This is Basically 90% of New Player's Experiences

ryan999

Spends an hour wreck salvaging.

50% of the time on way to jewelry store/ATM, get robbed.

Decides to do something different, saves and buys a HEMTT to go medium-yield mining.

Meets some friendly players at quarry.

Spend 15 minutes processing 600+ worth of inventory.

Friendly players from quarry manage to follow you and hide at Mineral Processing.

Get robbed, expensive truck goes and gets chopped.

Saves enough for a helicopter @ $50k. 

Does some DP missions thinking they'd be "safe" and leisurely via helicopter.

Gets robbed at DP in the middle of nowhere, helicopter gets stolen.

Bye Asylum Life, it's been a pleasure wasting my time.

DJB, BlackShot, Nugget and 19 others like this
15 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Well as a general rule, going solo with something you can't afford to lose is a recipe for disaster. 

Keep it simple in the beginning, meet some people, get a group, and get comfortable fighting for your shit. 

as a rule in eve online as well. if you cant afford to lose it, dont fly it.

39 minutes ago, ryan999 said:

Decides to do something different, saves and buys a HEMTT to go medium-yield mining.

Friendly players from quarry manage to follow you and hide at Mineral Processing.

A lot of that are pit falls for a new player (Traps).

Ive played for 3 years and I wont pull out a hemmit unless my gang is around for that reason. Excavating is a tricky buisness as well because of it being in cities that people tend to want to kill each other in, and DP missions are screaming to land a helicoptor that everyone wants to rob.

I suggest you take things the easier way, Join a gang - Do drugs together in normal vehicles and make a killing. 

Everything you have done so far makes your life harder. Ive played a shit ton of hours here and I would be afraid to do half that stuff because I know how easy it would be if I was the one robbing me. Stick to things the smarter way not the risky way.

If you ever change your mind and want to come back I can help point you in the right direction for things and ill give you enough for a box truck to get started.

Sandwich, Steve, sakha and 4 others like this
48 minutes ago, ryan999 said:

Does some DP missions thinking they'd be "safe" and leisurely via helicopter.   *Server crashes, heli burns on the ground*

Fixed a few things

Edited by Phil.

It was basically all your fault, you just need to learn some basics and almost all of this wouldn't happen.

Don't use a big-expensive truck if you can't defend it or can't afford to lose it.
Using a HEMTT for mining is too dumb, you need to drive it near high-pop areas, your truck is a big chunk of metal, you can't even hide it properly when processing minerals.

Begin slowly, get a group of people, do some weed or mining(in small vehicles), when you get enough money get a box truck and do heroin, slowly you will be making friends, being able to defend yourself, after two weeks of playtime try joining the APD, you can find some friends there etc.
Just start it slow, follow Murphys Law and you will have a good time.

BioHazard and Mr. Linux like this
39 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Well as a general rule, going solo with something you can't afford to lose is a recipe for disaster. 

Keep it simple in the beginning, meet some people, get a group, and get comfortable fighting for your shit. 

Not if you are a bad ass like myself then you can solo everything.  GG noobs GG

Aether likes this
2 hours ago, ryan999 said:

its called learning. how would you know what not to do without tryin shit out. its not a waste.

on any game if you die on the first few tries are you just gonna quit? or are you gonna learn from the times you died what to do and what not to do?

Lol the safest ways of making money (at least alone) I've found are the longest ways of making money. Wreck excavating about 3km West of Pyrgos, then taking back-alleys to the jewelry store (which has an ATM immediately behind the bldg). I was doing Wreck Runs at Kavala in < 20 minutes. The distance to shipwreck/walk to Jewelry store for Pyrgos turns it into about 30 minutes, though.

I actually managed to pull $200k last night after writing the original post.

Also found the best times are when server pop is extremely low, because everyone else is too busy drug running to mess with you.

@Berus are there any guides floating around the forums for weed running? Is it as timely/profitable as wreck salvaging?

Edited by ryan999
3 hours ago, ryan999 said:

Lol the safest ways of making money (at least alone) I've found are the longest ways of making money. Wreck excavating about 3km West of Pyrgos, then taking back-alleys to the jewelry store (which has an ATM immediately behind the bldg). I was doing Wreck Runs at Kavala in < 20 minutes. The distance to shipwreck/walk to Jewelry store for Pyrgos turns it into about 30 minutes, though.

I actually managed to pull $200k last night after writing the original post.

Also found the best times are when server pop is extremely low, because everyone else is too busy drug running to mess with you.

@Berus are there any guides floating around the forums for weed running? Is it as timely/profitable as wreck salvaging?

If you already have $200k, weed is useless, try finding a group of people and try making money with them, drugs will be a lot easier, if you are alone tho, i would recommend excavating since you can just watch a video while doing it.
Also if you are making money, make sure you(or your group) don't have a bounty of $2k or higher, since bounty hunters can get a track on you and rob you easily)

Mr. Linux likes this

As a lot of people have said. Try to make a group, a gang will work kind of better because of the perks. Join a small one that wants to recruit you and show you the game. There are plenty on the recruitment section. 

Being a a lone wolf on this game mode and Asylum is really hard. A lot of people will try to get your stuff if you can't defend it.

You just need to bite through the sour apple, with experience you'll get better.

I can make a good 1,5mil-3mil a day and it ain't even "hard" you just need to exactly know what to do and when.

But truth the be said, there are alot of moments that will fuck you over and waste alot of time and it happens to everyone. So if you can't handle it, Asylum isn't really for you.

Maybe check out playing cop, it's a safe way to make money and you're able to run no/low risk.

Dredd likes this
1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

You just need to bite through the sour apple, with experience you'll get better.

I can make a good 1,5mil-3mil a day and it ain't even "hard" you just need to exactly know what to do and when.

But truth the be said, there are alot of moments that will fuck you over and waste alot of time and it happens to everyone. So if you can't handle it, Asylum isn't really for you.

Maybe check out playing cop, it's a safe way to make money and you're able to run no/low risk.

3 mil a day? Do tell

18 minutes ago, Bandit said:

3 mil a day? Do tell

Meth: 

Gather 500 phosphorus/hydrogen with a HEMMT Box up north, store it in my meth house.

Run Box Truck from Ephedra to house till 500 is reached. (Box truck due increased risk)

I watch series meanwhile doing this, just once every 2mins or so to empty inventory

Make sure you own Drug Cartel

Depending on active cops/gang people online i will choose a size of vehicle to run the ingredients to lab.

When to process the meth is really where the knowledge comes in, on server 2 i know who would show up and where cops would be when online. I haven't been caught once for the last idk 3-5k meth i've made.

S5 Cocaine is also a great way to make money, haven't done it myself but once you have your 99 allies on that server you're setteled.

Capping Cartels on any server when the amount is high by just afking it with an SDAR is good risk/reward vs time.

Being a scummy bounty hunter sitting in donor town when gangs are fighting. (Catch high bounties by downing unarmed people)

The last one is quite uncommon and will not share because it might ruin that market, but FSA knows whats up ;)

All in all it requires good knowledge of game mechanics, know when to make money and when not to. Minimize time you waste, don't make money while being wanted, Having the right relationships, knowing alot of players on the servers and occasionally having the friends to back you up.

Edited by Midamaru
BlackShot, Bandit and ryan999 like this
3 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Meth: 

Gather 500 phosphorus/hydrogen with a HEMMT Box up north, store it in my meth house.

Run Box Truck from Ephedra to house till 500 is reached. (Box truck due increased risk)

I watch series meanwhile doing this, just once every 2mins or so to empty inventory

Make sure you own Drug Cartel

Depending on active cops/gang people online i will choose a size of vehicle to run the ingredients to lab.

When to process the meth is really where the knowledge comes in, on server 2 i know who would show up and where cops would be when online. I haven't been caught once for the last idk 3-5k meth i've made.

S5 Cocaine is also a great way to make money, haven't done it myself but once you have your 99 allies on that server you're setteled.

Capping Cartels on any server when the amount is high by just afking it with an SDAR is good risk/reward vs time.

Being a scummy bounty hunter sitting in donor town when gangs are fighting. (Catch high bounties by downing unarmed people)

The last one is quite uncommon and will not share because it might ruin that market, but FSA knows whats up ;)

All in all it requires good knowledge of game mechanics, know when to make money and when not to. Minimize time you waste, don't make money while being wanted, Having the right relationships, knowing alot of players on the servers and occasionally having the friends to back you up.

This is probably why I enjoy/continue to play even though the suck comes in once in a while. There's a lot more strategy involved than it just being a life sim. KOTH has been boring the past 2 years. Yell at team to get in AO, pop out a Varsuk and cap a few tanks, down a few jets. Repeat for 400 hours and its just no fun. Altis Life/Asylum is what you make it. Just powering through the garbage moments and enjoying the great ones.

It's not that anyone is really a jerk (besides the intentional RDM/VDM'ers), they're just playing the game for what it is. Have met some cool people, have met some not so cool people. For the most part, folks are generally helpful in Side Chat and giving great advice. The guides on these forums are phenomenal.

Word of advice to the other nubs that reach this post -- just stick around a while, it gets more fun (minus all the server down-time lately). Don't spam side chat with the same question 500 times, check these forums and learn the game mode.

Excavating is safe, just keep an eye out near jewelery store and make sure no one is nearby before going near it and always keeping your gun out is also good to keep you ready to fight and to prevent someone looking for an easy robbery, 60% of people wont rob someone ready to shoot them and rather engage someone that doesnt have a gun for no risk