Monthly donation rewards

If the donation goal is reached each month, the first 15 days of the next month, everything will be -50%, 1 or 2 free keys, forum tag could work, +10% more money on all money making methods for 15 days, some kind of exclusive content for all players if the donation goal is reached for 15 days? idk...

Edited by NotSoNutty
Metal Fox likes this

Dear @Paratus @bamf @Olio

Firstly, update the donation page with up to date rewards, donors should know exactly what they are getting for the level they are paying for. People don't know what they are paying for, how is that sort of mindset going to work out at all, especially for a business like Asylum. You can't be like "I'm paying out my own pocket now" because not enough money is coming in when you don't even tell your future donors what rewards they'd be getting after paying.

Now that the Loot Crate hype is pretty much died down and they are being sold at a discounted value, a nice addition to donors would be that they receive Keys every month depending on what donor level they are, as OP stated, obviously Paratus would come up with some decent numbers. It will be a nice way for Donors to still feel like they are receiving something new every month, it's something to look forward to. These monthly rewards can be small. Also no harm in adding Donor TS and Forum tags.

Ever since the whole Donor Town and Hatchback issue, we all know Donor income significantly dropped, and nothing has been done to actually improve it. Just because Loot Crates filled in the hole for income, it doesn't mean you should ignore the hundreds of users that payed for Donation Levels.

BlackShot, Toasted, Asim and 4 others like this
Just now, Haych said:

Dear @Paratus @bamf @Olio

Firstly, update the donation page with up to date rewards, donors should know exactly what they are getting for the level they are paying for. People don't know what they are paying for, how is that sort of mindset going to work out at all, especially for a business like Asylum. You can't be like "I'm paying out my own pocket now" because not enough money is coming in when you don't even tell your future donors what rewards they'd be getting after paying.

Now that the Loot Crate hype is pretty much died down and they are being sold at a discounted value, a nice addition to donors would be that they receive Keys every month depending on what donor level they are, as OP stated, obviously Paratus would come up with some decent numbers. It will be a nice way for Donors to still feel like they are receiving something new every month, it's something to look forward to. These monthly rewards can be small. Also no harm in adding Donor TS and Forum tags.

Ever since the whole Donor Town and Hatchback issue, we all know Donor income significantly dropped, and nothing has been done to actually improve it. Just because Loot Crates filled in the hole for income, it doesn't mean you should ignore the hundreds of users that payed for Donation Levels.

+1

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

#1 - Olio can't touch the website. Bamf doesn't make money from this, so I don't really see him taking the time to do it either.

#2 - I seriously doubt that BI would allow this, for what it's worth. I also kinda doubt Paratus would want to do it anyway.

#3 - That is the fault of Bohemia changing their own rules. Donator levels give exactly what they always have, less the things Bohemia decided to no longer allow. Donation Levels actually got a lot of new content when I added the rest of the Apex skins in, so I'm not exactly sure what you're saying with "nothing has been done to improve it."

You don't even play here, why are you so invested in what we do?

Shows how much they care about donators

Haych likes this
35 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Not how it works fam.

Bohemia has every server community by the balls. They also have a habit of nuking our BattlEye for any "suspected infringement" without doing any fact checking of their own first to verify the claims. (For example, the most recent "strike" was someone reporting leftover donation level reduction calculations in vehicle purchasing scripts which have been commented (and therefore inactive) for over a year now)

We're also limited in that we don't want to add a shitload of new skins, because then our mission file will grow exponentially. (Who wants to download a 100MB mission to join a Life Server for the first time?)

If it weren't for the strict monetization rules, and the Civ II Ghandi-esque enforcement of said rules, Asylum could offer a lot more.

Talking about the Donor page and items also it's nice to know what we get for money but we don't due to the page being outdated. And not everything is about money it's about the people who spend the money as well.

58 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I wonder why he doesn't play, Gnashes?

Probably because of bullshit like this, people like you completely dismissing people's posts and suggestions since the beginning of time, and there is no notion of progress. Why does it matter, anyway? It's obvious he still cares for the server he invested so much time in and it is equally as obvious that you don't give any fucks as always.

Why are other people not playing?

Their suggestions are being ignored, the same shit keeps happening, etc. It's a pattern of bullshit. Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Metz and Haych like this
2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

#1 - Olio can't touch the website. Bamf doesn't make money from this, so I don't really see him taking the time to do it either.

#2 - I seriously doubt that BI would allow this, for what it's worth. I also kinda doubt Paratus would want to do it anyway.

#3 - That is the fault of Bohemia changing their own rules. Donator levels give exactly what they always have, less the things Bohemia decided to no longer allow. Donation Levels actually got a lot of new content when I added the rest of the Apex skins in, so I'm not exactly sure what you're saying with "nothing has been done to improve it."

#1 - They still have some what power to have a say in these concerns even if they can't directly do anything. If Paratus doesn't care about what @Olio has to say as a Community Manager, then gg community.

#2 - If BI has approved the sale of Loot Crates, what matters if its based on a single purchase or monthly reward? They don't care how you sell the item, how much you sell them for etc.., as long as the item is approved to be sold.

#3 - "donation levels got a lot of new content" - Refer back to my first point, how is the community going to know what you're adding to Donor Levels if there is no pinned information anywhere on the website. Do you get the logic here? because I don't. And don't even bother saying you posted it in a thread somewhere, because we all know how that goes, buried only for a handful of people to see.

Why does it concern you if I still play on the servers or not, I am still a active member of this community. I would play on the servers if stability wasn't such a big issue, again, thats for another time. 'Invested' I care about the community, I enjoyed playing on Asylum before the stability got out of hand and hope to return when everything is all fixed. You're acting like i'm not a part of the community. One does not actively have to play the servers to show hes concerns, i've played enough to know the issues and put them across for positive change.

thero, explicit, 544heu and 2 others like this
11 minutes ago, Haych said:

#1 - They still have some what power to have a say in these concerns even if they can't directly do anything. If Paratus doesn't care about what @Olio has to say as a Community Manager, then gg community.

#2 - If BI has approved the sale of Loot Crates, what matters if its based on a single purchase or monthly reward? They don't care how you sell the item, how much you sell them for etc.., as long as the item is approved to be sold.

#3 - "donation levels got a lot of new content" - Refer back to my first point, how is the community going to know what you're adding to Donor Levels if there is no pinned information anywhere on the website. Do you get the logic here? because I don't. And don't even bother saying you posted it in a thread somewhere, because we all know how that goes, buried only for a handful of people to see.

#1 - These decisions really come down to what Paratus would like to do and what is ideal for him to do. At the very least I think donators should be recognized in some fashion. I'm working with him to make some forum changes so we can get some secondary group icons to show that way we can recognize those that have helped keep our server running. 

#2 - A monthly subscription/donation would be a good idea, and I think would be cool especially with discounted keys etc, but as Gnashes said BI really has every single server out there around the balls. They see one thing, or something is reported, and as we have seen they have tried to shut BE down for something that was not even true, but due to their own ability to read how the code works they started spamming our favorite message. We try to find way to make the donation system work and as fair as possible and of course complying with BI's Monetization policy, but the sad thing is they make it hard for servers like ours that bring them customers and bring them profit for their company to operate.  It's always in the back of the development teams mind on ways it can get better but there are so many hoops and hurdles that have to be jumped through to please Bohemia.

#3 - As for the "donation levels" - its something I will pass onto Paratus but it is ultimately his decision.

BlackShot, Haych and Asim like this
10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think that we should be allowed as a community to see how much we need to donate a month to keep the servers up running. As Haych said the loot crate boxes have died down in hype and I'm sure there isn't that many still purchasing keys. There should also be a donation goal per month and if we hit that than we as a community should get new items or skins or 50 percent off on weapons, or something of that matter. A lot of us still care for this community and want to keep it running as long as possible but others seemed to moved on.

As for showing how much is donated, I do not believe that will ever happen, and honestly it's none of your business nor mine. The problem with showing that amount, will result in people that see "oh we met the goal stop donating" well then maybe next months is short of what is required to "pay the bills". So it's a double edged sword. A lot of people tend to forget that for quite awhile while things slowed down Paratus was shelling out thousands of his own money to keep this server running. There are still people purchasing keys. Like anything else things die down, but I know for a fact that people are still buying them. I've been on servers that run a donation goal where everyone gets something, it's a good idea and Im sure something Paratus has thought of. 

544heu likes this
59 minutes ago, Olio said:

As for showing how much is donated, I do not believe that will ever happen, and honestly it's none of your business nor mine. The problem with showing that amount, will result in people that see "oh we met the goal stop donating" well then maybe next months is short of what is required to "pay the bills". So it's a double edged sword. A lot of people tend to forget that for quite awhile while things slowed down Paratus was shelling out thousands of his own money to keep this server running. There are still people purchasing keys. Like anything else things die down, but I know for a fact that people are still buying them. I've been on servers that run a donation goal where everyone gets something, it's a good idea and Im sure something Paratus has thought of. 

They do have PSD files available for Marksman weapons. I bet some people would kill for weapon skins. Just allow people who have a weapon skin (say for the MK1) to be able to buy the black variant (check faction CIV) (also testfor player has skin equipped in phone drop down menu). The black variant would receive the skin selected in the players GUI. 

Even if its not applied to a different weapon variant, I'm sure you could make a way for the server to 'force load' a skin by adding an option in the phone. 

Also. They have textures available for Plate Carriers and other vests. If you make something rare enough, people will want it, just so they can wave it around and grow their e-peen. 

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Not how it works fam.

Bohemia has every server community by the balls. They also have a habit of nuking our BattlEye for any "suspected infringement" without doing any fact checking of their own first to verify the claims. (For example, the most recent "strike" was someone reporting leftover donation level reduction calculations in vehicle purchasing scripts which have been commented (and therefore inactive) for over a year now)

We're also limited in that we don't want to add a shitload of new skins, because then our mission file will grow exponentially. (Who wants to download a 100MB mission to join a Life Server for the first time?)

If it weren't for the strict monetization rules, and the Civ II Ghandi-esque enforcement of said rules, Asylum could offer a lot more.

tbh, the file used to be like 7k and now its 35k~

I dont think people would mind if it went up to 50k~ or more. 

So you have to download for another minute or two. Who cares at this pont? 

1 hour ago, Olio said:

Paratus must be this all knowing wizard with an IQ of 200.

I mean everything we mention he must have though of already :) 

Just saying. 

6 minutes ago, Dork said:

Paratus must be this all knowing wizard with an IQ of 200.

I mean everything we mention he must have though of already :) 

Just saying. 

If not I just mentioned the idea to him :)

Just saying.

544heu likes this
43 minutes ago, Axe said:

They do have PSD files available for Marksman weapons. I bet some people would kill for weapon skins. Just allow people who have a weapon skin (say for the MK1) to be able to buy the black variant (check faction CIV) (also testfor player has skin equipped in phone drop down menu). The black variant would receive the skin selected in the players GUI. 

Even if its not applied to a different weapon variant, I'm sure you could make a way for the server to 'force load' a skin by adding an option in the phone. 

Also. They have textures available for Plate Carriers and other vests. If you make something rare enough, people will want it, just so they can wave it around and grow their e-peen. 

Unfortunately you can't skin Weapons, Helmets or Vests without modding the server. Baffles me why BIS hasn't allowed it considering you can almost skin everything else. Would be awesome if we was able to do that though.

Just now, Haych said:

Unfortunately you can't skin Weapons, Helmets or Vests without modding the server. Baffles me why BIS hasn't allowed it considering you can almost skin everything else. Would be awesome if we was able to do that though.

Ahh, this I did not know. Well. TIL I'm god-awful at texture editing

*closes ArmA 3 tools*

:frog: 

3 hours ago, Olio said:

#1 - These decisions really come down to what Paratus would like to do and what is ideal for him to do. At the very least I think donators should be recognized in some fashion. I'm working with him to make some forum changes so we can get some secondary group icons to show that way we can recognize those that have helped keep our server running. 

#2 - A monthly subscription/donation would be a good idea, and I think would be cool especially with discounted keys etc, but as Gnashes said BI really has every single server out there around the balls. They see one thing, or something is reported, and as we have seen they have tried to shut BE down for something that was not even true, but due to their own ability to read how the code works they started spamming our favorite message. We try to find way to make the donation system work and as fair as possible and of course complying with BI's Monetization policy, but the sad thing is they make it hard for servers like ours that bring them customers and bring them profit for their company to operate.  It's always in the back of the development teams mind on ways it can get better but there are so many hoops and hurdles that have to be jumped through to please Bohemia.

#3 - As for the "donation levels" - its something I will pass onto Paratus but it is ultimately his decision.

Bohemia Interactive is very strict when it comes to monetization. as someone who has run Multiple Arma 2 and Arma 3 servers. ive had bohemia shut down Battle eye and caused issues with my servers. so i'd have to say that i don't blame the owners for being very cautious. ive closed down my servers a year ago and had a strong community but didn't want to deal with BI anymore and their monetization rules that make it hard for servers to self sustain.

3 hours ago, Olio said:

putting a donation goal is a bad idea, as stated above when i ran servers i'd have 1000$ some month when server box's would cost 400$/Month. and some months we would barely reach our goal and used money from previous months. putting a goal would make some people refuse to donate due to server having sufficient funds for that specific month. 

i would have to agree that "donation levels" don't seem very worth it and would need change if you'd like to make it more appealing, but i'd have to agree that its not an easy task. good luck

Edited by General Baked Potatoes
10 hours ago, NotSoNutty said:

If the donation goal is reached each month, the first 15 days of the next month, everything will be -50%, 1 or 2 free keys, forum tag could work, +10% more money on all money making methods for 15 days, some kind of exclusive content for all players if the donation goal is reached for 15 days? idk...

lol I actually like this idea.

• 1 month later...