Player owned Shops?

I was, thinking the Asylum Exchange was down and maybe player owned shops? I was looking and I saw these building that had no purpose but could be used. People would need to buy storage for there shop at home improvement and could sell any thing ranging from Apples to a speed bomb. Just thought it would be a fun and exciting update. @Gnashes @bamf @Motown

b52d661ff29b379254b470448aa0fea5.png

120k Shop

79fba7158f2627f07b422a19811694ae.png

150k Shop

79e50dd07b2dd317e2f038e8e4627bb8.png

220k shop

Edited by Mr.Purple
Cougar., Xehons, Ghouh and 10 others like this
3 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

good idea. Just not plausible for asylum to be fully honest.

It's totally possible, it's just a question of how you would implement it. For example, if we're simply talking about player owned shops with regular NPC's doing the selling and profit going to the owner, that's a pretty easy thing to make happen.

If you want to have actual players staffing the shop, things become much less practical.

I think it could be cool, but I'd like to see the mechanics rounded out with robbery potential and the ability to set prices. 

Xehons, Donald and Mr.Purple like this
Just now, Buckwalter said:

It's totally possible, it's just a question of how you would implement it. For example, if we're simply talking about player owned shops with regular NPC's doing the selling and profit going to the owner, that's a pretty easy thing to make happen.

If you want to have actual players staffing the shop, things become much less practical.

I think it could be cool, but I'd like to see the mechanics rounded out with robbery potential and the ability to set prices. 

+1 <3

Horizon likes this
56 minutes ago, Mr.Purple said:

I was, thinking the Asylum Exchange was down and maybe player owned shops? I was looking and I saw these building that had no purpose but could be used. People would need to buy storage for there shop at home improvement and could sell any thing ranging from Apples to a speed bomb. Just thought it would be a fun and exciting update. @Gnashes @bamf @Motown

b52d661ff29b379254b470448aa0fea5.png

120k Shop

79fba7158f2627f07b422a19811694ae.png

150k Shop

79e50dd07b2dd317e2f038e8e4627bb8.png

220k shop

nice pictures of houses! 

Bear 2.0 likes this

This has been in my head for 18 months now.  In fact, the Asylum Exchange was a "beta" version of this.  I played Star Wars Galaxies for years (yes, I know I'm old already) and one of my favorite parts of that was the merchant system in that game.  Once the server executable moves to 64 bit and we gain some stability, then I think something like this would be awesome.  We'd have to see how to limit the vendors a touch, but I'm not opposed to doing this (again mainly because I've wanted it for a year and a half myself).

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

This has been in my head for 18 months now.  In fact, the Asylum Exchange was a "beta" version of this.  I played Star Wars Galaxies for years (yes, I know I'm old already) and one of my favorite parts of that was the merchant system in that game.  Once the server executable moves to 64 bit and we gain some stability, then I think something like this would be awesome.  We'd have to see how to limit the vendors a touch, but I'm not opposed to doing this (again mainly because I've wanted it for a year and a half myself).

What are some of the basics you are thinking?  Like, we would man the shops ourselves? Purchase the shops and the profits go to us?  Or something different?  What sort of ideas are in your head with it?

1 hour ago, bamf said:

It would not be something you would man, it would be more like the AE - just in (well technically on) your house.  There would be a tax for sales, and talents to determine which types of items (as well as how many) you could place onto your vendor.  

If this happens can I reserve the un-used glass shop in kavala square next to red burger

2 hours ago, bamf said:

I'm super happy you like the idea ^_^

Sergey Shoygu and Horizon like this
On 1/15/2017 at 9:26 PM, Buckwalter said:

Maybe make it so as an owner you can set an amount similar to the fed and bank tasks where you get a bonus, but it works for the officer that processes the dude. Then the shop owner has to decide at what point he doesnt wanna spend more on the bounty amount at the expense of lost goods if that makes sense...

Edited by OGRoger
On 1/15/2017 at 9:26 PM, Buckwalter said:

I think if something like this happened the owners should have to supply the store with goods. Either illegal firearms they crafted, water they bottle at the coasts, and so on.  Shouldn't be as easy as just buying the store and it stocking themselves.

3 hours ago, HotWings said:

I think if something like this happened the owners should have to supply the store with goods. Either illegal firearms they crafted, water they bottle at the coasts, and so on.  Shouldn't be as easy as just buying the store and it stocking themselves.

Oh my you can do shop raids as a cop if they find anything illegal. The potential for some good roleplay here boys.

Edited by KrazyKnight
{-M-} and Eric916 like this