I know this was a long time ago (like back when I first got Arma about/over a year ago I believe), but what was the reason that we took the hidden names when people wore masks. Made it a lot more immersive. I know that this isn't really as much of an RP oriented server as others (and I'd like to keep it that way as full on RP gets really cringey/boring really fast) , but having a way of knowing that I can hide my identity and rack up a bounty is a lot more fun. Made bounty hunting/being a criminal/being a cop a lot more interesting since as a BH/Cop, you're trying to get that person's name  or as a criminal, you have an easier way to rack up a bounty. Maybe there could be something implemented to where committing a crime with the mask on reveals your identity for a certain amount of time or until you change the mask. I don't know, just a suggestion because all I remember was that the "Masked Man" effect was pretty cool. And while we're on the topic, can we please add back the names showing when we're talking? Or was that taken out for immersion purposes?

Boonie Hat likes this

This is a Light Role Play server as I was told, and it is not something you see on Light Role Play servers, I played on a whitelist only Garry's Mod server which is a Serious Role Play server and it has this system implemented where the names are random numbers above peoples head such as #2124 and once you press E on them it will say that Peter in my case tried to shake your hand and once the other person presses E on you, you basically become friends and know each other until one removes another from the buddy list.

I do not think it is a good idea for a Light Role Play server to add this in, most people play here just because it is this way, also I think APD will not have much to do, they can obviously patrol in illegal areas, but they have a rule where you can only go in there every 20 minutes. You can also pull over people and check their identification if they are not following the road rules, and you can get suspects from robberies. What about those people with manslaughter and what, how will you ever catch them if you are not sure where they are, and no one will kill someone right in front of a cop (Mostly). Basically what I am trying to say is it will ruin the point of this server

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

"Masked Strangers"

sounds cool

1 minute ago, Fr0ZoR said:

I think this would makes cops jobs a bit more interesting and you would start to see higher bounties. The fugitive ping would still be in place to locate guys. Perhaps you could make it so it is illegal to wear a mask and cops could(optionally) take it. There wouldn't be a money charge just it would be up to cops if they want to take it for hiding their identity. Maybe name hidden is probably cause too. idk just throwing out ideas.

Adding this could be a potential issue for cops at drug field. Not being able to check names on suspect while there could lead to some issues if civilians scatter when trying to make arrests.

Edit: Just makes the job a bit harder but otherwise i still like the idea of masks.

Edited by Phantom Viper
5 minutes ago, Phantom Viper said:

Adding this could be a potential issue for cops at drug field. Not being able to check names on suspect while there could lead to some issues if civilians scatter when trying to make arrests.

Edit: Just makes the job a bit harder but otherwise i still like the idea of masks.

Then cops will need to come close to people and RP instead of sirens pew pew

Steve likes this
8 hours ago, Fr0ZoR said:

I do not think it is a good idea for a Light Role Play server to add this in, most people play here just because it is this way, also I think APD will not have much to do, they can obviously patrol in illegal areas, but they have a rule where you can only go in there every 20 minutes. You can also pull over people and check their identification if they are not following the road rules, and you can get suspects from robberies. What about those people with manslaughter and what, how will you ever catch them if you are not sure where they are, and no one will kill someone right in front of a cop (Mostly). Basically what I am trying to say is it will ruin the point of this server

How the hell could something so minimal ruin the server lol. If anything, it gives civs more freedom. I play cop and civ and I've noticed that cops literally can just roll up and arrest everyone. Civs who commit crimes (every civ) are basically doomed to go anywhere public. This server is great on player interaction because it's so fun and public places are the hotspots for everything to happen. This makes it more interesting if anything 

BioHazard likes this

What if a masked player sends a message to another player saying "Hands up or die", can the victim do something about it ? if he sees a guy walking around masked with a gun can he shoot him ? What if it's the wrong guy ? Can the victim do something about it or just run and hide ?

henky likes this
20 hours ago, Berus said:

What if a masked player sends a message to another player saying "Hands up or die", can the victim do something about it ? if he sees a guy walking around masked with a gun can he shoot him ? What if it's the wrong guy ? Can the victim do something about it or just run and hide ?

This guy is kinda right. You will need to run to who ever is arround you to check if thats the guy that texted you.

Thats why i dont like this idea 

1 hour ago, henky said:

This guy is kinda right. You will need to run to who ever is arround you to check if thats the guy that texted you.

Thats why i dont like this idea 

If someone texted me and i wouldn't know who it was i would just yell "I GOT YO WIFE AND KIDS, IF YOU WANNA SEE THEM LIVE YOU LET ME WALK."

Solved by RP.

Edit: If he shoots me anyway, i report him for fail rp.

Edited by Midamaru
ImProd likes this
25 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

If someone texted me and i wouldn't know who it was i would just yell "I GOT YO WIFE AND KIDS, IF YOU WANNA SEE THEM LIVE YOU LET ME WALK."

Solved by RP.

Edit: If he shoots me anyway, i report him for fail rp.

Down them, restrains and go to a isolated place with them "Tell me where my family is or i will crush your balls with my hands" done, if you have their bounty you can even arrest them after that

ImProd likes this