When is it acceptable to shoot medics?

I'm genuinely asking, I like playing medic every once in a while and a huge problem seems to be that civs think they can just shoot a medic without saying a word. I just want to know if the situations below are considered rdm. If they are then I'll go ahead and enable shadowplay to get some of these people banned.

Example 1 (This actually just happened):
I get two revive requests from some guys in the airfield, as I get closer I hear gun fire, so I keep my emergency lights on so people know I'm a medic, I'm also keeping a 100-200 meter distance parked and have not gotten off my offroad (I do this because if the guys shooting/winning the fight want my help reviving their mates I will more than gladly do it), I start hearing shots land close to me so I take that as warning shots and start driving away, the shots kept coming though as I was very clearly driving away from the area and boom I'm dead. So here there was absolutely no communication to me that I was going to die if I didn't leave the area. I was just shot for absolutely no reason. I was not reviving anyone.

Was this rdm?

Exaple 2 (Has happened to every medic at one point):

I arrive at a scene and no one else is visibly around the area so I start reviving the player, boom shot while reviving without a word said.

Is this rdm?

As a long time player I absolutely believe these two situations to be rdm but honestly sometimes the rules suprise me. I just want to make sure these are banable situations because I don't want to waste my time enabling shadowplay and making sure it works correctly for a good 30 minutes if I wont have any grounds for getting people banned

Xehons likes this
1 hour ago, RiverThrough said:

I'm genuinely asking, I like playing medic every once in a while and a huge problem seems to be that civs think they can just shoot a medic without saying a word. I just want to know if the situations below are considered rdm. If they are then I'll go ahead and enable shadowplay to get some of these people banned.

Example 1 (This actually just happened):
I get two revive requests from some guys in the airfield, as I get closer I hear gun fire, so I keep my emergency lights on so people know I'm a medic, I'm also keeping a 100-200 meter distance parked and have not gotten off my offroad (I do this because if the guys shooting/winning the fight want my help reviving their mates I will more than gladly do it), I start hearing shots land close to me so I take that as warning shots and start driving away, the shots kept coming though as I was very clearly driving away from the area and boom I'm dead. So here there was absolutely no communication to me that I was going to die if I didn't leave the area. I was just shot for absolutely no reason. I was not reviving anyone.

Was this rdm?

Exaple 2 (Has happened to every medic at one point):

I arrive at a scene and no one else is visibly around the area so I start reviving the player, boom shot while reviving without a word said.

Is this rdm?

As a long time player I absolutely believe these two situations to be rdm but honestly sometimes the rules suprise me. I just want to make sure these are banable situations because I don't want to waste my time enabling shadowplay and making sure it works correctly for a good 30 minutes if I wont have any grounds for getting people banned

Both honestly are rdm. However the medics are often treated as part of the group they are reviving due to past bias and will often be dealt with as such. They should not be killing you without warning outside of a red area or you know you driving into a heated gun battle

Hope this helps

Xehons likes this
1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

Both honestly are rdm. However the medics are often treated as part of the group they are reviving due to past bias and will often be dealt with as such. They should not be killing you without warning outside of a red area or you know you driving into a heated gun battle

Hope this helps

Awesome thanks for the reply, definitely going to load up shadowplay and get reports in when this happens