hello it's me

I don't know that I'm a 'self-proclaimed' gangster. I'm from the mean streets of West Linn, Oregon, and I've seen things and been through things that somebody like you, in your little pearly loft, couldn't even relate to. If you're asking me to share stories with you, that are frankly none of your business, maybe I'll give you a couple and maybe you'll take that little smug look off your face.

I can date back to when I was 11-years-old. I'm minding my own business and I'm in a park. This guy, a stranger to me, takes a piece of gum out of his pocket. He puts it in his mouth and then he just throws the wrapper on the ground. He publicly litters. And I saw that! I had to see these things at a young age. Sure, somebody came along, picked it up, and threw it in a trash can, but for the few moments where that sat on the ground and the law was violated in my neighborhood...

What about the time I’m on the sidewalk and I watch a guy cross the street and he’s not even within the lines. He’s publicly jaywalking. There was a police officer standing right there, he didn’t do anything. HE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!

We have chaos. We have anarchy at times in West Linn. There were years when my father didn't even make a-hundred-grand—or barely made a-hundred-grand—and sure we had a maid, but she only came twice a week. What do you think happened the other five days? You think those dishes washed themselves? You think those clothes got themselves in the hamper?

My neighbors were twins, they got a Mercedes for their birthday but just one. They had to share that car, they had to share that car. Who gets to drive today? I had to see these things. You ask me about being a gangster? You think I’m afraid of a 75 lb Gremlin lookin ass? You haven’t seen the things I’ve seen. You haven’t been down that way. You haven’t experienced what I’ve gone through. You haven’t been to the mean streets of West Linn, Oregon.

explicit likes this
  • 1 month later...