Let's talk about Turfs

Turfs serve as a lesser cartel. They give discounts and other perks. But this is not a perfect system.

Turfs were designed to give smaller gangs something to fight over and in a CQC environment. But this is not what has been accomplished. Sure, there are gangs that focus on turfs over cartels, simply because they are easier to fight with small numbers. But the major issue is that it has turned into a real estate war; who can have the best houses. 

Currently, cartels have housing disabled within a set radius, to prevent housing being abused. I'd like to see the same things done to turfs that are red. If not every house in the radius, then at least the ones which have direct sight of the flag. Because currently it's just who can sit in a locked house for 15 minutes. 9/10 times I've been to a turf, I've been shot from a house. Maybe even put the flags in a building or some sort of cover so you are not able to be shot from houses which load no crates, 

Also. Buff Zaros, theres a reason the turf that is not sought after very much. It's perks are not near as good as the others. 

And remove the shading from the zones, it's fucking ugly. Change it to an outline like red zones. 

Vhantom, Eric916, Dally and 18 others like this
1 minute ago, Axe said:

Maybe even put the flags in a building or some sort of cover so you are not able to be shot from houses which load no crates, 

Disabling housing from turfs will anger a lot of people. I could see that working if there was a 5 minute heads up before the turf popped to allow people to spawn in their house and gear.

I like this idea, getting the flag out of the open. The main problem is people using houses to zerg the flag with multiple loadouts. Maybe just put a 2-5 minute cooldown on spawning at a specific location again. 

Dally and FudgeR like this
Just now, Legit said:

Disabling housing from turfs will anger a lot of people. I could see that working if there was a 5 minute heads up before the turf popped to allow people to spawn in their house and gear.

I like this idea, getting the flag out of the open. The main problem is people using houses to zerg the flag with multiple loadouts. Maybe just put a 2-5 minute cooldown on spawning at a specific location again. 

I mean, I guess, allow people to gear, but the house needs to be unlocked and crates removed when turf goes red, because I'm sick of these low tiers sitting in locked houses with rooks. 

Crossfade, Mahdizzle and Roice like this
Just now, Axe said:

I mean, I guess, allow people to gear, but the house needs to be unlocked and crates removed when turf goes red, because I'm sick of these low tiers sitting in locked houses with rooks. 

I think it's fair if you have a house there to be able to gear up at least once, but the house camping and zerg rushing is getting really annoying. In all honesty a cooldown on spawning at a house should have been added a long time ago.  @Gnashes

You know exactly why. @Monkeysz

Crossfade likes this
32 minutes ago, Mr. Fudger said:

Great idea but i'd go with the flag covered or something and only like a 2 min cooldown or something like that

The problem with putting the flags in bunkers or houses, is that people will just shove cars in the entrances and then it's even worse IMO. 

Its called get better. I used to rat rodo everytime it went up and our gang literally had the BEST rodo houses on s1 and we would still lose to prime or elysium plenty of times because they were just better than us. Now i dont even have a good rodo house on s3 but one person from void is enough to go 1v5 pistol bangers and cap rodo, so what house u have doesnt really matter, just dont get killed and have knowledge of the turf, because if you find the other people's turf house just shoot the crates out everytime you pull into the turf.

Edited by jwilly
Wildaw, bigjohn561 and Fruito like this
4 hours ago, jwilly said:

Its called get better. I used to rat rodo everytime it went up and our gang literally had the BEST rodo houses on s1 and we would still lose to prime or elysium plenty of times because they were just better than us. Now i dont even have a good rodo house on s3 but one person from void is enough to go 1v5 pistol bangers and cap rodo, so what house u have doesnt really matter, just dont get killed and have knowledge of the turf, because if you find the other people's turf house just shoot the crates out everytime you pull into the turf.

Honestly the worst excuse I've ever heard. I suppose you want me to stare at the map screen as well to ensure they don't relog? :frog: 

Legit, Haych and drex like this
On 1/2/2017 at 5:26 AM, Axe said:

Turfs serve as a lesser cartel. They give discounts and other perks. But this is not a perfect system.

Turfs were designed to give smaller gangs something to fight over and in a CQC environment. But this is not what has been accomplished. Sure, there are gangs that focus on turfs over cartels, simply because they are easier to fight with small numbers. But the major issue is that it has turned into a real estate war; who can have the best houses. 

Currently, cartels have housing disabled within a set radius, to prevent housing being abused. I'd like to see the same things done to turfs that are red. If not every house in the radius, then at least the ones which have direct sight of the flag. Because currently it's just who can sit in a locked house for 15 minutes. 9/10 times I've been to a turf, I've been shot from a house. Maybe even put the flags in a building or some sort of cover so you are not able to be shot from houses which load no crates, 

Also. Buff Zaros, theres a reason the turf that is not sought after very much. It's perks are not near as good as the others. 

And remove the shading from the zones, it's fucking ugly. Change it to an outline like red zones. 

If only your aim in csgo was as good as this suggestion :kappa: 

Eric916 and Professor Pericles like this
22 minutes ago, Bandit said:

How about you guys stop complaining? It's super easy to counter, just keep buying Suicide Vests and destroy all nearby houses each time the server restarts

Once again another absurd suggestion from someone who probably has one of these houses.

This is not what turfs were designed to be. They were designed to be CQC cartels, not housing wars. There is no housing for cartels which makes the cartel stupidly broken. Why disable the crates in cartel houses and not turf houses? What's the difference. 

If the intent was to allow smaller gangs/randos to cap turfs, how are you going to do that when you can't shoot through a house with your Katiba?

IMO cartel houses should have been left alone with the exception of a few choice houses. 

Pizdiet likes this
16 hours ago, Axe said:

Once again another absurd suggestion from someone who probably has one of these houses.

This is not what turfs were designed to be. They were designed to be CQC cartels, not housing wars. There is no housing for cartels which makes the cartel stupidly broken. Why disable the crates in cartel houses and not turf houses? What's the difference. 

If the intent was to allow smaller gangs/randos to cap turfs, how are you going to do that when you can't shoot through a house with your Katiba?

IMO cartel houses should have been left alone with the exception of a few choice houses. 

I agree with almost everything you said, and my statement was a joke, making fun of the fact there there is almost no way to beat people in houses without resorting to extreme measures.

• 3 months later...

this shit again?this topic is old.just stop bitching draw people out of their camping spots use cars to block the flag and better tactics.stop crying and adapt.so many ways to take care of campers but all you do is complain good job people!

it would be better if they would make asylum exchange return

Edited by LastKiller
1 hour ago, LastKiller said:

this shit again?this topic is old.just stop bitching draw people out of their camping spots use cars to block the flag and better tactics.stop crying and adapt.so many ways to take care of campers but all you do is complain good job people!

it would be better if they would make asylum exchange return

Whats does AE have to do with spawning at a red turf?