Hey guys, before I get into this, I'd like to say that this is very based on my opinion and I'd like to hear yours. Basically, here is what brought this to my attention. I go to heroin with a box truck, I see a hatchback sport, driving around and it was very obvious it was a UC cop. I take my Katiba out and started to full auto that bitch as an attempt to scare him off, and then I get in my car and book it out of there. He sirens and starts to chase me, I drive him to my gang member and he guns him down. Next the processor, we had to go there because there was only 10 minutes left, we're processing and all that, and then five minutes so we start to leave, the green tracer bullets flying and it's the same UC cop. No sirens or nothing, and I know thats fine but still come on man. I end up killing him and me and my friend escape to the drug dealer in Sofia, in the clear right? No, green tracer bullets start flying again. Friends goes down, I go out the back fence and he ends up shooting me and downing me, server restarts. 

How is this acceptable? NLR not a thing? They're using the UC privilege to go redzones constantly, and I know these were separate redzones but I've had other encounters with UC that did this, the story I described was the most recent one. However, these cops claim to be UC but they dress like fucking terrorists and fully geared rebels, it's extremely obvious. They have combat helmets, big ass MX's, and carrier lites. It's very obvious that they're not trying to blend in with civilians for roleplay and arrest purposes. They are clearly doing it in my opinion, for the perks that come with it. The cop that I described did not break any rules, but clearly does not follow NLR that I thought cops were supposed to abide by and it is obvious he was doing clearly to try and get revenge. I will not name a name because I have no quarrel with this guy, just with the rules UC follow. I think there should be a completely new rule set for them or their removal entirely. I mean come on, when was the last time a undercover tried to blend in with civilians and follow them around and stop them while doing illegal activities? Have you ever had that experience? Or have you had the experience that I've had with these type of cops?

Anyway, thanks for reading through this, call me a retard or whatever you like, I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe. 

6 minutes ago, Dork said:

That's just the thing. UC don't have rules they have to follow :) 

They do have to abide to normal processing as a cop, but for the most part, their rules are the same as civs. 

You'd think that they would make an effort to blend in though, not look and act like military commandos. Watch any movie about UC cops, that's def not what they do. (Not saying we should base this topic off a movie though).

3 minutes ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

when was the last time a undercover tried to blend in with civilians and follow them around and stop them while doing illegal activities?

TLDR; kidnapped a kid and a UC asked to follow me, eventually restraining me before I could kill the kid, all while the UC looked like a civ.

No gangs were fighting (a while ago) so I decided to go to Kavala and fuck around. Eventually I got arrested by a group of bounty hunters for a 5k ticket. So naturally, I wanted revenge (there was nothing better to do). So I got a decent loadout, killed 2 of the 3 then ziptied the other. I put the kid in my car and at this point a UC (didn't know at the time) was at Kavala square and witnessed this, he asked me if he could come so I said sure. He was blended in perfectly, I got to the ocean, started drowning the kid while laughing into my mic, then suddenly the UC fucker restrained me, and I start laughing even harder. The UC let the kid go and after sharing a few laughs I was let go. After that the UC and I rolled in a fucking Zamac (however you spell it) and  I had a fun night. Anyways, moral of the story is some UC officers can be amazing people.

Dredd likes this
33 minutes ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

Hey guys, before I get into this, I'd like to say that this is very based on my opinion and I'd like to hear yours. Basically, here is what brought this to my attention. I go to heroin with a box truck, I see a hatchback sport, driving around and it was very obvious it was a UC cop. I take my Katiba out and started to full auto that bitch as an attempt to scare him off, and then I get in my car and book it out of there. He sirens and starts to chase me, I drive him to my gang member and he guns him down. Next the processor, we had to go there because there was only 10 minutes left, we're processing and all that, and then five minutes so we start to leave, the green tracer bullets flying and it's the same UC cop. No sirens or nothing, and I know thats fine but still come on man. I end up killing him and me and my friend escape to the drug dealer in Sofia, in the clear right? No, green tracer bullets start flying again. Friends goes down, I go out the back fence and he ends up shooting me and downing me, server restarts. 

How is this acceptable? NLR not a thing? They're using the UC privilege to go redzones constantly, and I know these were separate redzones but I've had other encounters with UC that did this, the story I described was the most recent one. However, these cops claim to be UC but they dress like fucking terrorists and fully geared rebels, it's extremely obvious. They have combat helmets, big ass MX's, and carrier lites. It's very obvious that they're not trying to blend in with civilians for roleplay and arrest purposes. They are clearly doing it in my opinion, for the perks that come with it. The cop that I described did not break any rules, but clearly does not follow NLR that I thought cops were supposed to abide by and it is obvious he was doing clearly to try and get revenge. I will not name a name because I have no quarrel with this guy, just with the rules UC follow. I think there should be a completely new rule set for them or their removal entirely. I mean come on, when was the last time a undercover tried to blend in with civilians and follow them around and stop them while doing illegal activities? Have you ever had that experience? Or have you had the experience that I've had with these type of cops?

Anyway, thanks for reading through this, call me a retard or whatever you like, I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe. 

I Fully Agree with this guy! I've had the same problems with UC They just use it to just abuse it. O BTW (Record and report) there I said it before everyone else does lol.

Niao Hing likes this

It would be the best if cops didnt exist for some of you. UC is 3 slots per server corporal+ . I like how u want us to blend in when everyone just goes to player list or ts to scout out undercover officers... If you cant defend vs 3slots role then good luck fighting rebels. Btw there is no nlr and this is light rp server. In asylum you "survive" or leave and go play on hardcore rp where there is set of rules that prevents combat. 

Edited by AegonTargaryenTv
HotWings, Roice, Steve and 3 others like this
Just now, AegonTargaryenTv said:

It would be the best if cops didnt exist for some of you. UC is 3 slots per server corporal+ . I like how u want us to blend in when everyone just goes to player list or ts to scout out undercover officers... 

Good point, maybe remove the player part? Or remove the UC if they're so obsolete that they need to be played in such an opposite direction than it's purpose to be useful.

Just now, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

I did not know they can't remove the player list, and more is not better. Quality over quantity. Why have a feature that may be not as well built as others and dampening the experience? By that logic they could add tons of shitty features and you'd think it would improve quality. 

I get waht you are saying, but it's good getting a lot of features, some are bad ? Yes, but we can filter and the admins can remove the bad ones.
And the thing about the UC is to abide to no rules or the less as possible, it's more of a solo player and a sort of scout for the other cops, as it draws a lot less attention.
Undercover will only blend into a civ like a bounty hunter for new people, people that play frequently know the names of basically every cop in the server, i would like a feature where they could easily change names to blend in the crowd, but i don't think it would be too easy

3 hours ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

You'd think that they would make an effort to blend in though, not look and act like military commandos. Watch any movie about UC cops, that's def not what they do. (Not saying we should base this topic off a movie though).

Heh, the amount of times I try to dress the part and get to town and seconds later have a civ shouting "THIS GUY IS AN UNDERCOVER OFFICER EVERYBODY" just because he can go and check the players list. The other civs will just run up to me saying, I want to turn myself in(someone with like 1 hit and run), and I'm just like go away your blowing my cover. I'll even go to the effort at times to do a name change and use an accent to throw people off but still doesn't stop people. I don't have much to say about the initial post but as for this, sometimes its not worth the effort.

3 hours ago, Phantom Viper said:

Heh, the amount of times I try to dress the part and get to town and seconds later have a civ shouting "THIS GUY IS AN UNDERCOVER OFFICER EVERYBODY" just because he can go and check the players list. The other civs will just run up to me saying, I want to turn myself in(someone with like 1 hit and run), and I'm just like go away your blowing my cover. I'll even go to the effort at times to do a name change and use an accent to throw people off but still doesn't stop people. I don't have much to say about the initial post but as for this, sometimes its not worth the effort.

Yeah I completely understand, however three cops are generally just using it for soloing illegal areas rather than scouting. They're using it mainly to see how badass they are and how they can take down a situation all by themselves rather than communicating and using teamwork with the on duty officers like the APD promotes. Its just an excuse in my opinion to do these things that normal officers can't because they have the privledge of a different slot that they're not playing correctly. If someone is playing a spotter they shouldn't snipe, if you catch my drift.  I think UC should be remove entirely until they can't find a suitable replacement for the feature. With my encounter I believe they should have a NLR rule because they can keep fucking following you until you either finish the run or in cuffs. That opinion may be biased though so think what you will.

32 minutes ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

Its just an excuse in my opinion to do these things that normal officers can't because they have the privledge of a different slot that they're not playing correctly. 

I think UC should be remove entirely until they can't find a suitable replacement for the feature.

With my encounter I believe they should have a NLR rule because they can keep fucking following you until you either finish the run or in cuffs. That opinion may be biased though so think what you will.

Nothing you said in the original post indicates the UC did anything incorrectly. They follow the same rules as a uniformed officer minus initiation in illegal areas, though I know some who still do it.

Drug unit with a K-9? It's been requested adnosium. And I think maybe you'd like that LESS - ever seen CUJO? 

You could have just stored your phat lewt instead of being predictable. Welcome to PvP.

Edited by Dredd
Ren Zero, Vhantom, Roice and 1 other like this
4 hours ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

\.  I think UC should be remove entirely until they can't find a suitable replacement for the feature. With my encounter I believe they should have a NLR rule because they can keep fucking following you until you either finish the run or in cuffs. 

What is amusing every time is when people that dont have access to something want that removed. It's so easy since u dont have access to undercover let us just remove it who cares about all other cops that grind ranks to unlock some perks. 

Your whole post is one big rant because u lost a fight while doing drugs and now u want uc removed pretty much. 

Now with that out of the way let me give u a bigger image as someone who is obv. playing undercover

- You can blend in with new players and new players only because developers estimate that it would take to much time to build a whole system around undercover since it is 3 slots corporal + role. Again you are ranting about 3 slots on 100 slot server.

- Undercover is strong vs people that do drugs with pistols or otherwise "cheap build" and vs people that take no precautions. 

- I never heard anyone say undercover is op, we die so much at drug fields when people take precautions like placing someone to guard...

- You want nlr for apd. People come here because it is light rp which means that there is a lot of fighting but a lot of them want apd to be harcore just so they can stay out of their way while they farm drugs... 

All in all you need to step up your game and if you are not up for a risk that drug making is then go do legal things. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
16 hours ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

In a scripted movie the criminals dont look at the blufor list before logging in to see who the under cover cops are....Also you want an NLR, it needs to apply for everyone, you dont get to make one faction have it and not the other.  How many times do you see people respawn over and over to get pistols to try and kill people? 

You literally did exactly what was expected of someone being a noob and running drugs.  Next time dont be predictable.   

Undercover is working as intended.  Nothing needs to change.  

Also this is a rant from someone who get arrested, not a suggestion or proposed change, simply a rant.:shrug:

Edited by HotWings
AegonTargaryenTv likes this

>2k17 

>not realizing NLR is fucking retarded 

How many cops are usually on at a time? 5-10? 

Maybe 15+ if it's promotion time and everyones looking for their favorite lt/captain to cum on their face? 

If you rob a bank, there's going to be dozens upon dozens of cops responding. You kill a cop? Dozens upon cops. You rob the fuckin federal reserve? Dozens upon dozens of TANKS. FUCKING TANKS. 

NLR is more unrealistic than having no NLR. 

17 hours ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

When I get Corp. (Hopefully in feb. pray 4 me :frog: ) I plan on fucking around in Kavala and similar cancerous places in bambi clothes and a po7. Ill never understand why people run around in full gear in pistol banger areas. Its so obvious whos UC its laughable.

Juice (AKA Justin) likes this
1 hour ago, OGRoger said:

When I get Corp. (Hopefully in feb. pray 4 me :frog: ) I plan on fucking around in Kavala and similar cancerous places in bambi clothes and a po7. Ill never understand why people run around in full gear in pistol banger areas. Its so obvious whos UC its laughable.

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

criminals... look at the blufor list before logging in to see who the under cover cops are

I thought at first it would be easy to blend in as a fresh Bambi, but no, someone will eventually blow your cover, plus if cops around aggression system, everyone know you are a cop. Pardon someone, they read it, ticket someones they read it so unless you change your name every restart and use a voice changer every restart, blending even as a fresh Bambi is hard. So, after you realise that, you just go fully gear and get the pistol bangers with your mxm

14 hours ago, Dredd said:

Nothing you said in the original post indicates the UC did anything incorrectly. They follow the same rules as a uniformed officer minus initiation in illegal areas, though I know some who still do it.

Drug unit with a K-9? It's been requested adnosium. And I think maybe you'd like that LESS - ever seen CUJO? 

You could have just stored your phat lewt instead of being predictable. Welcome to PvP.

I just came back onto the server after like a year and did not have a house at the time, but I understand. I stated that I know he followed the rules and didn't break any, I just made a point in which I believe that they should modified, removed, or fixed. I believe NLR should be a thing for these officers, as in a sense, where they find you at one area they shouldn't camp the next because they can wait there. 

I do agree that UC's do take advantage of this role, I think that once they die from an area they cant come back for some time. Regardless if your running drugs or not, all Ive seen so far is a bunch of cops wanting to get a chunk of change because the UC's can run rampant across the map, Either way I think they need to tighten down the rules of the role regardless if its a light RP server or not, they sometimes just ruin fun for everyone quite frankly legally or illegally , How stupid does it sound for a cop you just killed to come back 3 minutes later?

Edited by HazedVision
8 minutes ago, HazedVision said:

I do agree that UC's do take advantage of this role, I think that once they die from an area they cant come back for some time. Regardless if your running drugs or not, all Ive seen so far is a bunch of cops wanting to get a chunk of change because the UC's can run rampant across the map, Either way I think they need to tighten down the rules of the role regardless if its a light RP server or not, they sometimes just ruin fun for everyone quite frankly legally or illegally , How stupid does it sound for a cop you just killed to come back 3 minutes later?

How stupid does it sound that the guy i just killed in Kavala respawns at teh gun store and kills me less than a minute later?  With cops atleast they have to travel back to an area. 

9 hours ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

What is amusing every time is when people that dont have access to something want that removed. It's so easy since u dont have access to undercover let us just remove it who cares about all other cops that grind ranks to unlock some perks. 

Your whole post is one big rant because u lost a fight while doing drugs and now u want uc removed pretty much. 

Now with that out of the way let me give u a bigger image as someone who is obv. playing undercover

- You can blend in with new players and new players only because developers estimate that it would take to much time to build a whole system around undercover since it is 3 slots corporal + role. Again you are ranting about 3 slots on 100 slot server.

- Undercover is strong vs people that do drugs with pistols or otherwise "cheap build" and vs people that take no precautions. 

- I never heard anyone say undercover is op, we die so much at drug fields when people take precautions like placing someone to guard...

- You want nlr for apd. People come here because it is light rp which means that there is a lot of fighting but a lot of them want apd to be harcore just so they can stay out of their way while they farm drugs... 

All in all you need to step up your game and if you are not up for a risk that drug making is then go do legal things. 

No need to get hostile, it is not a rant. I successfully got my drugs in that run, there was nothing for me to be mad about. It is merely just an opinion or an argument at this point, an argument which I can be undermined or you can. Now for me to rebuttal your point

- It may be a three plus role but there are only three major drugs. The officer can find you at one and track you down at the next step and next step. Players, are in the dark when it comes to cops, and killing one when you're doing illegal things is the most rewarding thing that you could possibly do, and that in my opinion Sure you can argue that you should take precautions and all that, but not everyone has a house with rebel gear stacked up. People run these things to make money to aspire to someday have that luxury. I personally, have one house with storage, I used to have five. I just came back onto the server and trying to get to where I left out, and I've been very happy that I've gotten so far in the time I've been back.

- And regular police are not?

- Well now you did, and this leads into another point. Since you believed bolding words for some strange reason, allow me to do the same. We are not all in big gangs who have the resources to do that. Sure I can have my money deprived gang member sit in a building with a katiba and watch me get money. That is logically the smartest thing to do, but not the most practical. And if you say this a rant for the change/removal of UC, this point is completely invalid to your thesis, because once I was caught I took precautions and managed to kill him 2/3 times. 

- Let me boil down the definition of the New Life Rule that I suggested. Heres an example to start out with, if you kill two cops at an illegal area, they shouldn't come back to try and arrest you further, and I'd say they cannot come to the next processor and camp you out, because they have no previous memory of the last encounter. However, if you kill one officer, the alive one can call for backup, or be able to give info to his other officer as a relayed witness. Nevertheless, I have not ever seen a pair of officers ride my ass to each part of an illegal area, not once. For Undercover, they come and see you at the processor, they could either engage you or do the smartest thing in my opinion, call for backup. They should be scouts, not arresting officers. If they engage, the NLR should be set in place in case they die, and in the case that they do, they cannot camp your criminal ass out at the next processor. Like I stated earlier, the reward should be killing the officer and getting away. Also from the rule set I've been informed about, if you kill them at a processor/field, they can keep coming back. What's the point this? All these points the people who have actually played UC are proving the role to be obsolete. They can look at the player list? Or people can blow your cover? All of this, just proves that it is not a undercover officer, and it's just a ruleless cop who has badass gear and a badass gun. 

I don't believe stepping up my game will solve the problem of undercover officers, and clearly I was up to the risk as I killed him 2/3 times. 

3 minutes ago, HazedVision said:

That is NOT a excuse for cops returning after death, does it make since EVEN ON A LIGHT RP SERVER if one person wipes out the cops and they show back up 2 minutes later, Um I dont think so, Your argument is invalid sir. 

Cops call for backup, so actually my argument makes 100% more sense than it being ok for a civ to respawn at the gun store and shoot you in the back 50 seconds later.  

5 hours ago, HotWings said:

In a scripted movie the criminals dont look at the blufor list before logging in to see who the under cover cops are....Also you want an NLR, it needs to apply for everyone, you dont get to make one faction have it and not the other.  How many times do you see people respawn over and over to get pistols to try and kill people? 

You literally did exactly what was expected of someone being a noob and running drugs.  Next time dont be predictable.   

Undercover is working as intended.  Nothing needs to change.  

Also this is a rant from someone who get arrested, not a suggestion or proposed change, simply a rant.:shrug:

Didn't get arrested, not ranting, got my 40k in drugs. Just want a change, a simple change. Undercover is working for people who want to have no rules as a cop. Your post is an extremely unreasonable post as you are not open to any suggestions nor willing to take in any other peoples opinions. "Undercover is working as intended. Nothing needs to change" (Hotwings 27900 MLA format bitch). This was the most unreasonable statement of the year.

Just now, HotWings said:

Cops call for backup, so actually my argument makes 100% more sense than it being ok for a civ to respawn at the gun store and shoot you in the back 50 seconds later.  

Can you read the post? I said if a group takes all of you guys out then you have no reason to come back there just by pure idiocy does your argument make any since whatsoever, If the server is ran like that then It just needs to be called cops vs robbers and shouldn't be affiliated with anything relevant or close to roleplay

1 minute ago, Juice (AKA Justin) said:

Didn't get arrested, not ranting, got my 40k in drugs. Just want a change, a simple change. Undercover is working for people who want to have no rules as a cop. Your post is an extremely unreasonable post as you are not open to any suggestions nor willing to take in any other peoples opinions. "Undercover is working as intended. Nothing needs to change" (Hotwings 27900 MLA format bitch). This was the most unreasonable statement of the year.

You offered no suggestions, you literally just cried about a cop coming back multiple times and said he shouldnt be able to....

2 minutes ago, HazedVision said:

Can you read the post? I said if a group takes all of you guys out then you have no reason to come back there just by pure idiocy does your argument make any since whatsoever, If the server is ran like that then It just needs to be called cops vs robbers and shouldn't be affiliated with anything relevant or close to roleplay

Did you not read the post where cops use a radio to call for back up from cops who are not on scene yet?

Just now, HotWings said:

Did you not read the post where cops use a radio to call for back up from cops who are not on scene yet?

Im talking about an entirely different scenario buddy, cops only have so much backup before it just begins to be stupid if 8 cops show up and there are 8 on the server and then they all get killed, there is no reason for those cops to come back in this so called "RolePlay" Server

Just now, HazedVision said:

Im talking about an entirely different scenario buddy, cops only have so much backup before it just begins to be stupid if 8 cops show up and there are 8 on the server and then they all get killed, there is no reason for those cops to come back in this so called "RolePlay" Server

But its acceptable for civs to come back as much as they want? You make 0 sense "bud"

Just now, HotWings said:

You offered no suggestions, you literally just cried about a cop coming back multiple times and said he shouldnt be able to....

" Hey guys, before I get into this, I'd like to say that this is very based on my opinion and I'd like to hear yours

I offered suggestions in some of my replies, but I'm not a developer. Therefore, I cannot accurately give a suggestion to fix something. I suggested three very broad things, NLR, a ruleset, or the worst case removal of the (in my opinion) obsolete role entirely. I also suggested little things such as removing the player list, which as I stated earlier, I don't know if you can do. Heres another suggestion: Hide their names when arresting other players. Still, don't know if they can do such a thing, that's why I didn't suggest it. 

They're two separate factions with two different rule sets. That argument doesn't even apply.

They do apply evenly, you want it to be ok for you to come back and kill people after you die, but NOT ok for cops to be able to come back... You dont get to give one faction a NLR and not give the other a NLR. All things should be applied equally.  

It's acceptable for civilians to pick drugs and officers can't?

UC can actually fake picking up items :shrug:

Edited by HotWings
Mike Stmria likes this