Few ways to improve Rebel Life/Cartels.

Just a couple suggestions, you don't have to agree. (This thread won't have anything to do with pilotcoveralls since clearly the Devs won't do anything about it.)

1. Add a rebel market/vendor at Arms Dealers. 

- This would mean the Devs would add a vendor to the Arms Cartels so defenders can buy Mags, Market stuff(Redgulls, Tactical Bacon, Lockpicks etc) and clothing. However, you CANNOT buy weapons (To stop it being to OP, making it fair for both teams)

2. Add some more of those custom ifrit skins (Maybe even for everyone??)

- Those ifrit skins like the Asimov ones are sick, we definitely should get some more like it. 

3. This is suggested a lot, but increase group cap, 12 simply isn't enough for gangs that actually play. (15 would be a good region for now).

4. Slightly buff some of the drug runs (Cocaine, Heroin) by like 5-8% more.

5. Please take out East Arms, it's fun to fight maybe 1 in 15 fights, people don't like it and refuse to fight it. (Atleast reduce the chances of it being picked, I feel like East is picked literally every 2 in 3 restarts)

6. More talents for rebel's, maybe even our own type of "honour" tree.

@bamf @Paratus

Edited by Eazy
Xehons, BioHazard, Metz and 5 others like this
23 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Just a couple suggestions, you don't have to agree. (This thread won't have anything to do with pilotcoveralls since clearly the Devs won't do anything about it.)

- This would mean the Devs would add a vendor to the Arms Cartels so defenders can buy Mags, Market stuff(Redgulls, Tactical Bacon, Lockpicks etc) and clothing. However, you CANNOT buy weapons (To stop it being to OP, making it fair for both teams)

- Those ifrit skins like the Asimov ones are sick, we definitely should get some more like it. 

3. This is suggested a lot, but increase group cap, 12 simply isn't enough for gangs that actually play. (15 would be a good region for now).

5. Please take out East Arms, it's fun to fight maybe 1 in 15 fights, people don't like it and refuse to fight it. (Atleast reduce the chances of it being picked, I feel like East is picked literally every 2 in 3 restarts)

+1 for everything

especially the honor tree for rebels

Xehons likes this
23 minutes ago, Eazy said:

1. Add a rebel market/vendor at Arms Dealers. You avin a giggle?

2. Add some more of those custom ifrit skins (Maybe even for everyone??) Variety is always good.

3. This is suggested a lot, but increase group cap, 12 simply isn't enough for gangs that actually play. (15 would be a good region for now). Big +1.

5. Please take out East Arms, it's fun to fight maybe 1 in 15 fights, people don't like it and refuse to fight it. (Atleast reduce the chances of it being picked, I feel like East is picked literally every 2 in 3 restarts) So many people asked for it back and the forums where cancer due to the other locations they had instead so i think its good for now.

6. More talents for rebel's, maybe even our own type of "honour" tree. Would need major balancing.

38 minutes ago, Eazy said:

@bamf @Paratus

1. Never gonna happen.

2. Sure and I agree for everyone

3.The cap is there for a reason. It's only a 100 player server and it's not going to be full except on weekends and holidays so having groups that big is simply not fair. Paratus doesn't want you to have to kill 15 people to cap the cartel. That is not intended for the gameplay on Asylum. Go to CQC or KOTH or something if you want bigger teams to fight with.

4.Very much agree. and make it so weed is slightly more than diamonds. what's the point of doing weed if the price point for diamonds is identical you may as well do legal diamonds... 

5.yup

6. Master Rebel :kappa: 

Rebels are already ridiculously overpowered as is. If anything is needed rebels need to be nerfed for more fun to be had throughout the server.

As @Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said before, I believe it would be beneficial if rebels had to make a stop at a legal area to launder the money from cartels before selling it at a rebel market. As of right now, cartels are a safe haven for rebels, making it a relatively safe way to make money. This is not only breaking the economy but also making it where cops will not see the majority of rebels the entire time they are on.

Edited by Cynica
5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Cocaine in the last 7 days has sold 15% more units for about 35% of the total price of Meth.

Cocaine is also the Ranked 5th in "most money made" in the last 7 days.

Cocaine, ranked 5th, when it should probably be ranked 1 or 2. Almost all drug runs aren't worth doing due to it being far to risky for the reward.

Xehons likes this
4 minutes ago, Cynica said:

Rebels are already ridiculously overpowered as is. If anything is needed rebels need to be nerfed for more fun to be had throughout the server. As @Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said before, I believe it would be beneficial if rebels had to make a stop at a legal area to launder the money from cartels before selling it at a rebel market. As of right now, cartels are a safe haven for rebels, making it a relatively safe way to make money. This is not only breaking the economy but also making it were cops will not see the majority of rebels the entire time they are on.

You want to see rebels? Go out and find them. You're complaining rebels do rebel things, that's like complaining that pasta tastes like pasta

Apci likes this
5 minutes ago, Cynica said:

Rebels are already ridiculously overpowered as is. If anything is needed rebels need to be nerfed for more fun to be had throughout the server. As @Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said before, I believe it would be beneficial if rebels had to make a stop at a legal area to launder the money from cartels before selling it at a rebel market. As of right now, cartels are a safe haven for rebels, making it a relatively safe way to make money. This is not only breaking the economy but also making it were cops will not see the majority of rebels the entire time they are on.

a_0.gif

Xehons, Mike Stmria, Apci and 2 others like this
Just now, Cynica said:

Rebels are already ridiculously overpowered as is. The fact that you continue to ask for more astounds me.

I commonly swap between all three play styles, In general rebel is powerful but lacks the depth the other classes have. Cops (Corp+) have 3 different classes, bounty hunters have two. The only thing rebels do exclusively is cartels and explosives. 

What I think would be good for just the life of every player is just some more information on ban lengths and rules. Everybody makes mistakes or gets a bit too drunk and their actions could potentially lead to a perm ban regardless of if they have a history of offences or not. It would be nice to get just some transparency and guidelines to reduce the amount of bias. I know the system is pretty locked in so the chance of modification is minimal so no expectations but some of the bans I see seem less than fair. 

9 minutes ago, Cynica said:

Rebels are already ridiculously overpowered as is. If anything is needed rebels need to be nerfed for more fun to be had throughout the server.

As @Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said before, I believe it would be beneficial if rebels had to make a stop at a legal area to launder the money from cartels before selling it at a rebel market. As of right now, cartels are a safe haven for rebels, making it a relatively safe way to make money. This is not only breaking the economy but also making it where cops will not see the majority of rebels the entire time they are on.

OP.

How about we give the cops a group cap of 12. and let rebels have unlimited group and see how long you last. 

Shit. put it on a training. Have 12 cops with CSAT & 7.62 VS an oriented gang of unlimited numbers with 6.5.

Bet we win.  

1 minute ago, Eazy said:

You want to see rebels? Go out and find them. You're complaining rebels do rebel things, that's like complaining that pasta tastes like pasta

Cops cannot enter a contested cartel unless we have active pursuit. Rebels should at no time have a place where they can go to nullify the cop force as it breaks the game. This is especially a problem early in the morning when all the trash gets on to ghost cap cartels.

Eric916 likes this
Just now, Cynica said:

Cops cannot enter a contested cartel unless we have active pursuit. Rebels should at no time have a place where they can go to nullify the cop force as it breaks the game. This is especially a problem early in the morning when all the trash gets on to ghost cap cartels.

It's one place, it's called "letting the rebels have their fun" because see if all the money hungry cops like you, got your way, there wouldn't be any rebels. You guys can check LITERALLY EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING YOU WANT apart from a contested cartel

4 minutes ago, Dork said:

OP.

How about we give the cops a group cap of 12. and let rebels have unlimited group and see how long you last. 

Shit. put it on a training. Have 12 cops with CSAT & 7.62 VS an oriented gang of unlimited numbers with 6.5.

Bet we win.  

Remember that as cops we are forced to put ourselves in a dangerous situation. As a rebel you have the option to avoid these situations altogether if you so choose.

9 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Cocaine, ranked 5th, when it should probably be ranked 1 or 2. Almost all drug runs aren't worth doing due to it being far to risky for the reward.

I agree, somewhat. The problem is the majority of drugs are done when no one is on because no one wants to take any risk at all anymore. The majority of people have over $1,000,000 and still are only doing drugs when no one is on.

Edited by Cynica
1 hour ago, Eazy said:

@bamf @Paratus

1. No, makes it spray and pray for defenders, you get what you bring.

2. Who will pay for the servers if they are free?

3. People complained when it was 10, be happy with 12

4. Fully agree

5. People wanted it back so much before and now complain about it, better solution is move the cap so its not in the tower and only around the sandbags, making the tower something good for defending but is not too good.

6.  Why?

13 minutes ago, Churu said:

1. This is to stop the defenders having to constantly having to go to rebel for ammo. Let me explain this, not sure if you fight cartels, probably not. So, example:

Tenacity defends church against Prime, Prime lose. Tenacity with now probably half the mags, either a) defend at a severe disadvantage or b ) we go to rebel. (Going to rebel can cause some major issues on getting a fight. This will cause Tenacity and Prime to now fight at rebel and not cartels, leads to sidechat arguments, etc etc. Not good. However with a simple and easy fix, whatever gang has the Arms fully capped, can now purchase only Mags, Redgulls and Clothes.)

2. Me and you both know adding a couple cosmetic skins for free isn't going to be the downfall of the server, put some thought into it.

3. I complained when it was 10, complained when it was 12, I will keep complaining till we get whats needed.

4. -

5. -

6. Adds more depth to rebels activities, as all we really can do is a bank or a cartel.

11 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Just curious, but why should coke be 1st or 2nd?  

6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Scotch, Meth, Pure Cocaine, and Dirty Money are 1-4 in no particular order. I disagree with your assessm

Well never really thought of Scotch, but pure cocaine is obviously going to be there due to its severe OP'ness with no risk. Focusing on only servers 1-4 the ideal run should be cocaine. Meth, well people really only run meth from their house due to its severe length. Dirty money, well it's not exactly hard to just drive 6km and sell 100k. Scotch, same for meth. 

Edited by Eazy
Just now, Eazy said:

Well that would make sense yes, but can you statistically show when the money is made in translation to how many Blufor or even people were on the server?

I cant speak for the Dev team, but, I know there was talks about a reward system for running/selling drugs when the higher number of Blufor is online.

Risk/Reward system.

Budbringer likes this
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

It made sense when the APD fought "Super" gangs without a group cap.

Brings back the "mind-less" drone mentality with it.  At least now cops have to choose to gear up or not.

You could still force them to gear up whether it was free or not. *not saying it should be as I believe cops make plenty of money*

6 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

No more arguing over over powered sides please.  Keep this constructive to the post.  

Give ideas to the rebel "honor" tree rather than arguing rebel vs APD.

Rebel honor tree? I think either myself or someone else made a post about it a while back, but from the top of my head

Ideally the system wouldn't be honor; we're rebels, it would be something like "Reputation" or something

Reputation system:

Discounted rebel -

1. Discounted Rebel I - 5% discount on all purchasble rebel items.
  2. Discounted Rebel II - 10% discount on all purchasble rebel items
  3. Discounted Rebel III - 15% discount on all purchasble rebel items 

Bang for your buck - 

1. Chop Shop Payout I - 5% more money from chopping vehicles
  2. Chop Shop Payout II - 10% more money from chopping vehicles
  3. Chop Shop Payout III - 15% more money from chopping vehicles

More Gold! -

1. Gold Bar Payout I - 5% more money from selling a singular Gold Bar
  2. Gold Bar Payout II - 10% more money from selling a singular Gold Bar
  3. Gold Bar Payout III - 15% more money from selling a singular Gold Bar

I have more ideas just a bit busy atm

*This tree would work the exact same as bounty hunters would, same difficulty, same style.

Edited by Eazy
37 minutes ago, Azeh said:

I'm not surprised you were the one to comment something so dumb.

Don't just tell me it's dumb, tell me why it's dumb. Hard to have a conversation or a debate when you wont share your viewpoints.

36 minutes ago, Eazy said:

It's one place, it's called "letting the rebels have their fun" because see if all the money hungry cops like you, got your way, there wouldn't be any rebels. You guys can check LITERALLY EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING YOU WANT apart from a contested cartel

Without a proper risk vs rewards system the entire economy breaks. I know you all think you want infinite money without the risk but I promise you that you don't.

Just now, Cynica said:

Don't just tell me it's dumb, tell me why it's dumb. Hard to have a conversation or a debate when you wont share your viewpoints.

Without a proper risk vs rewards system the entire economy breaks. I know you all think you want infinite money without the risk but I promise you that you don't.

Why do cops even preach risk versus reward to civs?  You have cheap loadouts and it's fucking easy to make lots of money on cop, all the while doing whatever you please.  There is no "economy" when most people blow their money on civ and then go on cop to make it all back.

FudgeR and .Sean like this