago, HotWings said:

No

Why not? People would actually craft them then. You would still need the arms dealer for the Ifrit and mk200. As I said earlier if no one is crafting guns perhaps there is something wrong with the system being used.

Edit: Add some reasoning please.

Edited by Steve
4 hours ago, Steve said:

Why not? People would actually craft them then. You would still need the arms dealer for the Ifrit and mk200. As I said earlier if no one is crafting guns perhaps there is something wrong with the system being used.

Edit: Add some reasoning please.

People are not crafting because they dont have to.  Then youre also taking away a reason to fight the cartel. It makes no sense.  It would be more beneficial to restrict all 762 to crafting only and not available at rebel at all.

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

People are not crafting because they dont have to.  Then youre also taking away a reason to fight the cartel. It makes no sense.  It would be more beneficial to restrict all 762 to crafting only and not available at rebel at all.

There's plenty of reason to fight arms.

1. It's the most balanced cap.

2. It's simply fun.

3. You get money from it.

4. You can craft ifrits.

5. it puts your name on the map.

6. You can craft/buy the mk200

On 12/24/2016 at 4:40 PM, Das Otter said:

A box truck + backpack can hold the materials required to make 4.8 mk1s, which would cost about 52k on a good day at rebel. A coke run in the same truck gives you more money, while taking way less time. So youre way better off making money other ways and buying the mk1s at rebel yourself. 

I propose we cut the materials required to make weapons as there is 0 incentive to craft them (barely anybody does) making weapons personally should yield more guns than you would be able to buy in the same time doing other altis money making techniques, as that is the whole point of crafting weapons.

And lets be real....1 coke for 1 magazine? Why even add that

Get good and run guns in Box truck / Mohawk with Panagia, 15 guns gg noob.  Jk jk I do agree it would be cool to see gun crafting yield more arms as I have quit gun crafting and would rather buy them.. Maybe I would go back to it if got more guns and ammo.  I also def agree with dreamC let us make Mk-1 and stuff like that too without Arms.  But at the end of the day all you plebs are doing is asking for the game to be easier.  So the dark side in me wants to say, cry more plebs cry more.

Edited by DJB
8 hours ago, HotWings said:

At the end of the day the game would just be ez mode if these changes were made.

I own a house at vehicle factory and run guns regular. the money i get is so sad i refuse to sell them and just give them out to my gang mates instead. Even with the perks from Panagia its not worth the time unless you have a house extremely close. MK1's would be a welcome addition with out cartel ownership. As of now the only guns worth making is the mk18 or 14. 8k for an ak12 is the most you will get per gun and at 25 cocaine per. It gets grindy fast.considering if you processed that same cocaine and lost a cut at the processes you still make more money. Some people make the argument that processing should make significantly more because of the risks at processor, but it seems to me when ever i have a failed coke run is almost ends at the field. + you can always hide your cat at the processor. there is no where to hide at the field... once the cops see your car they will tear the place apart looking for you and even if you manage to hide your car is going to get seized anyway. this is just a few thoughts.

I think if we had a new material to craft the weapons with like some sort of illegal iron... the crafting system would be separate and more people would think that it is worth it because you don't have the option to just get more money at the dealer. I understand it's a question of risk and It should be made so it's fairly risky. If it were to happen I think a lot more people would be crafting.

Also it would be nice a black market production in Tanoa

Edited by Herr Jordel
Adding a commentary
On 12/31/2016 at 10:17 PM, badbam said:

I own a house at vehicle factory and run guns regular. the money i get is so sad i refuse to sell them and just give them out to my gang mates instead. Even with the perks from Panagia its not worth the time unless you have a house extremely close. MK1's would be a welcome addition with out cartel ownership. As of now the only guns worth making is the mk18 or 14. 8k for an ak12 is the most you will get per gun and at 25 cocaine per. It gets grindy fast.considering if you processed that same cocaine and lost a cut at the processes you still make more money. Some people make the argument that processing should make significantly more because of the risks at processor, but it seems to me when ever i have a failed coke run is almost ends at the field. + you can always hide your cat at the processor. there is no where to hide at the field... once the cops see your car they will tear the place apart looking for you and even if you manage to hide your car is going to get seized anyway. this is just a few thoughts.

What is 25 cocaine worth processed and sold? 

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

So essentially you get around half what the coke is worth to sell it to the market?  Could maybe use a bit of a buff.

Yet, there is much less risk in filling up your house when you go to black market and fill up the trunk of your vehicle with crafted weapons.  You also have the added bonus of making guns cheaper for everyone else.  

I may look at the recipes though to tweak them a bit, but don't forget the intangible of having less overall risk (since Black Market is much less traveled than Rebel bases).

5 hours ago, bamf said:

Yet, there is much less risk in filling up your house when you go to black market and fill up the trunk of your vehicle with crafted weapons.  You also have the added bonus of making guns cheaper for everyone else.  

I may look at the recipes though to tweak them a bit, but don't forget the intangible of having less overall risk (since Black Market is much less traveled than Rebel bases).

It is much less risk (that seems to be everyone's main argument), But when you have to drop 150k or 120k to do it affectedly it becomes so not worth. + if you buy anything on the side of the map that close, it is the only thing you can do with it. at least if you get a coke house it could double as a scotch house.

The only way I could see getting people back into it is to lower crafting cost. raising the money you get would not work out will, or so i think.

12 hours ago, bamf said:

I agree there is less risk and therefore should not be worth the same as the processed coke.  I just also think it should be a bit higher than 50% of the value.  I obviously don't have the numbers, but I feel like crafting is under utilized, tweaking the recipes or payouts slightly could fix that.

I'm looking at this on dev now (using S1's database from 10 minutes ago), and this is what I get:  

I crafted an MK18 with 25 unprocessed cocaine and 4 uncut diamonds (which is the recipe for basically all 7.62 weapons).  I was paid $7,150 for selling the gun back to the market.  If I had processed the cocaine and sold it, then I would have been paid $10,550 (plus I could have technically processed then sold the 4 diamonds for $780 - bringing the total to $11,300).  For that sake of simplicity let's say it was 35% in reduced payout from just selling the items (market volatility etc coming into play here).  

I didn't have to go to cocaine processing and have a progress bar to convert cocaine to processed cocaine, and then have to go to a drug dealer to sell the cocaine, and finally have to get to an ATM to deposit my money (the Black Market deposits the money right away for you).  

So we have eliminated two additional areas in which the APD currently patrols, as well as the possibility of getting robbed with cash on you.  Does 35% seem too high for all of that?  That is an honest question...

Edit:  I get $8,000 for the AK-12, so that's a smaller cut than above.

Just now, bamf said:

I'm looking at this on dev now (using S1's database from 10 minutes ago), and this is what I get:  

I crafted an MK18 with 25 unprocessed cocaine and 4 uncut diamonds (which is the recipe for basically all 7.62 weapons).  I was paid $7,150 for selling the gun back to the market.  If I had processed the cocaine and sold it, then I would have been paid $10,550 (plus I could have technically processed then sold the 4 diamonds for $780 - bringing the total to $11,300).  For that sake of simplicity let's say it was 35% in reduced payout from just selling the items (market volatility etc coming into play here).  

I didn't have to go to cocaine processing and have a progress bar to convert cocaine to processed cocaine, and then have to go to a drug dealer to sell the cocaine, and finally have to get to an ATM to deposit my money (the Black Market deposits the money right away for you).  

So we have eliminated two additional areas in which the APD currently patrols, as well as the possibility of getting robbed with cash on you.  Does 35% seem too high for all of that?  That is an honest question...

With this community 1% seems too high for them.

7 minutes ago, bamf said:

No 35% does not seem too high based on what you have said, I think it is pretty reasonable given the risk vs reward. If anything bamf, I think legal weapon crafting needs a bit of a pay boost so more civs do it. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
15 hours ago, bamf said:

Sure, you have less risk but I don't see how making guns cheaper for everyone else is even a bonus, you are giving cheaper guns to people who are going to use them against you.  That's not something that is going to motivate me to go craft weapons for everyone else because nobody else wants to do it.  It not all about risk versus reward, it's about getting people to craft the weapons and that  the people doing it feeling like they are wasting their time.  If you don't want to adjust the payout then you should be adjusting the increased price of high demand, or even the rate at which weapons can be taxed. 

But if you are going to look at the recipes then change the AKM's crafting materials to be much more cheaper, especially cheaper than the AK-12  :D

21 minutes ago, bamf said:

Not at all.  Let me ask this tho, what would it be for a truck full of coke vs the amount of materials to make a truck full of guns?  Is it still going to be the same 35% or will it be skewed further due to weights?

So we are in agreement that the 35% hit for selling the guns at Black Market is ok then. Very few people have responded to my question about that. 

As for legal gun making, I'll take a peak at that as well. I think it's largely functioning well though. There was the vermin bug for a long time - but the money didn't change, just the fact that you needed refined salt. 

HotWings likes this
39 minutes ago, bamf said:

So we are in agreement that the 35% hit for selling the guns at Black Market is ok then. Very few people have responded to my question about that. 

As for legal gun making, I'll take a peak at that as well. I think it's largely functioning well though. There was the vermin bug for a long time - but the money didn't change, just the fact that you needed refined salt. 

I think 35% is good, I was under the impression it was 50%.

11 hours ago, CrossFade said:

@bamf since refined salt became a thing for vermins everyone stopped and only here and there someone would do it. 

Maybe a buff for firearms factory would be good.

i have no objections to black market 

however the turf could maybe affect the price too? Just a thought

What idea do you have for a buff? @CrossFade