Rules and laws on non-lethals?

partyboycs

Are non-lethals treated as lethals when it comes to rdm? 

Say if someone says "hands up or die" to you, then you immediately put your hands up, then they taze you that is considered rdm correct? (considering the new rules that you cant just kill someone after they put their hands up)

I find a lot of people abusing non-lethals especially in Kavala, tazing people for no reason, and re-tazing them multiple times without any punishment.

- Another question.. This one pertains to laws instead of rules; If you have done nothing wrong (and have no bounty) and someone says hands up to you, you refuse and then they taze you, what should their crime be? Is that not "attempted murder" ? I had someone do that to me at least 5 times and the cop charged him with nothing, didn't even take away his bounty license.. and besides that scenario being law breaking is that rule breaking to or is that allowed? (Telling innocent people to put their hands up when you have a tazer, I thought bounty hunters weren't supposed to do that to innocent people, at least on the old server I used to play on)

Thanks for any help, I know I asked a lot of questions.

1 minute ago, partyboycs said:

Say if someone says "hands up or die" to you, then you immediately put your hands up, then they taze you that is considered rdm correct? (considering the new rules that you cant just kill someone after they put their hands up)

I find a lot of people abusing non-lethals especially in Kavala, tazing people for no reason, and re-tazing them multiple times without any punishment.

- Another question.. This one pertains to laws instead of rules; If you have done nothing wrong (and have no bounty) and someone says hands up to you, you refuse and then they taze you, what should their crime be? Is that not "attempted murder" ? I had someone do that to me at least 5 times and the cop charged him with nothing, didn't even take away his bounty license.. and besides that scenario being law breaking is that rule breaking to or is that allowed? (Telling innocent people to put their hands up when you have a tazer, I thought bounty hunters weren't supposed to do that to innocent people, at least on the old server I used to play on)

1. Yes, anything pertaining shooting someone, lethal or no lethal falls over RDM rule

2. As a cop they can be charged with attempted manalaugther, but it's up to the cop. You are subject to any kind of shooting regardless of bounty if proper hostile RP is engage with you or your group/gang. 

I suggest to go over the server rules so you can be more informed on this. Also you might want to talk a look at the APD guidebook to see cop rules and policies. 

Make sure you check both threads for faq grey area questions.

Pd: I'm on the phone, will post the links later, sorry. 

Olivia likes this
35 minutes ago, partyboycs said:

From a cops perspective, if you're downing random ass people multiple times for no reason, it's misuse of a bounty hunter license, I am taking the gun and the license and your getting all the applicable charges; attempted manslaughter, discharge in a city

Atlas1 likes this
45 minutes ago, Mike Santamaria said:

1. Yes, anything pertaining shooting someone, lethal or no lethal falls over RDM rule

2. As a cop they can be charged with attempted manalaugther, but it's up to the cop. You are subject to any kind of shooting regardless of bounty if proper hostile RP is engage with you or your group/gang. 

I suggest to go over the server rules so you can be more informed on this. Also you might want to talk a look at the APD guidebook to see cop rules and policies. 

Make sure you check both threads for faq grey area questions.

Pd: I'm on the phone, will post the links later, sorry. 

Server rules can be found here: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10-server-rules/

And the APD police policies can be found here (it's quite a bit longer than the server rules, but you might be interested in it all): http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Asylum_Police_Department_Dashboard

GLHF @partyboycs let us know if you have any other questions

Beifang Ming and Mike Stmria like this
18 hours ago, partyboycs said:

Yes misuse of non-lethal rounds in an RDM form is still bannable, but you mainly just want to stay out of kavala lol.

Just now, Mr. Linux said:

If you initiate with one cop, can you kill all cops ?

Can all cops kill you if you initiate with one cop

This goes on the grey area questions of the servers. But yes you are engaged with all cops in the area. They can shoot you, you can shoot them after proper engagement.

Since the main topic was solved I will lock this, Thanks everyone for their help.

Mr. Linux likes this