Infinite Kidnapping

If it isn't already, shouldn't it be bannable to restrain someone and leave them in a place where they are either left to disconnect/respawn? I mean ADMINS should know better, but recently there was a huge Kavala war on S4 that I took part in and enjoyed, until 2 admins and a gang of like 6 other rebels (or more) kidnapped me and another cop. They did who knows what with the other cop but last thing I remember before being left by myself with a blindfold on is Dredge (an admin lol), justifying his reason for using items that can't be accessed in game, then being sent off into what seemed to be a boat on a never ending drive into the middle of the ocean. You would think that an admin of all people would never condone this. But here I am, unable to abort/suicide and I'm stuck on a never ending trip into the ocean. Again, I've had players do this, but an admin? For one this should be punishable, since it's like exploiting:

- Restrain player and put them in boat

- Jump out boat and leave them there to keep sailing forever with no way to escape or die

The only way I'm able to leave this by Alt + F4'ing off of the game and reconnecting. This is something I consider an exploit since it requires out of game controls to fix for one, and second because it requires no one controlling the boat. Can we please make these kind of things punishable? It's ridiculous and unfair for the players. I've seen gang members capture people and then restrain them and then drop them inside of rocks so that the only way they can escape (after waiting 10 minutes for their zipties to break) is by suiciding...

What kind of shit is that? I'd love to hear other's opinion on this (especially Gnashes since he considered my last suggestion) without having people kiss the admins' asses.

Just now, ImProd said:

If it isn't already, shouldn't it be bannable to restrain someone and leave them in a place where they are either left to disconnect/respawn? I mean ADMINS should know better, but recently there was a huge Kavala war on S4 that I took part in and enjoyed, until 2 admins and a gang of like 6 other rebels (or more) kidnapped me and another cop. They did who knows what with the other cop but last thing I remember before being left by myself with a blindfold on is Dredge (an admin lol), justifying his reason for using items that can't be accessed in game, then being sent off into what seemed to be a boat on a never ending drive into the middle of the ocean. You would think that an admin of all people would never condone this. But here I am, unable to abort/suicide and I'm stuck on a never ending trip into the ocean. Again, I've had players do this, but an admin? For one this should be punishable, since it's like exploiting:

- Jump out boat and leave them there to keep sailing forever with no way to escape or die

The only way I'm able to leave this by Alt + F4'ing off of the game and reconnecting. This is something I consider an exploit since it requires out of game controls to fix for one, and second because it requires no one controlling the boat. Can we please make these kind of things punishable? It's ridiculous and unfair for the players. I've seen gang members capture people and then restrain them and then drop them inside of rocks so that the only way they can escape (after waiting 10 minutes for their zipties to break) is by suiciding...

What kind of shit is that? I'd love to hear other's opinion on this (especially Gnashes since he considered my last suggestion) without having people kiss the admins' asses.

And yea I'm snitching. Not like admins get in trouble for shit anyways. So don't come into the comments talking about "lol he's mad that an admin blah blah blah...". I never take this game seriously, even when I get kidnapped for hours for messing with people. It's what I do, I enjoy the player interaction and have a high tolerance. But I expect more from admins who are supposed to keep the game fair and enjoyable for everyone...

Nubis likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

You can stick people in cuffs and do whatever you'd like with them. 10 minutes later the cuffs break and they can suicide/disconnect.

I was stuck in a boat with cuffs on for waaay more than 10 minutes, put on a timer and it went to 13 (and that was after an estimated 20 minutes one the boat ride) and I still wasn't able to suicide or abort...

17 minutes ago, ImProd said:

. But here I am, unable to abort/suicide and I'm stuck on a never ending trip into the ocean.

3456513.jpg

I say props admins that shit is jus funny af

but seriously this shit happens learn how to survive Asylum not change it

Edited by Eric916
5 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

3456513.jpg

I say props admins that shit is jus funny af

but seriously this shit happens learn how to survive Asylum not change it

Not funny when it's happening to you. I find almost anything on arma funny because it's such a querky game, but not server role models abusing mechanics

Just now, ImProd said:

He's an admin, what do you call it

I honestly don't care anymore lol. Close the topic, admin's have lots of power. Guys could honestly just do a kill command on the whole server if they wanted to and would get no consequences for it. Lol close the topic, I'm not gonna get mad over this bullshit game. I got it to mess with people and last thing I'm gonna worry about is some asswipe sending me into the ocean with starter gear on

sounds like a fucking waste of 10 minutes to me :fail:

what i usually do is open youtube and watch some videos as funny as it sounds :kappa:

but yeah, people can go ahead and do this, for example i could hate someone and say find him in athira leave him in the middle of nowhere after kidnapping him, then he would have to wait so i find him in kavala, i do the same. it's a problem :P happens to me sometimes too but i don't mind.

Edited by johnfx

This is actually hilarious as fuck, i don't know why you are so upset about it. I restart ARMA for numerous reasons when playing, it doesn't matter to me if theres 1 more. Something like this really rarely happens aswell so i wouldn't see the need to change anything.

It sucks to be in your boat (HAH PUNNY) but so is sitting in jail for 45mins, getting robbed after a full meth run, being rdmed when roleplaying with someone. Learn to live with these shitty moments or just leave the servers because they're bound to happen.

Olivia, Maaqs and Eric916 like this
3 hours ago, Midamaru said:

This is actually hilarious as fuck, i don't know why you are so upset about it. I restart ARMA for numerous reasons when playing, it doesn't matter to me if theres 1 more. Something like this really rarely happens aswell so i wouldn't see the need to change anything.

It sucks to be in your boat (HAH PUNNY) but so is sitting in jail for 45mins, getting robbed after a full meth run, being rdmed when roleplaying with someone. Learn to live with these shitty moments or just leave the servers because they're bound to happen.

There's a difference between being caught and being able to try to talk for yourself/move around to waste time. When you're forced in the back of a vehicule and the people just shit talk to you, it's nothing fun at all and I totally understand him. Not everybody has 20 hours a day to spend on video games. Sometimes you got to go and shit like that happens before leaving.

1 hour ago, Alex1994 said:

There's a difference between being caught and being able to try to talk for yourself/move around to waste time. When you're forced in the back of a vehicule and the people just shit talk to you, it's nothing fun at all and I totally understand him. Not everybody has 20 hours a day to spend on video games. Sometimes you got to go and shit like that happens before leaving.

Well if you don't have the time for such stuff to happen go play something else :/ It comes with Asylum, risk and reward.

2 hours ago, Tusken Raider said:

You're saying blind folds can't be accessed in game but only by admins? Are you stupid?

No. He is accusing me of using the Guardian Crate NVG's. @ImProd as I told you last night, after you got salty because you were kidnapped and started calling everyone names (Great Look for the APD btw) they can be obtained by ANY player who buys guardian keys and they do not have thermal mode. But, because I am an admin and in game I must be hacking, teleporting, spawning in things that aren't in the game etc. Ask ANY of the DS guys I was with how much shit I actually spawned. That is a big fat 0. I went to rebel with them, purchased my own shit. The ONLY thing I did that normal players cant is turning our ifrit pink because it was fun to drive around in a pink ifrit. 

But your mind is already made up. So there is no convincing you with facts and the like. Also, have you ever been in a boat? The throttle stays in the same spot after you set it. You dont have to keep pressing it like a cars gas pedal. So me jamming it open and bailing out of the boat is well within the realm of real world application. 

Roice, Olivia, Maaqs and 6 others like this
3 hours ago, Dredge said:

No. He is accusing me of using the Guardian Crate NVG's. @ImProd as I told you last night, after you got salty because you were kidnapped and started calling everyone names (Great Look for the APD btw) they can be obtained by ANY player who buys guardian keys and they do not have thermal mode. But, because I am an admin and in game I must be hacking, teleporting, spawning in things that aren't in the game etc. Ask ANY of the DS guys I was with how much shit I actually spawned. That is a big fat 0. I went to rebel with them, purchased my own shit. The ONLY thing I did that normal players cant is turning our ifrit pink because it was fun to drive around in a pink ifrit. 

But your mind is already made up. So there is no convincing you with facts and the like. Also, have you ever been in a boat? The throttle stays in the same spot after you set it. You dont have to keep pressing it like a cars gas pedal. So me jamming it open and bailing out of the boat is well within the realm of real world application. 

did you grab a life vest, if not you failed RP. Everyone must have a life vest IRL in any situation where you are jumping out of a boat :frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:

Flameless likes this
13 hours ago, Gnashes said:

You can stick people in cuffs and do whatever you'd like with them. 10 minutes later the cuffs break and they can suicide/disconnect.

Okay, I got locked by a gang in a house for more than 10 minutes, how would I go about that without combat logging, because it was not fun being there with 5 Elysium members, I am not sure how to spell it but whatever lol 

18 hours ago, ImProd said:

Help me understand here man, you seem to be aware of the fact that you only have to hang out for 10 minutes once restrained, you seem to know that after a point you're only there of your own volition? So why is this a problem? Why not just peace out after 10 minutes if you wanted to?

Also, as for the supposition that admins shouldn't do this sort of thing, I would remind you that admins play the game like anybody else. They have to be 100% within the rules, but aside from that they're free to be as sadistic as anybody else. 

So unless I'm missing something or there was some as of yet unmentioned exploit, I'd recommend taking it in stride and leaving after ten minutes if you're not having a good time. 

But let's be real, ocean cruises are expensive, sounds like you got to go for free. 

Dredge likes this
17 hours ago, troublesome said:

The fact that you think any of the Admins give a shit is hilarious. Also to the shitty admins stealing the synergy special fuck urself.

To this day Nomak has yet to be found since he left towards the Oil Rig from the Jewelry Store

I don't think admins give a shit. I literally don't give a shit. I'm pretty sure I said "close the topic, idc anymore"