Remove Carrier Lites

Just now, Haych said:

Ifrit only had 1 script in the mission file I believe and that's been quoted out for a decade so its not in play. The Ifrit you see in Asylum is vanilla, nothing is changed on it, no idea where you're getting the whole mag theory from.

I'll make a vid and send you it when I get home, thanks for the insight btw you probably know more about it than I do

Edited by Sean.
4 minutes ago, Sean. said:

I'll make a vid and send you it when I get home

How many previous servers have you played on? I can tell you, no armour editing has happened to the Ifrit, it's pretty much the same you'll see on other servers. You can't even adjust the armour rating on vehicles. Unless the wheel script got quoted back in, the penetration, everything you see is vanilla.

4 minutes ago, Sean. said:

Also I'm pretty sure they have a coverall skin with default values aswell so if I'm right just replace those and get rid of the clothing armor stack all together, since it should just be a cosmetic after all :) 

Thats the idea behind my clone stack method. Use the CSAT Coveralls.PAA and put it over the AAF Coveralls. Same skin, no extra armour. Straight cosmetic, but there is also the argument that Coveralls in general have broken stomach and groin hitbox's, so even if you prevent armour stacking, or skin cloning, you will still experience that.

.Sean and Frizzy like this
57 minutes ago, Haych said:

How many previous servers have you played on? I can tell you, no armour editing has happened to the Ifrit, it's pretty much the same you'll see on other servers. You can't even adjust the armour rating on vehicles. Unless the wheel script got quoted back in, the penetration, everything you see is vanilla.

Thats the idea behind my clone stack method. Use the CSAT Coveralls.PAA and put it over the AAF Coveralls. Same skin, no extra armour. Straight cosmetic, but there is also the argument that Coveralls in general have broken stomach and groin hitbox's, so even if you prevent armour stacking, or skin cloning, you will still experience that.

handleVehicleDamage hasn't been touched in many many months (RPG).

I do, however, intend to optimize the fucking shit out of handleDamage. First pass testing in the editor (assuming 1 Damage from a Frag thrown by a civilian AI) yielded a 25% decrease in runtime (which is, granted, tenths of milliseconds).

So many things can be combined and/or use lazy evaluation in there.

10 hours ago, Xehons said:

OH YEAH COMBAT HELMET IS A P2W according to my calculations there is no replacement for it it's only by keys 

There are other helmets in game that have the same armor value that are not in crates.  Nothing in the game is P2W, but you can pay 2 skin...

10 hours ago, Mr. Fudger said:

I don't think people would've paid for coveralls if they knew they could only wear a tac best with it.. that's kinda shit tbh..

We talked about that in the beginning of having them back, so it wouldn't be something we are just springing on people.  The plan all along was to limit people to a TAC vest when wearing CSAT to prevent armor stacking, but it just never got implemented.  We let it go for a while to see how it played out, and it looks like (at least some of) the player base is not a fan of the way that behaves due to Arma mechanics.  

Xehons and Haych like this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

There are other helmets in game that have the same armor value that are not in crates.  Nothing in the game is P2W, but you can pay 2 skin...

We talked about that in the beginning of having them back, so it wouldn't be something we are just springing on people.  The plan all along was to limit people to a TAC vest when wearing CSAT to prevent armor stacking, but it just never got implemented.  We let it go for a while to see how it played out, and it looks like (at least some of) the player base is not a fan of the way that behaves due to Arma mechanics.  

Only pc not normal csats tho pls

Just now, Mr. Fudger said:

...but isnt the problem that pc's can get bugged and sponge bullets?

Not for Asylum. We're considering our thing because the 2x armor is potentially too much.

21 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

Never have problems against people in Plate carries,CSAT or using 7.62,I think to many people complain,do you just want it easy because your bad ?

The problem is your aim,not the game,or pc,CSAT,7.62s etc stop making excuses.

Man up,stop complaining, and play the game.

11 hours ago, Mr. Fudger said:

just keep as is please im fine like this not my fault if people potato and blame it on csats

Shooting someone 4-5 times and them not dying has nothing to do with potato.  Bullet wounds only doing 10-15 damage is seriously ridiculous lol.

Just now, HotWings said:

Shooting someone 4-5 times and them not dying has nothing to do with potato.  Bullet wounds only doing 10-15 damage is seriously ridiculous lol.

I never complain about it and a lot of times, for example the vid that Ollie posted, where he shoots a guy and hits him twice but it looks like he shot him 5-6.

Other people just think they hit someone more and they just blame it on csats when they don't kill people.

James Anderson likes this
5 minutes ago, Mr. Fudger said:

Other people just think they hit someone more and they just blame it on csats when they don't kill people.

The blame isn't CSATs, its the Pilot Coveralls, CSAT Fatigues are fine because they are no more than 3 shot kills. PC's have a broken stomach and groin hit reg. The player takes less damage when they get shot in that region meaning they can often tank more shots. Axe even made a test spreadsheet on it with average kill shots on both pieces of clothing.

5 minutes ago, Haych said:

The blame isn't CSATs, its the Pilot Coveralls, CSAT Fatigues are fine because they are no more than 3 shot kills. PC's have a broken stomach and groin hit reg. The player takes less damage when they get shot in that region meaning they can often tank more shots. Axe even made a test spreadsheet on it with average kill shots on both pieces of clothing.

yea I meant pc's not csats, but if you look up gnashes said pc's and csats will be changed together, and I don't get why the csats have to be changed when there's nothing wrong with those

46 minutes ago, Mr. Fudger said:

I never complain about it and a lot of times, for example the vid that Ollie posted, where he shoots a guy and hits him twice but it looks like he shot him 5-6.

Not blaming you man lol, just stating it can be annoying with the PC issue, when you combine that with the netcode arma uses shots that hit on your screen in the critical neck area are actually hitting the chest region causing far less damage than expected.  I personally just use controlled bursts instead of just holding the button cause going full auto.

Just now, HotWings said:

Not blaming you man lol, just stating it can be annoying with the PC issue, when you combine that with the netcode arma uses shots that hit on your screen in the critical neck area are actually hitting the chest region causing far less damage than expected.  I personally just use controlled bursts instead of just holding the button cause going full auto.

People go full auto cause theres a nice script that works really well when ADS. 

FudgeR likes this
Just now, Haych said:

It's not a donation, its a sale of a item though :shrug:

When something is given in return, it is no longer a donation.

You already bought pilot coveralls when you bought arma 3. Asylum has the right to allow it in there server or not. The idea was to get people to donate and if you do they would reward you with a skin. Either way you are donating its a perk that comes with it, they are not allowed to sell you content you already purchased with the game - especially one they didnt create.

4 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

You already bought pilot coveralls when you bought arma 3. Asylum has the right to allow it in there server or not. The idea was to get people to donate and if you do they would reward you with a skin. Either way you are donating its a perk that comes with it, they are not allowed to sell you content you already purchased with the game - especially one they didnt create.

That doesn't matter, its not a donation. Once you give someone an item after paying, it is considered a sale. This is all in words from BIS, go read up the ToS FAQ.

Also Asylum is allowed to sell content you already payed for, its just a dick move to do so. As long as it isn't game effecting and theres a alternative for non paying members, its perfectly fine to do.

Just now, Haych said:

That doesn't matter, its not a donation. Once you give someone an item after paying, it is considered a sale. This is all in words from BIS, go read up the ToS FAQ.

Also Asylum is allowed to sell content you already payed for, its just a dick move to do so. As long as it isn't game effecting and theres a alternative for non paying members, its perfectly fine to do.

Strictly says donation, even in the payment details. Why do you think they had a problem with BIS - you can't sell content BIS made and the customer paid for. The only reason the loot crates were even allowed to go as they were is because they gave you a free key. There donations to the server that were honestly over due for the amount of hours people play this and dont pay a dime

4 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Strictly says donation, even in the payment details. Why do you think they had a problem with BIS - you can't sell content BIS made and the customer paid for. The only reason the loot crates were even allowed to go as they were is because they gave you a free key. There donations to the server that were honestly over due for the amount of hours people play this and dont pay a dime

Asylum saying its a donation is a fault on their end, as far as BIS is concerned, its not a donation, its a sale. Again, putting items behind a paywall is fine, as long as players have a free alternative without giving paying members a advantage, or else they would of been in trouble with Coveralls, Helmets, NV's, Hex Fatigues and any other item that is behind a paywall, free key or not. It's allowed, just a very dick move to do.

12 minutes ago, Haych said:

Asylum saying its a donation is a fault on their end, as far as BIS is concerned, its not a donation, its a sale. Again, putting items behind a paywall is fine, as long as players have a free alternative without giving paying members a advantage, or else they would of been in trouble with Coveralls, Helmets, NV's, Hex Fatigues and any other item that is behind a paywall, free key or not. It's allowed, just a very dick move to do.

Which all makes sense but its very clear at the time of purchase where it says DONATION - then when you look at your paypal statement and / or bank statement it comes up as a donation. Which follows the trend set 3 years ago where they created server donations. As far as im concerned ive never viewed it as anything but a donation because I didn't see anything making those who donated any better due to what they had excluding Hatchback Sports.

Paratus wants everyone to be able to log in and play for free, but the servers don't pay for themselves they need Donations, and these are Donations

Edit: On a side note why do other servers get all these donations and payments , yet the life server with the most people/time played rarely gets a donation without trying to have to bait and hook people into it.

Edited by Sugarfoot
7 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Which all makes sense but its very clear at the time of purchase where it says DONATION - then when you look at your paypal statement and / or bank statement it comes up as a donation. Which follows the trend set 3 years ago where they created server donations. As far as im concerned ive never viewed it as anything but a donation because I didn't see anything making those who donated any better due to what they had excluding Hatchback Sports.

Paratus wants everyone to be able to log in and play for free, but the servers don't pay for themselves they need Donations, and these are Donations

Edit: On a side note why do other servers get all these donations and payments , yet the life server with the most people/time played rarely gets a donation without trying to have to bait and hook people into it.

Because other the community of the other life servers love to play there and they want to keep it alive because they enjoy it.

Meanwhile our community wants stuff all the time without thinking that the servers gotta be paid too.

Whenever the Donations were low for a long time and Paratus would have taken away the one or other server I think people would have donated more especially when they would have lost houses etc. But yet Paratus decided to pay of his pocket and let you guys play and having fun

Haych likes this
5 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Other servers severely limit content to only be unlocked with donations.  Asylum has only limited the CSAT PC skins and helmet skins.  Everything else is accessible without donation (some can only be crafted for non donors).  For instance Olympus in Dec if the donation goals were met people could use gokarts.... Something thats been available on Asylum to anyone with the DLC without the need to pay for it.  I know when the marksman DLC first came out they did not make the new guns available until they received a certain amount of money in donations, but Asylum made them available without having to pay for them.  Its all a matter of how donations are handled. Asylum targets the individual who wants to help the community, whereas someone like Olympus will only give you content if you donate.

Just now, eleec said:

Because other the community of the other life servers love to play there and they want to keep it alive because they enjoy it.

Meanwhile our community wants stuff all the time without thinking that the servers gotta be paid too.

Whenever the Donations were low for a long time and Paratus would have taken away the one or other server I think people would have donated more especially when they would have lost houses etc. But yet Paratus decided to pay of his pocket and let you guys play and having fun

He should it would serve them right for all the bitching. Want pilot coveralls - dont want pilot coveralls, Want X and Y cartel - Dont want X and Y cartel.

Then refuse to donate to the "Shit" server as they've logged 120 hours in 2 weeks... smh

Regardless who you like if you fucking play that many hours on a place you should donate consistantly.

eleec likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

Other servers severely limit content to only be unlocked with donations.  Asylum has only limited the CSAT PC skins and helmet skins.  Everything else is accessible without donation (some can only be crafted for non donors).  For instance Olympus in Dec if the donation goals were met people could use gokarts.... Something thats been available on Asylum to anyone with the DLC without the need to pay for it.  I know when the marksman DLC first came out they did not make the new guns available until they received a certain amount of money in donations, but Asylum made them available without having to pay for them.  Its all a matter of how donations are handled. Asylum targets the individual who wants to help the community, whereas someone like Olympus will only give you content if you donate.

I guess thats a good point, but thats a sad thing when you have to force these people to donate to a place theyve put 5k hours into

6 minutes ago, eleec said:

This is insanely true. People love donating on those servers. Donations low? no worries, CM will make a post about it nad how much donations mean to them, instantly 400-500 Euros donated in 2 days of the CM making a post. But those servers also have global rewards for meeting donation goals so regardless, they meet the goal because people want the end of the month reward.