Asylum Server | Gray area FAQs | Please post your questions!

35 minutes ago, ProxIsDead said:

Can people rob medics? I mean like, It's not like we're trying to do anything but help everyone and anyone. So I'm kinda in a gray area here because people keep trying to rob me and me thinking it was a bannable offense as it has been on other servers I read the rules to see to my amazement nothing on it was there. So could someone tell me yes or no?

Its not a banneable offense to rob a medic

5 hours ago, Ehngage said:

If I'm in Kavala say, and I'm robbed or shot by another player and then killed by them, I respawn and its only been 1:30 minutes, is the initiation over since they killed me and I'm respawned, or are we still initiated until the 5 minute timer is up? If so, lets also assume I had a vehicle out, if they had not lockpicked it by the time I had died/respawned or even attempted to, am I free to store the vehicle? Or is that still combat storing?

Once you die the hostile initiation is over. Now, bear in mind that if you shot at them you could still be red after respawn and might get shot at again due to the Red = Dead mantra. And technically no, storing your vehicle would not be combat storing as you are out of combat. HOWEVER   You need to make damn sure they aren't trying to lockpick it or driving off with it. Because if they are and you do store it, then that would be a combat store and you could lose your vehicle if reported. Your best bet is to get your vehicle and drive away and store it in a different location. 

2 hours ago, Luca said:

Hello,

I bought an MH-9 Hummingbird at the skiptracer and it crashed.  Now I can't find it in the Helicopter garage of the skiptracer.  Do they not go in the garage automatically like cars do?

Thank you

Whenever your vehicle is chopped or destroyed, it will not be put back into your garage.

Legit likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Benbot16 said:

Are there any special rules relating to the treatment of/being a paramedic?

No. You should focus on doing your job and reviving people but at the end of the day you are not above being kidnapped or killed like the regular civs on the island. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Is the new rv a kos zone around it?

On 05/08/2017 at 7:33 AM, Google™ said:

After the new 8.0 update people are saying that when I use my RV now to cook crank it becomes a redzone and anyone in the immediate area (50 Meters) of it can be shot without initiation. Is this true? Can you explain how it works (the rule side of it)?

What this man here said.

23 hours ago, Reapered said:

Treat it the same way you treat a drug dealer.

NOTE that it needs to be up and running, if you are just driving around or its not cooking or ready to cook there needs to be RP.

47 minutes ago, stompy said:

Are you allowed to blow up vehicles in shed doors/checkpoint gates, wang liqin said it was allowed im just curious. 

You're allowed to blowup vehicles at shed doors as long as you don't kill anybody.

The checkpoint is a little bit more complicated, something i cannot 100% guarentee you won't get banned for.

What i do know is that if you kill anybody using the checkpoint you will catch a ban for it, so i suggest you don't do it.

20 minutes ago, Berus said:

If a car is going to pass a checkpoint that is open, can i close the gate so they crash and die ?
Here's an example
Police car is coming at full speed, i quickly close the Lakka checkpoint gate, they hit it and die

If you are not initiated with the cops, you will get banned for RDM. 

Some admins think that using the gates to kill people is exploiting, others think it isn't. Again, I can't say for sure 100% you won't get banned for doing it. 

3 hours ago, frantic said:

Say I was shooting at some one in a differnt group, down him and have a firing squad lined up and have him killed. He shot us first, so his name is red. Then a random guy kills me because "a bullet his leg" even though it hit the empty car behind him causing our names to go red, would he be banned for RDM if reported.

It's a hard call to make with out looking at the evidence a lot of issues can happen in this scenario, best you can do is report him and see what is the outcome.

14 hours ago, Jc dock said:

If someone mispronounces my name i.e jock j-ock, JD etc does that count as valid initiation. The reason I ask is because people often mispronounce my name and sometimes it's hard to tell if they are talking to me or someone else in the area who happens to have a similar name. Also on the flip side if someone yells "<name that sounds really close to mine> hands up or die" does that mean i can shoot them

If it is clear the person is initiating onto you then you will be initiated with them. Doesn't matter if they mispronounce their name as long as it is clear they are talking to you.

Jc dock likes this
On 8/17/2017 at 11:04 PM, Codex said:

Someone texts me "hands up or die" and I do put my hands up and comply (I am on kevala atm roof top alone). How long do I have to wait for someone to show up or further communicate to me? I waited for about 30 seconds then put my hands down because no one else was here and nothing happened. I was then shot dead. Apparently they had a person inbound from somewhere else running to come talk with me but shouldn't there be some limit? if they're going to have a sniper take a shot and initiate via phone they should have someone close by, no?

You will be initiated for 5 minutes, if nobody talks to you or gives you an order after 5 minutes you are free to put your hands down and walk freely until someone else initiates with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Say I get RDM'd by an APD person, and then they restrain and then unrestrain me (while I've got a notable bounty, that they know of), and then I shoot at them in anger and get downed. Then they ask if I'll take comp and I say yes and I get a meager amount (7500), that doesn't cover the ticket I'm getting, nor would it even cover my weapons. If I accepted this comp or was unable to tell them bigger, am I now unable to report them?

Edited by Swift F
Just now, Canadian said:

I read somewhere that as a Bounty Hunter you can run up and restrain someone without RP, take them away and turn them in, but if you attempt to down you need to initiate. 

\

Bounty Hunters can't restrain someone without their hands being up or they are downed by a downing gun. So yes, you need initiate to be able to down somebody.

Only cops can restrain people without downing them

9 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

When cops uses sirens, what does it mean? I have been shot multuple times because cops just pull sirens, and then say they iniated with sirens

Exemple:

1) im in my house, then cops pulls sirens so I comme out but then they shot me because I hade my gun out when i came out

2) Im in a gunfight with my bounty, but then cop sirens then shot me because im shoting

If it is clear that a cop is sirening you, they have just initiated with you and will down you if they feel it is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, frantic said:

A cop has to repair his car. 

I say im going to shoot his wheel, then the cop says, if I do shoot the wheel, him or another officer in the area will down me. Is that technically good for me to shoot the wheel and then shoot them? Is it initiation? Or would I be banned for RDM

No it gives him the justification to shoot you but not for you to shoot him. If cops shoot at your car and pop your wheels out then you can jump out and unload on them. Of course we try to at least pretend we are an RP server, it would be best not to use a gun as an initiation tool in any way ideally. But some grey areas exist. If you want to shoot cops initiate with them, take hostages, do crimes etc.

Shad0wedDreamer and Google™ like this
Just now, eRr0r : n0 UnIT said:

Some ----- shot me as i threw a smoke grenade. Is that rdm?

So my question is if i can shoot someone if they throw a smoke grenade at me. 

First off, no insults in your questions, as we are grown up people.

2nd Yes it is RDM just as someone shooting a starter pistol.

Just now, Google™ said:

I go up to an individual and say "Hands up or die" (good initiation), so you know Google, well I was in a bit of a roleplayish mood. Due to this I asked this guy who I said hands up or die to "say the ABCs back words or die" He began saying "Z y..." for some odd reason so I killed him. He then was like THATS RDM! I said no I said say the ABCs backwards not the alphabet (I would never make such a request of someone, while at gunpoint).

So, if I ask someone to say the ABCs backwards and they don't say CBA, so I shoot them. is that RDM?

Tell him why you're killing him before you shoot him.

Using your example, after he made the mistake tell him that's not what you meant and that you wanted him to say CBA and not the alphabet then shoot him.

Just now, MatthewV said:

Technically you don't have to do that. you gave a specific order with a penalty as a result of not following it to a T. you don't have to explain to him why you're killing him if you already told him that he will die if he dose not do exactly what you say. Not your fault he didn't understand what you were saying. The person you were robbing should of asked for clarification.

Yes while technically they didn't follow the order you gave them, following my method that I explained earlier will prevent a lot of confusion and possibly save time filing an RDM report/filing out a ban appeal.

It takes an extra second out of your time to explain to someone why you're killing them vs waiting however long it will be to get unbanned because an admin didn't catch on to the wordplay you used to kill someone. 

Edited by Reapered