House lights

I think the server should add lights to houses. Lights would make the houses look a lot nicer and not needing nvgs in ur house all the time would also be nice. It doesnt matter if the lights just turn on when u hit a switch or if u need to buy lamps from the home improvement, just add some kind of lights. I was recently on a server that when I bought a house I could scroll and turn on lights would appear. If I would click the button the room became all lit up. The lights don't need to be fancy chandeliers or anything just add lights.

Just now, J0keR. said:

Meh they they should fix that battleye thing first before they add anything new 

This wouldn't affect server memory. Just a bit of network traffic for the creation/deletion of the light source.

Most difficult part would be getting relative positions for each house model to attach the lightsources to. If anyone wants to take the time, feel free.

Just now, J0keR. said:

But why does the battleye bullshit happend 

The server executable using more than 3GB of RAM. Mostly due to persistent variable and memory leaks (i.e, Wanted system and errors in crate initialization, respectively)

Just now, Gnashes said:

This wouldn't affect server memory. Just a bit of network traffic for the creation/deletion of the light source.

Most difficult part would be getting relative positions for each house model to attach the lightsources to. If anyone wants to take the time, feel free.

Is there any possibility of someone taking the time to add this tho because it would be very nice 

Just now, sjack43 said:

Is there any possibility of someone taking the time to add this tho because it would be very nice 

If someone found good places to stick the lights on the ceiling of each building, it would take minimal effort. I could likely do that much.

16 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Just spawn a Chem light at the position of the house. Lighting engine doesn't take into account walls so the whole house would be illuminated