Asylum Server | Gray area FAQs | Please post your questions!

Can you explain to me how initiation works for cop? I was downed by a cop who told me to simply "leave the hq". I was leaving and another cop downed me - no action was taken even though he did not initiate properly. 

If a cop tells me to leave the HQ, is he allowed to shoot? I was under the impression that you were supposed to give an ultimatum such as "leave the HQ or you will get tazed/shot/downed/etc". @Olio

Edited by massi
22 minutes ago, WilliamS said:

Even windows that don't have any glass and the house is not locked? By no glass I mean the stone houses.

There is no in-game mechanic that would allow you to access a house other that vaulting your legs through a wall. So no. It should not be done. Use a door. If it's one of those small tin sheds that is ok. As it's not a dwelling, and really does not have a window.

Just now, Olio said:

There is no in-game mechanic that would allow you to access a house other that vaulting your legs through a wall. So no. It should not be done. Use a door.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Correct. They are changing that rule to mean "entry to any structure via any means except walking through a door is an exploit".

Understood thanks.

Just now, LastKiller said:

why are all the servers up except for server 2?

Paratus and Bamf have been working with issues the data center is experiencing with our servers. Hopefully we will get some resolution soon.

16 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

So if someone locks them self in a house at a cartel (Wongs) and I don't have a 7.62 how am I meant to kill them? 

Or do I just walk away and say GG 

If you can not enter through the door, you will have to find a way to kill him from the outside.

57 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

This....

4 hours ago, massi said:

Can you explain to me how initiation works for cop? I was downed by a cop who told me to simply "leave the hq". I was leaving and another cop downed me - no action was taken even though he did not initiate properly. 

If a cop tells me to leave the HQ, is he allowed to shoot? I was under the impression that you were supposed to give an ultimatum such as "leave the HQ or you will get tazed/shot/downed/etc". @Olio

This

On 1/1/2017 at 8:48 PM, Volunteer281 said:

Cop says "APD Leave HQ" and instead of leaving you shoot him... Is that RDM? Yes, that would be RDM as you described. Simply asking someone to leave HQ is not considered hostile initiation. Had the officer said "APD leave HQ or you will be shot/downed or restrained" then it would be ok to shoot him if you didn't want to leave.

Cop says "APD Stop" and instead of stopping you shoot him... Is that RDM? No that would not be RDM as you described. "APD stop" is considered hostile initiation.

Cop says "APD Leave HQ" and instead of leaving HQ you just sit there saying no and running around, so he decides to shoot you... Is that RDM? No that would not be RDM as you described. If the officer asked you to leave the HQ and you told him no then he would have the right to shoot/down or restrain you for disobeying a direct order.

Cop says "APD Stop" and instead of stopping you just keep running, the cop then decides to down you... Is that RDM? No that would not be RDM as you described. Just like above if the officer gave you direct order to stop and you disobeyed him, then he would be within his right to shoot/down or restrain you. 

Do cops have to use hostile initiation like it says in the gameplay rules thread? All players regardless of faction need to adhere to the server rules. 

Just now, Trilligy said:

60-90 days and yes it is just done by date not run time, I believe it is currently set back to 90 

thank you for telling me.also if you own houses on multiple servers do you need to connect on each of them from time to time or is going on only one enough to reset the wipe time?

Edited by LastKiller
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Will be changed next hotfix. I wasn't even aware that this was a thing. (People have to remember that they have to tell us things for us to know)

Someone posted about it on the changelog a while back, pretty sure you were the one that said it wasn't exploiting, when you were an admin, that is.

edit:

df7cf3dd17e142f9af0e77c0597e0042.png

Edited by Jimbo
Olivia likes this
14 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I still wouldn't say it's exploiting; I just said I'd fix it.

I also posted that 2 months before I gained the ability to fix it. This is the first mention of it I've seen since then.

(And at the time I posted that I wasn't aware he meant "capture the flag from within the Ifrit"; I thought he meant "use Ifrits at Turfs")

Why fix it if it's not a exploit

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Will be changed next hotfix. I wasn't even aware that this was a thing. (People have to remember that they have to tell us things for us to know)

Yes sir specifically speaking we are referring to capping the flag while remaining inside of the ifirit.:)

Edited by DJB
On 2/27/2016 at 1:08 AM, Sneaky said:

Sure can, you can shoot out the tires of a vehicle without any dialogue. The thing is, if you kill anyone in the vehicle on accident it would be RDM. Shooting at anything is very dangerous without proper and clear hostile intent. 

but is it RDM if they get out of the car and shoot and kill you?

2 hours ago, Jaeger said:

There is nothing like 5 handcuffs

35 minutes ago, massi said:

i dont think you can actually do that

It is/was a bug, if someone is downed and you spam the restrain hotkey, lets say 3x, you will have to lockpick them out of handcuffs 3x, atleast it was like that when I last played

Ever had the message that you lockpicked your friend out but he was still in restraints? this was why

edit: this is what I'm on about 

lhLhAUb.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
On 1/21/2017 at 2:17 AM, Volunteer281 said:

The official ruling on this... you would still need to initiate RP with the people in a car crash before you can shoot them. 

What about when a car hits you when you're just walking. It makes the driver red, already been killed a few times in Kavala due to people running into my car then shouting "Red=Dead"

Couple questions on initiation with a group:

For example if a member of Gang1 Shoots my car but is in a group and (in the same area) I come across a member also in Gang1 but not in the group (not red) may I shoot him? If not would it matter if I know they were playing with each other (Reviving, Same Vehicle, Etc)

Many gangs use specific tags but aren't always in the same group, most people initiate with a tag instead of specific people. Is this allowed? (You're entire gang hands up or die)

10 hours ago, Legit said:

What about when a car hits you when you're just walking. It makes the driver red, already been killed a few times in Kavala due to people running into my car then shouting "Red=Dead"

Couple questions on initiation with a group:

For example if a member of Gang1 Shoots my car but is in a group and (in the same area) I come across a member also in Gang1 but not in the group (not red) may I shoot him? If not would it matter if I know they were playing with each other (Reviving, Same Vehicle, Etc)

Many gangs use specific tags but aren't always in the same group, most people initiate with a tag instead of specific people. Is this allowed? (You're entire gang hands up or die)

That is a good question and I would like to add something to it:

When player A is in gang X, but currently is in separate group playing with gang Y and not even contacting his own gang, if the gang X gets engaged into some hostile rp situation, can player A react to it (get involved)? Or if player A gets killed randomly without even knowledge that his gang was involved in any hostile situation (as player A was currently in different group, and was dealing with different situations) does it mean he got RDM'd?

If answer for my questions above is "this is not RDM, you are a part of the gang even when you are in different group you are initiated in all your gang situations", my second question is:

Player A being a member of gang X, but having fun with different people at that time with separate group Y gets involved in following situation: Gang member from gang X gets shot at by APD and handcuffed, player A starts shooting at cops, when group members Y are initiated with cops? At the time player A starts shooting at officers (and becomes red for them as well as all the group), when officers shoot back, or maybe never?

edit: Situation I described above is similar to Undercover police officers who come to the illegal area with marked officer. UC can shoot without announcing himself, but marked officer has to engage and announce himself as APD. If UC starts shooting at somebody marked officer still can't shoot, he is engaged only if rebels shoots back at him. This is where my above questions comes from.

Edited by Danny
5 minutes ago, Nicolas March said:

With the new prison, can you go to the drug runner plane, then soft log, comme back, then use the plane to go to the towns? or would that be exploiting

Using bugs or glitches to your advantage is an exploit, yes.

On 2/16/2017 at 3:38 PM, Jimbo said:

It is/was a bug, if someone is downed and you spam the restrain hotkey, lets say 3x, you will have to lockpick them out of handcuffs 3x, atleast it was like that when I last played

Ever had the message that you lockpicked your friend out but he was still in restraints? this was why

edit: this is what I'm on about 

lhLhAUb.jpg

I'm pretty sure I fixed that bug.