Asylum Server | Gray area FAQs | Please post your questions!

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Me and a friend are not wearing tags that identify us as playing with each other. A cop tells my friend "APD hands up or you will be downed" can I immediately shoot the cop? Since he is unaware of group affiliation and we are not wearing gang tags could it be considered RDM?

Tags are not required in any aspect. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, ScaryCasperO1 said:

Is it supposed to show how much I donated when I check on My Asylum because it has been a day already and it says Donations $0.

7 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

Post a ticket in that forum please.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Blocker said:

If someone is pointing a gun at me and says get out of the car with your hands up, I do not think that is technically initiation but can I still shoot them?

Basically answered here:

Him pointing the gun at you and giving you a demand is the hostile interaction in this case. It's implied that he will shoot you with that gun if you do not comply.

Clint Beastwood, Frizzy and Blocker like this
  • 2 months later...

Question about initiation, just wanted to ask since it hasn't happened to me before and no one can really give me a definite answer. Gang member one puts his hands up and says he wants to turn himself into my custody, I tell him I am accepting him turning himself in and I will be handcuffing him and putting him in my car for further processing. He agrees and I do so. As soon as I put Gang member one in the car, Gang member two downs me and kidnaps me. Is this legit initiation? I have been told yes and no. Thanks

13 hours ago, MASTA_B said:

Question about initiation, just wanted to ask since it hasn't happened to me before and no one can really give me a definite answer. Gang member one puts his hands up and says he wants to turn himself into my custody, I tell him I am accepting him turning himself in and I will be handcuffing him and putting him in my car for further processing. He agrees and I do so. As soon as I put Gang member one in the car, Gang member two downs me and kidnaps me. Is this legit initiation? I have been told yes and no. Thanks

No that is not considered initiation.

MASTA_B and Roice like this
  • 2 weeks later...

If I initiate on someone with someone, am I also initiating with everyone in that person's group for the next 5 minutes? Do I have to make my commands addressed to all of his group members when I initiate on him?

This would make it the responsibility of the initiated-on person to communicate with his group members that they are also being initiated on. If the person failed to do so and I killed one of his group members, it would just appear as if I RDMed that other person. If that person made a report on me, I would probably get banned because that person would have had no way of knowing that I was initiated on him.

Also, if I initiate on someone and he follows my commands, am I still allowed to kill his nearby group members?

I am also wondering about the red-name system. From what I understand, it is simply a tool to aid in the combat process, not a end-all, be-all solution. Essentially, it is very possible that you can be initiated on someone whose name isn't red for you.

Is there any reason that in order to trigger the red name system, you can only have been shot at? How come it doesn't work the other way around? (EX: If I shoot at someone, his name should instantly become red and so should all his group member's.)

Edited by JuanPablo

I read it somewhere in this thread but I would like to reclarify. 

If I shoot a gang member, his gangmate is NOT allowed to shoot me unless they are in a group.

On another note: How would you even know if they were in a group or not? (see my earlier post about triggering the aggression and system).

Edited by JuanPablo

I noticed throughout reading this thread that admins seem to have a "ban first, ask questions later" attitude. Why is this case? 

In a Gmod server that I once played, admins would create a 3-way conversation between the acusser and accused, allowing the accused 24 hours to respond before banning anyone (assuming the accused had a forum account). This can't be that hard to do since everyone has their PlayerID linked to their forum account.

1 hour ago, JuanPablo said:

If I initiate on someone with someone, am I also initiating with everyone in that person's group for the next 5 minutes? Do I have to make my commands addressed to all of his group members when I initiate on him?

This would make it the responsibility of the initiated-on person to communicate with his group members that they are also being initiated on. If the person failed to do so and I killed one of his group members, it would just appear as if I RDMed that other person. If that person made a report on me, I would probably get banned because that person would have had no way of knowing that I was initiated on him.

Also, if I initiate on someone and he follows my commands, am I still allowed to kill his nearby group members?

yes, you are initiated with their whole group.

I am also wondering about the red-name system. From what I understand, it is simply a tool to aid in the combat process, not a end-all, be-all solution. Essentially, it is very possible that you can be initiated on someone whose name isn't red for you.

Is there any reason that in order to trigger the red name system, you can only have been shot at? How come it doesn't work the other way around? (EX: If I shoot at someone, his name should instantly become red and so should all his group member's.)

the red name system is to help identify who has been hostile towards you in the last 5 minutes. their name doesnt turn red if you shoot because they didnt shoot at you. if they had then sure their name would be red. also remember red = dead.

28 minutes ago, JuanPablo said:

I noticed throughout reading this thread that admins seem to have a "ban first, ask questions later" attitude. Why is this case? 

In a Gmod server that I once played, admins would create a 3-way conversation between the acusser and accused, allowing the accused 24 hours to respond before banning anyone (assuming the accused had a forum account). This can't be that hard to do since everyone has their PlayerID linked to their forum account.

could you give me an example? because most of our bans come from player reports to which the accused(the banned guy) can make an appeal if he/she has sufficient evidence and the ban will be looked over with the new evidence and then if they are found to not be in the wrong the ban will be lifted. 

43 minutes ago, JuanPablo said:

I read it somewhere in this thread but I would like to reclarify. 

If I shoot a gang member, his gangmate is NOT allowed to shoot me unless they are in a group.

On another note: How would you even know if they were in a group or not? (see my earlier post about triggering the aggression and system).

if someone is in a gang but in a group with others they're not allowed to come to the aid of the people in the gang as they arent in that gang group. they would need to leave that player made group.

If I initiate on someone and kill them, am I allowed to keep killing them for the next 5 minutes if they respawn in the same place?

Also, where is this 5 minute rule even mentioned? I can't seem to find it anywhere

5 minutes is how long you are initiated for after the last form of hostile contact.
This is in relation to the red name system found here:

If you are killing a group/gang (and have not wiped them), you may continue killing them, as the initiation is persistent throughout the whole group. You're obviously not going to keep track of a 15 man group of who you killed and didn't. 

For solo/individual players, this falls under the don't be a dick clause, re-initiate on them after you kill them. They can't revenge kill you and have to re-initiate as well.

Akeelagi likes this
Just now, Mason Statham said:

If I kidnapped someone and then moved them to a KOS to just kill them would this be RDM? Taking into account they have followed my demands such as hands up or be killed.

if they brought you to a red zone and killed you then it wouldn't be RDM. also, they can kill you with the excuse of "you've seen too much" even if you have put your hands up and followed all their demands.

Kate likes this
58 minutes ago, Corn Dog Man said:

My question is if a bounty hunter has my gang mate zip tied and I confront him to let my friend go can he use my restrained gang mate as a meat shield to hide behind so I have no shot without killing my friend??

Its allowed uless its a cop because then ur friend cant die. So if this happend to you the guy did nothing wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, chicken george said:

was chasing a DS member called snuggles and he died when i passed him. is this what is considered a rolling barricade?

-snip

as you can see, i pass, he dies, im going full speed not blocking his car at all.

You went back to your lane too soon, which on his screen made it look like you turned right into him and blew him up.
Keep in mind Arma isn't a Forza game so try turning back into your lane after you pass 100-200 meters(2 seconds later, that hatchback was going fast), that would 100% avoid any chance of him blowing up.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:16 PM, Kratzen said:

How does engagement work? If I’m engaged by person number 1, and 3 others shoot at me and aren’t in the same gang. Do they all need tags/have the same gang? And can groups(not gangs) shoot without engaging if only one person engages? Sorry if this makes no sense I’m a little confused.

If person A+B+C+D are in the same group, once A ingages in a hostile roleplay with you, B+C+D are allowed to fire if you are not following whatever his demands are.
Also, as soon as one of them hits you, all of their names will turn red.

• 1 month later...
On 04/07/2018 at 11:18 PM, Batcan said:

Is dropping someone off a building to kill them in cop restraints or for shits and giggles allowed? And do you have to say something like I’m killing you as a sacrifice to the gods?

Also can you unflip a car to kill someone in cop restraints?

Once you have someone in your restraints, you may do pretty much anything you want to them. Cop restraints are meant to be lock picked, not exploited through to free someone. Never unflip a vehicle to cause harm to other players or buildings.

Samperino likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AC3Winter said:

Hey so someone in an allied gang of mine was killing people and lost connection twice but the first time I didn't have his bounty to turn him in but the second time I turned him in. And I have proof that It wasn't bounty boosting so I don't know if that was against the rules. I want to know if that's ok or I need an admin to remove this money I got from his bounty. 

Avoid turning your friends in as a Bounty Hunter. Never share your profit from turning them in with the person you jailed, that is bounty sharing.

Just now, AC3Winter said:

Hey is there a rule against shooting and or threatening a medic trying to revive someone just so the person who died loses their gear. Because if there isn't there should be.

There is not going to be such rule, thank you for the suggestion but it is not related to the Grey area thread.

Can you turn an affiliate or friend in for a bounty and not share anything?

Another thing, if someone shoots you in the leg, you can shoot them correct? Then if you shoot them, but miss can they shoot you or is this completely bypassing initiation?

Edited by Batcan
1 hour ago, jeans said:

Only if you shoot back. Otherwise they can then initiate through voice or text after shooting your tires.

While we appreciate your desire to help please leave the answering to be done by Admins only

On 1/19/2016 at 0:15 AM, Sneaky said:

ONLY ADMINS SHALL ANSWER QUESTIONS. This means if you ARE NOT an admin, you DO NOT answer questions. Too many people spread false information which would be counter productive to this threads purpose! Thanks ^_^   

Tyler likes this
3 hours ago, Hasan said:

Is it possible to be banned forever in this server? If so, how many times?

Depends on what you have done prior to your current ban.Say for example if you RDM the first time on the server we are lenient to you and thus your ban is no longer than few hours again depending on the situation.But if you have done multiple violation multiple times we do ban people for a longer period of time.

If you on the other hand have done a severe server violation than expect yourself to be perm banned.All bans can be appealed on the link below.I hope i cleared out your confusion.If not feel free to PM me for further questions if any.

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/69-ban-appeal-process/

Dr. Nefario likes this
1 hour ago, jeans said:

Yeah, but now I'm curious about the same question. He deleted my reply and didn't give the OP an answer. Soooo.... what are the rules about shooting at somebody (tires, etc) to initiate "role play"? 

This is what I call “One-Sided Initiation/Optional Initiation”

Lets use Player 1 and Player 2... Player 1 is the person in the car, Player 2 is the one shooting at said car

Player 2 can shoot at car tires whenever they want without initiation... however, if Player 2 shoots at the tires of the car player 1 is in, their name will turn red and allow Player 1 to return fire at Player 2 if Player 1 so chooses to do so... If Player 2 were to kill Player 1 on accident (assuming Player 1 does not get out and return fire) this would be labeled as RDM which obviously is a bannable offense...

Conclusion: you better only hit the tires of the vehicle and not the player and beware of the repercussions if you were to have a stray bullet kill another player, it is best to only shoot at another player’s vehicle tires if there is no player in said vehicle or if initiation by Direct/Phone Call/Text/etc. had already been made

Hopefully this clears up confusion, feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this more but I am at work so my response may be delayed

Edited by Jake
Dr. Nefario and Silver-Spy like this
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

This is listed in the update that brought back the Taru, but I haven't played in a while and don't know where this stands. I pulled a Taru and it's not an enforced feature by the game, so is this this a rule or even still in effect? Its kind of vague to just have that in a patch note and forget about it. I'm sure people that've never read the update see you can buy it and never think twice about it.

The Taru, and any helicopter, may be freely flown in any flight settings you choose. We do not enforce advanced flight model, before that was done via script. Feel free to fly your way.

Russell* and Ghost0fDawn like this
2 hours ago, Russell* said:

the amount of frames of this would save would be ideal but for combat it's different when your trying to hide from others. Is using tilt key legal to find others? 

You can always use the tilde key to find people’s names.

2 hours ago, Russell* said:

I heard also throwing people from building's is bannable is this true? or zip tie person to die in sea? 

Once in restraints, pretty much anything can be done to you, but nothing by you.

Russell* likes this
2 hours ago, tree said:

Can you steal cars from people when they spawn them at car shops/garages?

Absolutely you can. You don't need to initiate either if all you're doing is getting in their vehicle and driving away. Only if you plan on doing so by force with a weapon, then you will need to initiate. 

Russell* likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...