Bounty Hunter Suggestion

TL:Cant Read

Can there be a system where either all bounty hunters, or experienced (Master BH w/ Honor) can pick and choose the 4 marks they want to hunt

Me and my group of friends have found bounty hunting to be a rewarding past time (Barring Combat Loggers) but have all at one point wished we could pick from a list of bounties as apposed to be randomly assigned them.

I'm not asking for Full wanted list access and willy-nilly vigilante access. but i would like to pick my 1-4 targets, since the game giving me "Insert 4 guys from the Same OP Gang" isnt really all that great.

So What I'm thinking is, this can be implemented in two ways

1)All bounty hunters get a choice: You have to go to the bounty hunter shop/Skip tracer and there is a bulletin board/Computer with who is wanted and for how much, and you get to claim 1-4 of them, and those are your marks. Then its just like it is now, you have to hunt em down, tag em, bag em, and throw them in jail. 

2)Master Bounty Hunters get a choice: Make it a skip tracer only thing as a second tier Honor talent(Or first tier [1000-ish] honor, and it says that you've done your time as errand boy, and now you get to pick your own marks. You have to go to skip tracer to access the computer, but from there you can pick your bounties at your discretion, especially if in your career of bounty hunting, you have made your back ally deals and have gotten "Sponsors" and "Do not Pursue bribes or threats"

With both options, we can still have the random target function of the Bounty App, but if you take the time to go back to base/shop, you get the option to pick.

I know a lot of people prefer that Gang Rebel life, but for someone who wants to be the good guy from time to time, having to wait for bounty slots to clear is a pain, especially when some bounties are for gang-bangers doing gang banging type stuff. I personally would like to track mass murderers(RDMers) and low level muggers, as that would have a bigger impact in the cities where civilians are just trying to make a decent living. (Plus. The large gang on my server has payed and threatened my team handsomely to leave them alone *Cha-Ching*)

Björn Winsmore likes this
5 minutes ago, B. Santos said:

I'm not asking for Full wanted list access and willy-nilly vigilante access. but i would like to pick my 1-4 targets, since the game giving me "Insert 4 guys from the Same OP Gang" isnt really all that great.

Press 1 for a full list of wanted people. So you're asking that instead of the random assignment, that you get to pick your bounty? Then whoever has a big bounty will have a lot of people after them, including cops. Really risky to play then. The random assignments limit how many people are after you then.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
Crossfade likes this
2 minutes ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Cops who are on the warrent slot can't even choose, and they only get one. I think this is asking for way too much. BH are a "contract ' company... to be more armed and better utilized would defeat the purpose of the police force. 

While I Agree, I should, since i am a bounty hunter, be able to pick my bounties, I get a list of who Tanoa/altis PD want brought in, i pick the one i think i can handle. 

8 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Press 1 for a full list of wanted people. So you're asking that instead of the random assignment, that you get to pick your bounty? Then whoever has a big bounty will have a lot of people after them, including cops. Really risky to play then. The random assignments limit how many people are after you then.

Bounty hunters Can only see the wanted/crimes(1 menu) of their 2-4 marks. And for most of us bounty hunters, we would be avoiding those with the largest bounties for the simple fact they have those bounties becuase they are in "Owns All the land" Gang and are surrounded by 6+ other people that besides downing, we dont get to handcuff like the cops can.

I suggested this system becuase there are plenty of medium level bounties that i would rather pursue, than always getting 'Gangbanger 1' of 'All the Cartels Gang' for 500k+. That would be an awesome takedown, but is nearly, if not always impossible.

I, and some if not most of my friends, dont want this system to go balls deep on guys with 100k+ bounties, We want this system becuase we want to go after the more minor criminals.

I feel like the idea of the vigilante is to go after the small fish so that the cops have more time to go after the cartels/gangs.

I feel like a bounty hunter is more of a militia in the absence of cops. Even with MXs, the fact we cant lethal or restrain non marks means that if our marks posey outnumbers us, the takedown is not going to happen.

As a prior bounty hunter, one of the reasons why I resigned my ways and became a rebel was that the contracts would always take me half way across the globe. This was never an issue on Altis, but with Tonoa, this may include Island hopping and other hardships. The system is fine as is, but we could improve it.

17 minutes ago, Norwegianviking said:

As a BH I agree with this but I would like an Honor talent or something similar that makes it so you won't get bounty's bellow 10k

I've also been told not to add that as well. Finding a solution for people softlogging is my next mission.

Just now, Gnashes said:

I've also been told not to add that as well. Finding a solution for people softlogging is my next mission.

I hope you don't intend to make it impossible to swap bounties. Sometimes you can't always get a team going and are forced to play alone or with one or two friends. Getting all gang bounties when there are 12 members on is a pain in the ass. 

A system where you can only get a new bounty at skip say once every 5-10 minutes would be nice. Also if it prevented you from getting the same bounty twice unless there are no other bounties to get.

Just now, Legit said:

I hope you don't intend to make it impossible to swap bounties. Sometimes you can't always get a team going and are forced to play alone or with one or two friends. Getting all gang bounties when there are 12 members on is a pain in the ass. 

A system where you can only get a new bounty at skip say once every 5-10 minutes would be nice. Also if it prevented you from getting the same bounty twice unless there are no other bounties to get.

In-tandem would be the ability to drop and select a single new bounty every 5 minutes or so. But the whole soft-log until you get the bounties you want is kinda bullshit.

54 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

In-tandem would be the ability to drop and select a single new bounty every 5 minutes or so. But the whole soft-log until you get the bounties you want is kinda bullshit.

Couldn't agree more, I commonly see people just initiate and down anybody in a town they see committing a crime and then just getting their friends to softlog till they pull the bounty. Another suggestion could be the option to toggle badge being located in the phone it as seems to always get in the way of normal tasks. Most players don't use it unless cops are around anyway.

Edited by Legit
Just now, Legit said:

Couldn't agree more, I commonly see people just initiate and down anybody in a town they see committing a crime and then just getting their friends to softlog till they pull the bounty. Another suggestion could be the option to toggle badge being located in the phone it seems to always get in the way of normal tasks. Most players don't use it unless cops are around anyway.

Issue is lack of space. Admins can't hold another button.

6 hours ago, Coyote said:

No. BHs are lucky enough as it is that they are almost on par with the APD.

Except for that bit where we can only restrain our mark, and that we have to pay top dollar for our gear. But that is besides the point. 

This post is there because In my case, and im sure other peoples cases it isnt about getting top dollar bounties, I rarely pursue them, becuase if the person has 100k+ its probably becuase they outgun me and my partner/team. Again, I want this, becuase i feel in RP and the hierarchy of law, the bounty hunter is there to mop up minor crime, while you badass geared cop types get to go after the gang types.

1 hour ago, Metz said:

no need to change lol, stop trying to get your bounties in Kavala so you don't have to drive anywhere.

First, I'm on the tanoa server, Second, I don't mind driving to my marks, its the getting there, and being outgunned because my mark is actually part of a team of 8 coke smugglers and i can only really down and restrain 1 of them.

34 minutes ago, B. Santos said:

Except for that bit where we can only restrain our mark, and that we have to pay top dollar for our gear. But that is besides the point. 

This post is there because In my case, and im sure other peoples cases it isnt about getting top dollar bounties, I rarely pursue them, becuase if the person has 100k+ its probably becuase they outgun me and my partner/team. Again, I want this, becuase i feel in RP and the hierarchy of law, the bounty hunter is there to mop up minor crime, while you badass geared cop types get to go after the gang types.

I'm still fine with how it is now. If you get a big enough team together, you are bound to get the bounties you want to go after out of the random draw as a team.

12 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

If you have a big bounty, things should get very risky for you.  Even at that though, if many bounty hunters are competing for the same bounty they will fight each other just as much as they will go after the intended bounty.

The pick does seem to over powered but I do agree just change a couple things. I think they should add a system where u can choose small medium or large bounties because getting 4 bounties over 300k that are all in the same gang at a cartel is very annoying. Second I think there should be talents u can learn them and they will make the range the bounty can be from u smaller because when me and my friends are hunting in pygros then get 4 people in kavala it is very annoying.

An ability to drop one target every 5 to 10 minutes and get a new one would probably also reduce the number of people that just softlog until they get your bounty.  It also works the opposite way so I don't see much of a balance issue in doing it.  People w/high bounties will often DC a lot to shake BHs.  You know who you are.

Silver-Spy likes this