Change log 7.9.2

bamf

It's been a few weeks since we patched (what with the holidays and all).  I hope everyone had a nice break.  We have lots of feature tweaks and bug fixes in this patch (thanks @Gnashes).  We also have a feature that has changed substantially, but I hope it will help with the overall memory utilization on the servers.  We will just have to see how this pans out.  

• You now "toggle" house crates into displaying or hiding while scrollwheeling on your homes (Show Crates and Hide Crates)
  • The proper talent is now needed to detonate a suicide vest
  • Cop gear check now works properly and will seize non-whitelisted gear
  • Trackers placed on vehicles will persist through the player disconnecting and reconnecting
  • Salt is now able to be mined anywhere the ground is "salt"
  • Feign picking for UCs only shows when not in a vehicle now (rank must be hidden as well)
  • Cadets may no longer offer Parole
  • Flipping a vehicle should no longer allow for explosions
  • You can no longer pickup items from inside a vehicle
  • Master Bounty Hunter requirement changed to "Motivated"
  • Put in/Pull Out of vehicle is yellow for ease of access
  • You can no longer toggle the locks on Asylum-placed houses when not in a gang
  • Cadets can now seize illegal items into evidence
  • You can no longer commit suicide if you are downed
  • Moved MX/MXC to Skiptracer, added Skiptracer vehicle and clothing shop. (Master Bounty Hunters Only)
  • Added apex vehicle color variants (Donation Level Requirements can be found HERE)
  • Bounty Hunters may now get into their own vehicle if it is locked
  • Restrain Hotkey exploit prevention
  • Police can arrest fugitives from higher floors at HQ locations now
  • Civs can pull undowned, unrestrained people from cars they have the keys to.
  • Flashbangs are being purchased from a new distributer, Black Cat USA. They promise increased effectiveness at marginal cost increases
  • UCs should see all scopes in the shops now
  • Apex Predators can buy 6.5mm lethal mags at Skiptracer
  • Removed 3 second wait when dropping all of multiple items
  • UC SGT+ Gets Zubr and Yorris
  • Modified Athira Checkpoint at the request of checkpoint-inclined officers
  • Marker Opacity sliders should no longer affect houses or fugitive tracks
  • Fixed a bug where pardoning would always clear parole, even if canceled
  • Added two new talents related to drug runners. Drug Runners now have a slim chance to alert talented police officers of your destination when taking a mission
  • Improved the "Snitches" talent for police. It should be much more active now.
  • Fixed bug with disarming
  • You may no longer access your cellphone while dead
  • Wong's no longer accepts goods imported from other islands
  • You may no longer store a vehicle while "in combat".  Think of this like the aggression system for your vehicles.
  • Corrected calculation error with Master Crusader payout bonus
  • Corrected bug which allowed Master Bounty Hunters with the "Master of Information" talent to have no cooldown on tracking
  • Athira HQ walls have been reinforced
  • Added proper checks to vehicle crafting factories to ensure only unlocked skins are available

Hotfix 1:

• Fixed a bug preventing vehicle skins from loot crates from being crafted and purchased
  • The "Hide Storage" option has been removed.  We are not seeing a reduction in memory when crates are hidden, so I'm removing that option
  • Fixed the Skiptracer vehicle shop near DP19 to make vehicles spawn at that location
  • The APD on Tanoa may now purchase APD and under cover jeeps.

Hotfix 2:

• Crates will now be able to be spawned if you have soft logged or disconnected and then come back to the server.  For gang crates, if the person that originally hit "Show Storage" DCs, then someone else in the gang will need to "Show Storage" again to bring them back in.  
  • Prisoners will now be able to get their aggression out once again in laser tag
  • MBH tracking message should now show the proper time until you can re-track your bounty
  • Drug runner plane pings should now show an actual message to the APD

Hotfix 3:

• APD officers on Tanoa will now receive a hazard pay bonus of 20% for most actions
  • The bounty hunter shop on Tanoa will have more items available in order to match similar shops on Altis
  • Masks will again hide names at distance as they shouldVarious wording changes on system messages
  • APD jeeps on Tanoa will have lights now

Hotfix 3a (server side only):

• Garage attendants now feel compelled to refill smokes on your Ifrit or Strider for you when you store your vehicle.

Hotfix 4:

• The calculation for how cartel fridge's fill with dirty money has been tweaked.  If a server is near full, the fridge will fill much faster - but if the server has few players, then the fridge will fill much slower.  
  • The price of meth has been increased by ~17%
  • Various map marker colors have been tweaked to work better
  • Fixed a few minor exploits
BSquare, signal, BlackShot and 44 others like this
Just now, Axe said:

So questions

How can crates be seized if hidden?

How can I shoot crates if hidden to prevent people from using them?

I think we'll end up tying that to the aggression system as well, we just did not for today.  The thing we're trying here is to see if we can lower the running memory of the server by not spawning in items that largely go unused most of the time.  

Steve, Sergio, Olivia and 5 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

I think we'll end up tying that to the aggression system as well, we just did not for today.  The thing we're trying here is to see if we can lower the running memory of the server by not spawning in items that largely go unused most of the time.  

What's the point of LTs being able to raid houses?

If I'm just hiding in there and havent triggered the aggression system, then locking yourself in a house is not risky.

2 hours ago, bamf said:

• Bounty Hunters may now get into their own vehicle if it is locked

I'm assuming this is similar to the way cops can get into their vehicles. If so why is this only for Bounty Hunters, it applies to rebels too. Couldn't tell you how many times I've had hostages just spam get out till their friends come.

Just now, HotWings said:

Server crashing > trolling

Not really trolling?

This feature legitimately changes the game...

You've taken housing, and made it a pretty safe haven by allowing people to access crates when locked

Then you added this, making there no punishment for getting raided or having crates shot.

Also. Who's to guarantee the hide crate function even gets used. Why not just make them appear when at least one door is unlocked and disappear when all are locked. Seems like a way to guarantee this is being used and rule out any issues. 

HotWings likes this
Just now, Axe said:

Not really trolling?

You've taken housing, and made it a pretty safe haven by allowing people to access crates when locked

Then you added this, making there no punishment for getting raided or having crates shot.

Also. Who's to guarantee the hide crate function even gets used. Why not just make them appear when at least one door is unlocked and disappear when all are locked. Seems like a way to guarantee this is being used and rule out any issues. 

No I agree that it also has an advantage, but generally I see people just use it as a troll tactic.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

Not really trolling?

Raiding hardly ever happens.  To get your house raided you have to be asking for it

Will, Olivia and Sergio like this
5 minutes ago, Allstarplaya said:

@bamf, @Gnashes nice update but no love for Tanoa players?

Likely soon.  I've spent a lot of time going through data and trying to come up with a way that (I hope) will alleviate the BE issue a touch.  If the Tanoa numbers hold up, I'll be looking at doing some stuff on the map though.  

You and I can still talk at some point too...