Prison

Prison  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite prison you would like to see returned?

• Pyrgos island prison
    • Lakatoro prison(Near air HQ)
    • Keep current prison

See the problem is this, in my opinion.

The original prison on Atlis was great for rebels, but not at all for cops. It was a quick peak battle all the time. The new prison is set do that rebels need to defend more than one spot and cannot just quick peak everyone. Its set up for a more advanced game play and can be great. I know some people have trouble with their frames, but i am luckly not one to suffer from that. Though i could imagine that stuck at low FPS makes it uninviting. Some fine tuning could keep it fun, 

BlackShot likes this
13 minutes ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

See the problem is this, in my opinion.

The original prison on Atlis was great for rebels, but not at all for cops. It was a quick peak battle all the time. The new prison is set do that rebels need to defend more than one spot and cannot just quick peak everyone. Its set up for a more advanced game play and can be great. I know some people have trouble with their frames, but i am luckly not one to suffer from that. Though i could imagine that stuck at low FPS makes it uninviting. Some fine tuning could keep it fun, 

it wasn't though. Cops just never realized that you cant bum rush a bridge that's 300m long and survive in a paper car. 

Jwilly likes this
On 1/16/2017 at 2:40 PM, Dork said:

it wasn't though. Cops just never realized that you cant bum rush a bridge that's 300m long and survive in a paper car. 

What other option is there really?  Orcas are paper to 7.62's, boats are slow and easy to shoot people out of.  The Pyrgos prison was ezpz for rebels.

Just remove the massive memleak heaven of the installed landmass and put the prison on land.

4 minutes ago, HotWings said:

What other option is there really?  Orcas are paper to 7.62's, boats are slow and easy to shoot people out of.  The Pyrgos prison was ezpz for rebels.

Just remove the massive memleak heaven of the installed landmass and put the prison on land.

box truck push xd

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

if cops had just a little bit of coordination, it could be easier. 

You, as well as many others have seen other rebels go to PB's and take over from the current rebels doing one. 

It all comes down to tactics and being able to shoot. Im not going to argue about this though. 

1 hour ago, Dork said:

You, as well as many others have seen other rebels go to PB's and take over from the current rebels doing one. 

It all comes down to tactics and being able to shoot. Im not going to argue about this though. 

You didnt answer the question, you just resorted to the common "just use organization" line.  

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

My option was to nitro the fence gate with a hunter while it was closed and get on top of the barracks roof

Edited by Pilot
Frizzy likes this
4 minutes ago, HotWings said:

That's still rushing the bridge and hoping not to get shot out lol.

Well I know I've done it a few times and I'd say it's pretty unexpected, so I've never even gotten close to being shot out. I saved them all on shadowplay of course but I'm not sure where in the 350gb it is..

But the real problem is that yes, you're right. Without a SGT+ to bring out some armored vehicles, and making people work together, it's hard for cops who don't play together to actually work together because of ego/lonewolfers/inexperience. Whereas the rebels who are doing the prison are at LEAST all buddies who have been working together long enough to form a gang.

Edited by Pilot
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

You didnt answer the question, you just resorted to the common "just use organization" line.  

He makes a point though... you cant just rush and then bitch if you die. It takes skill. The APD needs more teamwork trainings, and I personally think one every other month should be required. Most are fairly useless, but i did do one recently that was pretty spectacular.

Just now, OGRoger said:

He makes a point though... you cant just rush and then bitch if you die. It takes skill. The APD needs more teamwork trainings, and I personally think one every other month should be required. Most are fairly useless, but i did do one recently that was pretty spectacular.

The biggest issue is that anyone can be a cop. You don't have many cops who are actually good at the game most don't even use combat pace. So when people have 14 hours on arma 3 in the past month (asylum) they can be a cop.

Edited by signal
On 1/16/2017 at 2:15 PM, Noamigo said:

So I was wondering what was your guys' favorite prison and would you like to see it replace the current prison?

Pyrgos was and will be the best prison. I'm sure you guys have logs to check how many prison breaks have been done at the new prison right? @Gnashes

Edited by signal
Just now, Dork said:

telling you to use organization instead of trying to land an orca on the roof and hope to keep 1 guy alive for revives is answering a question? ????:shrug:

The point im making is you saying use organization and tactics, but how exactly do you plan on doing that?  You suggest not landing on the roof and not pushing the bridge. What else is left for you to do?  Snipe? That works well with enemies in a fortified position whom you cant reach from across the bridge and can res each other with ease.  Yes you can land on the back of the island, but you still needed to get thru the gate to get in. Guess what? You cant do that without exposing yourself to multiple assailants who are hiding behind unpenatrable walls.  No one said its impossible, but to try and claim its not unbalanced shows the bias involved.

Just now, OGRoger said:

In order to win the prison as a cop with the old system a push was required at some point or another.  Just because you manage to get to the walls doesnt mean the rebels are just going to throw their hands up an give up.  The entire end game up until this new prison was cops rushing everything and rebels defending everything.  That meta was changed with a new system and people cant handle it.  The prison itself creates aids, but the system is actually nice. It did what it was supposed to do in balancing the prison out.

Just now, signal said:

Just saying, it's obvious that no one really does them anymore cause they were done to fight cops. 

Exactly, and now that its not one sided they wont do it anyone.

Just now, HotWings said:

I mean you could do 2 man breaks at the old one but swat could still take you down if they got on the barracks or inside if you were in the right deer stand. With the new one where you need someone to run around and do activities all you really need to do is block the gate with a hemtt and it's the same thing as the old one just with terrible FPS

3 minutes ago, signal said:

I mean you could do 2 man breaks at the old one but swat could still take you down if they got on the barracks or inside if you were in the right deer stand. With the new one where you need someone to run around and do activities all you really need to do is block the gate with a hemtt and it's the same thing as the old one just with terrible FPS

Then fix the FPS and call it a day.  Its honestly aids, I avoid it at all costs.  The idea of having to do something other than quick peek forces one person off the tower and into a role.  One reason i like the fed over everything else is because it involves working to get what you want, not just camping until the timer is done.

20 minutes ago, HotWings said:

The point im making is you saying use organization and tactics, but how exactly do you plan on doing that?  You suggest not landing on the roof and not pushing the bridge. What else is left for you to do?  Snipe? That works well with enemies in a fortified position whom you cant reach from across the bridge and can res each other with ease.  Yes you can land on the back of the island, but you still needed to get thru the gate to get in. Guess what? You cant do that without exposing yourself to multiple assailants who are hiding behind unpenatrable walls.  No one said its impossible, but to try and claim its not unbalanced shows the bias involved.

In order to win the prison as a cop with the old system a push was required at some point or another.  Just because you manage to get to the walls doesnt mean the rebels are just going to throw their hands up an give up.  The entire end game up until this new prison was cops rushing everything and rebels defending everything.  That meta was changed with a new system and people cant handle it.  The prison itself creates aids, but the system is actually nice. It did what it was supposed to do in balancing the prison out.

If they gave me cop back, im sure i can teach the APD a thing or two :frog: Oh wait, i was too good so Durga blacklisted me...:shrug:

1. Swat Ladders 

2. Smokes

3. Armored Vehicles

4. Mk1's

5. Heli's 

6. more officers than rebels

7. You're own deerstands at the front

8. quick peeking

Need i go on? 

Rebels have

1. Mk1's

2. two fucking deerstands and sandbags that can be shot throug....

Its the cops mindset thats the issue, not how it was placed. 

Edited by Dork
4 minutes ago, Dork said:

If they gave me cop back, im sure i can teach the APD a thing or two :frog: Oh wait, i was too good so Durga blacklisted me...:shrug:

1. Swat Ladders 

2. Smokes

3. Armored Vehicles

4. Mk1's

5. Heli's 

6. more officers than rebels

7. You're own deerstands at the front

8. quick peeking

Need i go on? 

Rebels have

1. Mk1's

2. two fucking deerstands and sandbags that can be shot throug....

Its the cops mindset thats the issue, not how it was placed. 

I forgot everyone was a sgt or lt.

1 minute ago, HotWings said:

I forgot everyone was a sgt or lt.

SWAT....

great way to remove one item to the list. 

Personally, i think your a shitter of a cop 

You must have made the tactic drive into the bank wall at 330 with a hatch sport.

Its your biased opinion on thinking the Prison was OP for rebels when in fact it is'nt

People hover over arms in a littlebird and snipe people on cap, or use to, on the daily (No one fights :() I dont think a cop has ever used that strat before. 

^^ Oops, i added another item 

Edited by Dork

Well, I don't want to start an argument with anyone on the topic, but the reason I personally don't do this prison(And I'm sure this is the same reason for a lot of people.).

Is because I can't be anywhere NEAR that prison for more than 15 minutes before getting a memleak. Happens every time. Fight with 20 FPS for maybe 20 minutes, memleak, have to let the cops catch me and throw me in jail so I can restart my game.

Matthew likes this
2 minutes ago, Shepurd said:

I can't be anywhere NEAR that prison for more than 15 minutes before getting a memleak.

Yep. Even on cop it is hard to fight without lagging, let alone on civilian side it's like fighting hordes of zombies. First, you have to deal with the people who deploy as 'Prison Guards' and even if you do kill every single cop who responds to that, You still have to deal with a cop strider and SWAT and then even more cops afterwards. What is the point of trying to break people out of prison when instead of you breaking them out  you are risking either all of you losing your gear because of lethals or more people being sent to prison than was originally in there. You may as well do a bank if you're looking for kills, a fed if you're looking for money or just let your mate AFK/ALT-Tab for 45 minutes.

Edited by Matthew
On 1/19/2017 at 10:32 AM, Dork said:

I can agree with this, back when I was a sgt it was very difficult to assign people targets to suppress while I pushed across the bridge since people wanted to do thier own thing. Rebels always had advantage on prison island but us cops usually did not use good tactics