Anyone here fly sUAS (drones)?

bamf

1 hour ago, Mr.Purple said:

I have the DJI Phantom 4 pro that I've had for a few months, I wanted to buy the DJI Mavic Pro but I got a discount on the Phantom.

I saw a P4P in the park near me about 2 weeks ago.  The guy came over and let my kid fly it for a bit.  Really nice little drone there.

Mr.Purple likes this
7 hours ago, Boris said:

I've been looking at these but essentially you're just paying a premium for a flying camera.

Sure, but it's a flying camera capable of (usually) taking 4k video and high resolution stills. You are also paying for the advanced software that the higher end drones have on them. If you are into photography, then they are awesome new tools to have. 

Also it's just fun to fly things. 

Flameless and g1ant like this
2 hours ago, bamf said:

Sure, but it's a flying camera capable of (usually) taking 4k video and high resolution stills. You are also paying for the advanced software that the higher end drones have on them. If you are into photography, then they are awesome new tools to have. 

Also it's just fun to fly things. 

So say you arent into the photography aspect of it, isnt it essentially just a cool looking RC helicopter? My dads been a United pilot for 30 years and was hyped when he got his but never uses it and wont let me touch it cause im prone to being a fucking moron. :FeelsBadMan:

1 hour ago, OGRoger said:

So say you arent into the photography aspect of it, isnt it essentially just a cool looking RC helicopter? My dads been a United pilot for 30 years and was hyped when he got his but never uses it and wont let me touch it cause im prone to being a fucking moron. :FeelsBadMan:

Hah.  Yes, it can just be a cool little flying quadcopter if that's what you want.  The feature set on the DJI drones is really fantastic.  The thing about the Mavic that is awesome is the size.  It folds down to about 8x3.5x3.25 inches which is ridiculously small.  I can throw this thing into my laptop bag and not really add that much weight or size to what I'm carrying.  

I've got some experience with the DJI drones for commercial and film work. In London police are pretty strict when it comes to flying anything in public areas, probably going to be the same in Frankfurt so watch out for that. You can usually go in, get the shot and get out, if you're lucky they'll show interest in it and you can get away with flying it, it all depends on the area.

Just don't be this guy :D

• 3 weeks later...

excuse the necro but first time on forums in months. i have 4 currently and my dji phantom 4 is by far my favorite... the maverick is a good drone, but to small and can't do what my phantom 4 can.  i also have the yuneec typhoon h , phantom 3 pro, and dji inspire. 

going with DJI alone is the best choice when it comes to drones 

Edited by KillZone