Change log 7.10.0

bamf

Prime did a prison break last night.

1) Cops spawned right in the middle of the courtyard. They all died immediately.

2) SOME guards spawned behind the fence where I think they're supposed to be.

3) The doors in the barracks were already open.

4) "Disable building security" did nothing. It said "It's already unlocked/opened" or something to that effect.

5) Disabling the power started the prison break but nothing else was able to be done.

6) The gates weren't a lockpickable unit and had no scroll wheel option.

Unsure if a PB had already been done that restart.

BlackShot likes this
1 hour ago, Atmosphere said:

I don't think he's new here, it's just that the only people who know you here on the forums make fun of you. To the rest you're pretty much unknown.

If you would all like to join in on a pissing match we can leave this thread and create a new one. @Haych @Atmosphere @g1ant

Please just PM me the link to the new thread once you all pull your head out of your ass.

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Prime did a prison break last night.

1) Cops spawned right in the middle of the courtyard. They all died immediately.

2) SOME guards spawned behind the fence where I think they're supposed to be.

3) The doors in the barracks were already open.

4) "Disable building security" did nothing. It said "It's already unlocked/opened" or something to that effect.

5) Disabling the power started the prison break but nothing else was able to be done.

6) The gates weren't a lockpickable unit and had no scroll wheel option.

Unsure if a PB had already been done that restart.

Your pb was the first one of the restart last night

I really must thank you for finally moving it however if it is this bugged in the way were it does not work could we not just revert it to an old prison that worked while you guys try and fix it on dev server? I do really like the ide of the prison but at the same time if it aint working then whats the point in having it, wont do the servers any good both for new players and old players. I havent tried it yet so i can only "speak" from what i've heard and read. Thanks for moving it atleast <3

massi likes this
1 hour ago, Mahdizzle said:

I really must thank you for finally moving it however if it is this bugged in the way were it does not work could we not just revert it to an old prison that worked while you guys try and fix it on dev server? I do really like the ide of the prison but at the same time if it aint working then whats the point in having it, wont do the servers any good both for new players and old players. I havent tried it yet so i can only "speak" from what i've heard and read. Thanks for moving it atleast <3

I just need to get a few people to play cop on dev and we'll see why the cops spawned where they did.  None of that code changed, but perhaps there is something else going on.  As for the doors being opened, that shouldn't be the case either.  

I'll be around tomorrow though, so I'll knock out the bugs.  The prison is not moving back to the old island or mechanic.  I converted the prison back to the island on Pyrgos and Paratus and I both think that is a terrible downgrade both visually and in functionality.  

In terms of the prison though, if you go in the full order I listed above it should all work.  I tested it that way with Eleec on dev Wednesday and we were able to fully complete a prison break.  Now I just have to de-Arma the things that Arma does and it will be fine.  

Mahdizzle likes this
Just now, bamf said:

I just need to get a few people to play cop on dev and we'll see why the cops spawned where they did.  None of that code changed, but perhaps there is something else going on.  As for the doors being opened, that shouldn't be the case either.  

I'll be around tomorrow though, so I'll knock out the bugs.  The prison is not moving back to the old island or mechanic.  I converted the prison back to the island on Pyrgos and Paratus and I both think that is a terrible downgrade both visually and in functionality.  

In terms of the prison though, if you go in the full order I listed above it should all work.  I tested it that way with Eleec on dev Wednesday and we were able to fully complete a prison break.  Now I just have to de-Arma the things that Arma does and it will be fine.  

Nvgs at skiptracer. Thank you

40 minutes ago, bamf said:

I have faith in you papa bless <3

7 hours ago, bamf said:

Also, can you add a general store to skip tracer?

Norwegianviking likes this
Just now, Budbringer said:

Dont hate on all the highranking cops just because you got kicked out of the apd :)

lel

I don't give a shit, I only played it for the money. Once they nerfed money on cop I quit playing it. All the highers ups are dbags that think they have some type of power because they are a "high rank" on a video game. :frog:

Just now, Phil. said:

I don't give a shit, I only played it for the money. Once they nerfed money on cop I quit playing it. All the highers ups are dbags that think they have some type of power because they are a "high rank" on a video game. :frog:

Sure, didnt give a shit. Well judging from the tantrums you made back then and after, it doesnt look like you didnt give a shit. That looked more like a 12 year old getting his phone confiscated by his mom

5 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Sure, didnt give a shit. Well judging from the tantrums you made back then and after, it doesnt look like you didnt give a shit. That looked more like a 12 year old getting his phone confiscated by his mom

No... I actually didn't. Don't give a shit about being a cop or RPing as a cop. Just wanted the money so I didn't have to make it on civ. That's really all cop is good for.

Just now, NotSoNutty said:

I like the masks... but it is way to easy for some kids to VDM the shit out of you and get away with it. We can't see their name with binocs if they kill us in the process.

Exactly, this game mechanic can easily be abused by people to VDM players with no negative repercussion for their actions as finding their names in certain situations is impossible, I enjoy it for RP purposes but its flawed in certain ways, Using the binocs is a good alternative but you cant exactly use it in a car being rammed by an ifrit or by the time the scenario is over the person is more likely gone.

Garcia likes this
2 hours ago, Voni said:

Exactly, this game mechanic can easily be abused by people to VDM players with no negative repercussion for their actions as finding their names in certain situations is impossible, I enjoy it for RP purposes but its flawed in certain ways, Using the binocs is a good alternative but you cant exactly use it in a car being rammed by an ifrit or by the time the scenario is over the person is more likely gone.

well what about making vehicular manslaughter an automatic charge. that can be tracked.

Edited by Brandon
Voni, Kettles and Garcia like this
On February 3, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Phil. said:

No... I actually didn't. Don't give a shit about being a cop or RPing as a cop. Just wanted the money so I didn't have to make it on civ. That's really all cop is good for.

On February 3, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Phil. said:

Look at that guys, it's an APD Lieutenant trolling on the forums. Why don't you go do something useful? Like make the APD not a heaping pile of shit.

Seems they've made good progress with removing you..

Anyways, patch notes. I agree that the mask stuff, while cool, also makes it more difficult to hold people accountable for breaking rules. I honestly think the face covering feature opened a sort of Pandora's box here, and I'm not sure what the solution is short of removing it or making the visibility radius much larger.