Asylum Server | Gray area FAQs | Please post your questions!

8 hours ago, Goofy said:

Question 1: Can i ram armored vehicles with no armored ones? Example: Im in an offroad chasing an Ifrit and i start ramming it to disable it, would that be VDM?

Question 2: An i allowed to disable another player vehicle by going in front of it and pressing X to activate the handbrakes and disable his car? If yes if i end up killing the person would that be VDM?

Question 3: If i can disable another players vehicle with handbrake (2) would i need initiation to do that?

Question 4: Can i activate the suicide vest while skyding? With the parachute closed, and with it open?

Q1 - No - Armor on Armor only

Q2 - Yes/Yes

Q3 - No

Q4 - No/No - You can only activate it while on the ground

Regarding RDM and Illegal areas:

Do both parties need to be inside the illegal area for RDM rules to not apply? eg.:Person A is outside an illegal area. Person B is inside. If person A shoots B without hostile initation prior to the shooting, would that be RDM?

Edited by Vash
6 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Is it RDM if a police officer "blurps/chirps" his sirens gets out and starts shooting or are cops required to abide by the same reasonable time of initiation/compliance rules as civilians wherein they have to have their sirens on for a moment as well as provide you a moment to pull over/put hands up.

This is something that definitely needs addressed. There has been a lot of .5 second sirens and then booooooom.

rngr, Sjuol and Warbalin like this
1 hour ago, CyanogenCX said:

As a cop, am I allowed to remember things from before server restarts? How about server crashes?

As a cop, if someone kills me, I return to their location and re-initiate, this time with me winning. Lets say they rp a story about 5 manslaughters they have, 1 of which is on me. They say 5 people kidnapped them etc, and they killed them. But I know that one manslaughter was on me, so am I allowed to call them out on it? I assume there is no new life rule so this is allowed? Seems to me it should be allowed because I can rp a reason saying I have a neurotransmitter that uploads all my memories every second and redownloads them whenever I am born through artificial birth again.

Normally over restarts you would kill the role play unless you were using it to help add onto their story. In terms of getting charges to stick it should not be done.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 6:49 PM, L1on said:

Is it exploiting for you to "drop down" a ladder and down/kill someone while falling?

If you are speaking about the way people have done it at the bank, then yes. But if not, I really don't think it would happen that much to really warrant an exploit. But then again, it would have to be something we would have to see.  

On 3/3/2016 at 2:53 PM, Feenix G. Reno said:

If your raiding an HQ , and the fight starts to cool down (couple shots here and there) you decide to leave, and a police officer spawns in and you kill him. Is that considered rdm? Since there was an active gunfight?

Yes. 

On 3/4/2016 at 3:49 AM, Das Otter said:

would this be considered an exploit or naa? (done on an editor map) 

Yes

On 3/6/2016 at 3:56 PM, xkrypt said:

Why is it never night time on the servers anymore? I miss it :( Will it ever be added back in?

Because Paratus realized it was Green-time and not Night-time. I am unsure if it will ever be added back, that would be up to Paratus. 

On 3/10/2016 at 9:24 AM, Gosu said:

Q1) So if im in town and i just pulled out money and someone Tells me to put my hands up or i die. After you put your hands up and they rob you then kill you is it still RDM?

Q2) same as question one after i put my hands up and they rob me but say, What is your favorite color? And i say BLUE and they say WRONG can they shoot because thats bs. There is no right or wrong answer is that still RDM?

Q3) if i tell someone hands up or die and they comply and i restrain them put them in a vehicle and they continuously get out before you lock the vehicle is it Exploit? or if you forget to lock your vehicle can they say,"Your door is open im jumping out" then die because of how fast you were going? Is that exploit because they were hand cuffed?

A1) Yes. After you complied with their first request, they have to give you another reason on why they are killing you. 

A2) Yes. Because once again, they still aren't giving you a reason to why you are dying. 

A3) Yes that is an exploit. While you are in restraints, you are not allowed to do anything but speak. 

On 3/10/2016 at 9:46 AM, Parker said:

Is it considered combat search/seize if an undercover is fighting rebels, they lock pick the car a drive away from the fight and search it and seize it? If not combat search/seize is it against the rules in any other way?

Well, they are not allowed to drive civilian vehicles, even if they are undercover (cops don't need to lockpick vehicles). So this would have to be taken up in the Internal Affairs. 

On 3/14/2016 at 2:41 PM, wr4thx said:

Can i have 2 arma's running at once, or will babs see that as something i shouldn't be doing? 

I.E. go AFK in KOTH to gain some money and XP, and play asylum at the same time? 

would like to know before i get perm'd by BABS :P

This is what eptic said,  "It's impossible without setting up a virtual system. "

Which I believe is true. I am pretty sure Babs won't be salty on it, even if you did run two programs at once. 

On 3/26/2016 at 0:22 AM, MrOriginality said:

Is there any rule around camping a house and killing anyone who spawns at it over multiple days?

Only reason given was "I don't like your leader"

Is my understanding that restraining someone and leaving the area is in fact against the rules?

If they initiate RP then it isn't against the rules but it is on the border. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss it more specifically.

5 minutes ago, Parker said:

Could I be banned for financing a troll? Say random troll comes up to me in kavala and asks me for a gun so he can RDM people and I give him an mk1 and watch him rain hell on 10+ people. Can I be banned for that? Lol

Don't be an ass wipe.

Big Bird likes this
On 3/29/2016 at 8:04 PM, Ghost0fDawn said:

As a civ am I allowed to raid and pillage another mans house/crate without permission?

Please be wary about messing with housing/crates because it really creates a bad experience for players. If someone leaves a house unlocked then you can take stuff, but do not make it a regular thing to grief someones belongings.

30 minutes ago, Stealthbomber said:

How do I play on Server #6 Aussie server?

There is an amazing guide right here for you!

Ghost0fDawn likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Is deploying spike strips from a car an exploit? 

2. Giving a non donor a Debit Card / crate / house with crate consider an exploit 

3. With the change on cops lock picking bugged restrains, we got an advice to be careful because the could go on God Mode. What would be the proper procedure of this happens? 

On 4/7/2016 at 0:32 PM, TwinCities said:

1. Is deploying spike strips from a car an exploit? 

2. Giving a non donor a Debit Card / crate / house with crate consider an exploit 

3. With the change on cops lock picking bugged restrains, we got an advice to be careful because the could go on God Mode. What would be the proper procedure of this happens? 

1) Go for it. So long as you use it for the intended function of stopping another vehicle by placing the spikes on the road. I wouldn't suggest doing it because it really is not very effective.

2) Do not.

3) Unsure of what you mean by this. Can people who get unrestrained have god mode after being unrestrained?

On 4/8/2016 at 10:49 AM, Tusken Raider said:

Is it a banable offense to die in police hq have that as first on list then exploit around the 2 min timer?

1) Shouldn't be able to do this, intentionally circumventing game play mechanics may result in administrative action.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 7:47 PM, WilliamS said:

What if for example I'm in kavala and I get told hands up I don't comply they shoot me I at that point respawn but wake up in the hospital would I be allowed to kill the person within the 5 min? 

Honestly, I would just re-initiate. Because you will more than likely get reported, the evidence we see will be RDM, but then you would have to upload your video to show that you woke up in the hospital. 

On 4/19/2016 at 11:01 PM, Kollin said:

A cop arrests me

cop: Gives me ticket

me: pay ticket

Cop: unrestrains

Me: shoots cop

Surely this isn't RDM since he didn't sieze my firearms and we were initiated prior to the event. 

Did you initiate hostile intent? If the answer is no, then it would be RDM. 

On 4/19/2016 at 2:58 PM, Ducks said:

Is leaving someone locked and restrained in a car for more than 10 minutes against the rules?

No. 

On 4/19/2016 at 4:10 PM, Feenix said:

How do you properly attack a HQ with a message.

There really is no way. The purpose of an attack on HQ is to save somebody, so a simple text telling the officers that if they don't let your friend go, you will kill them all etc. etc. Once your friend is saved, then its time to GTFO

On 4/21/2016 at 5:57 AM, NoMercyNoRegrets said:

Soooo... if i build weapons on server 4... put it all in my backpack and travel to server 3... is this ok?

Yeah

On 4/21/2016 at 4:50 PM, NoMercyNoRegrets said:

And btw you should put a rule about the ones jumping in front of your cars on purpose... that should be enough initiation to get to kill them... otherwise it ahould mean a ban... one or the other... cause a lot of kids do this and it has nothing to do with rp

Its against the server laws, not rules. If they are doing this, they can be charged with Insurance Fraud. 

22 hours ago, hamsham12 said:

Is texting someone "Land or Die" the helicopter lands and the one that texted kills someone in/on the helicopter is it considered RDM?

Yes, because he landed. 

21 hours ago, Haych said:

Is hiding inside broken walls considered exploiting?

I would ban for it. 

On 4/25/2016 at 0:00 AM, Parker said:

If someone direct chats in combat when it is not needed and they use it to their advantage to lag, is that considered an exploit or lag switch in some form? (Ex: Cop pulls up at a prison break.They get out and start screaming "APD hands up" while running into a room and shooting.) I know it would be hard to take action but in what cases would action be taken?

If people are caught doing it intentionally to cause lag and gain advantage we might take action. Of course its imperative for cops to be able to communication in direct at least. 

On 4/25/2016 at 0:04 AM, allstarplaya said:

If you switch from civ to cop during a server restart and then proceed to arrest people who where in the area in which you logged out on civ on is that considered ban-able? 

I would consider that metagaming and would result in a minor ban or comp to those affected.

On 4/26/2016 at 2:36 PM, Tusken Raider said:

Is telling someone to put their hands up they don't comply you kill them, shoot at their car, they respond, shoot at you and miss, you shoot back and miss,  then they down you considered rdm?

Not sure what you mean here you kill them and they respond after that? Or you mean respawn? If they respawn and seek revenge that is against the rules. They need to initiate RP again.

On 4/29/2016 at 7:06 PM, bigjohn561 said:

Ether as cop or civ am I allowed to shoot out tires of someone to stop them and if they jump out shooting can I down/kill them? Or do I have to wait for them to fire a certain amount of shots at me before hand?

Edit: with the new hostility system in place this hopefully will be less of a problem since now hostile groups should appear red for you so if someone opens fire at your car you will be able to tell who is hostile to you ver 6.9.0

As a cop you should not open fire on civilians without announcing yourself. If they clearly started shooting at you give them a few seconds and return fire. Shooting at tires gives the initiation for the driver and people in the vehicle but a person shooting out the tire still needs to further initiate RP unlike the driver he can shoot at you for that. The amount of shots should be enough to make sure 100% they are trying to kill you.

On 4/29/2016 at 7:13 PM, bigjohn561 said:

I need to know if this wall banging is against rules.. I've been wall bangged over and over from people using 7.62s shooting through walls u do take action?

We do take action if people are sticking their rifles through walls and doors to kill you but you need to have video proof. Shooting through thin walls without sticking your rifle through is allowed though. 

Olivia likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Since the Admins that normally answer these have all stepped down, I will try to answer them the best I can until they can step up their game :-P

On 4/30/2016 at 2:49 AM, Blacklight said:

If my gang is at war with another gang, RDM rules do not apply and I am allowed to kill enemy gang members instantly anywhere I see them, right? At least, that's the vibe I'm getting from this thread...

Correct. You can kill on sight. 

On 5/4/2016 at 0:23 AM, What zit tooya said:

With the new feature of a rebel being notified that someone has spawned in near them at rebel outpost. Can the individual that spawned in near rebel still get banned for ghosting even though he did not know there was someone there already.

On 5/5/2016 at 10:24 PM, bigjohn561 said:

With the new update people are still showing red even after a respawn. So now I'm killing people cuz of the red tag and it looks like I'm revenge killing..... Anything on this? No we are not at war he just shot it out with me like 1min ago.

@Olio @Volunteer281 These two would have to answer that...

On 5/10/2016 at 8:33 PM, L1on said:

If a cop restrains you while his hands are on his head is this considered exploiting?

Yes

On 5/13/2016 at 2:48 PM, boomheadshot69 said:

hi i have a quick question, seeing if this is reportable. if someone shoots at me at an illegal zone like coke field, and i leave but he chases me and we are far away now from the illegal zone and he rolling barricades me, is he allowed to jump out of his car and kill me with no dialogue? and there was none at the illegal zone either obviously. i know at illegal zones no rdm rules, but what happens when we are out of that zone shouldnt he have to engage rp than?

You are still in hostile RP, so he doesn't need to engage again. 

On 5/14/2016 at 4:06 PM, Vanadium said:

Just joined the server yesterday, server 3, now for some reason I'm wanted by the police and can no longer play as a medic :( .... whats the deal?

Whenever you are wanted, you cannot play medic (2k bounty or higher I believe it was changed to)

On 5/15/2016 at 9:03 AM, bigjohn561 said:

@Trilligy wanted to move my question to the right place. I was standing by a guy just talking to him then I walked away another guycame up and robbed and kill the guy I was talking to. So I drew my gun and kill the guy that just kill the guy. I was talking 2 is that considered rdm?

Yes it is RDM, you never had hostile RP with that murderer. 

On 5/15/2016 at 9:34 AM, Haych said:

Hiding inside debris, such as broken down walls considered exploiting or nah? Heard multiple answers to this, just want to be made sure.

When I was an Admin, I would ban for it and I did ban for it. In my eyes, you can't become invisible in a broken down wall, Thanks Bohemia! @Volunteer281 @Olio For official ruling if it changed. 

Haych likes this
7 hours ago, Google™ said:

Okay Question, let's say I'm just walking around and I spot a suspect with an illegal gun I go up to him and he says "Hands up or die" I then proceed to comply with the suspect, he then runs away (Saying nothing else while running away). So, I assume I can just put my hands down, because he ran away without saying anything else after that I hop in my vehicle and start driving around and past vehicle garage and then get shot by the suspect who initiated with me about 2 minutes ago. Is that RDM? *If you need me to try to reword it I can try*

You complied, then he must give another reason to kill you. So in this situation, yes he would have committed RDM. If he would have said, 'put your hands up, don't move or I will kill you'...then he would have been in the clear (5 minute window involved there). 

3 hours ago, Vanadium said:

Yes, it's also an easy fix and admins have the ability to change it. Seriously copy & paste and some tweak can resolve the issue. You also have nearly the entire forums requesting for WHITE-LIST medics yet you admins choose to ignore the issue. Talk about ignorance.

Just to enlighten yourself, other admins, and moderators. There are some people who enjoy playing / RP EMT/Medic, yet we're burdened with ignorant individuals who believe that it's imperative to grief those trying to help... including admins and moderators. An EMT/Medic in this game has only 1 source of generating funds to purchase our vehicles that's reviving civs, police, and other EMT/Medics. Cops/Police receive zero infractions for accidents... when I stated "So ask yourself this question.... wanted for what exactly?" proves ignorance and the lack of using a brain. Seriously a dilapidated community just in my short time of being here.

Also Athena is not a map. I stated map mod. It is a mod which allows users to use an external mod to display the map. Do some research.

Admins DO NOT have the ability to fix it or change anything. Everything that is changed, altered, added, etc. all has to go through the Developers and get approved by them.  Again, you are assuming things, please just stop. The amount of disrespect you show me, for only trying to help, is appalling. I do agree that medics should be white-listed. I proposed a plan many many months ago, and it never got approved by the Developers, so here we are. You asked 'wanted for what exactly?', and I told you. There is no specifics, just a number total in which you can't switch to medic, so I am sorry my brain was lacking there. The question about Athena mod, would be no, once again still don't understand all the hostility towards a Retired Admin who is only trying to help answer questions for community members. 

Lastly, this thread is for questions, please stay on topic. 

3 hours ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

If a cop has one of my group/gang members in custody and or in restraints. can I not just open fire on the cops surrounding that person? 

I'm pretty sure we abuse this rule as gangs, but I know it's most likely a "gray area" if we just start doming cops who aren't informed that they have someone important of ours in their hands.

Edit: I don't know how to read, so if this question was already answered (earlier in the thread) then you'll know why. Exde

This is kind of a grey area, but I will try my best to explain when you can shoot and when you can't.

If your buddy just got downed and restrained; then yes you can shoot at the cops. Because the cops showed hostility towards your gang.

Now when can you not shoot? Let say your gang mate got downed, restrained and some time has passed...can you still shoot; the answer is No, you would need to re-engage. The reasoning is because the hostile engagement is over. It all depends on the situation for each specific scenario. 

So the best thing to do is always re-engage. Whether your buddy in restraints tells him or you send a text or yell at him in game. 

2 hours ago, Boris said:

If i'm fighting on S4, and I log out at rebel on S4, then into rebel on S3 to gear at cheap prices, then I log back into S4 knowing full well that it's controlled by my gang and there's no hostiles about, am I commiting any bannable offense?

You have to ask yourself, am I abusing the multi-servers? Technically you could be banned for exploiting, but I have yet to see anyone banned for it. Would need an official ruling from @Volunteer281 and @Olio

On 5/24/2016 at 8:40 AM, DiscoBiscuit said:

We were told using a pilot to move a box truck around the fed and then flying away with the box truck sling loaded with two people inside is exploiting. Does anyone know if this is actually exploiting?

It is. 

The rule was put into effect a long time ago, might just need @KBW to fix that code where it will cause the sling to break.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, boomheadshot69 said:

2 questions here. first i know it is allowed and considered rp for cops to hit their siren and then immediately start firing, are civs allowed to do this too? example, ive stolen a cop car and get a medic to drive for me. we go around pulling people over because the medic can turn on the sirens. is this considered us being engaged with rp with the person we are trying to pull over or roll up on, and are we allowed to fire on them if they try to flee. would work the same if i get the new BH hunter and had a medic driving around and when we see our target can we do just like the cops and hit the siren and down the suspect.

2nd question, if i am being followed by someone and he keeps attempting to knock me off the road while driving and honking his horn, when is it ok for me to fire on him. do i have to wait for him to either kill the both of us or knock me into a wall or something and destroy my tires and if he does so can i just get out and shoot him, because 9 times out of 10 once tires are disabled thats what the person does. "get on the ground" while firing. not even giving time to comply. i can foresee alot of this scenario happening with new update and so many people switching to bounty hunters.

1. Sirens and instantly shooting is RDM. We clarified this a few months ago.

2. You can't shoot someone for following you, driving in circles around you, or trying to force you off of the road. Try using your voice to communicate some form of reasonable demand, and then shoot them if they don't comply. Or, use a text message.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 7:14 AM, PJ - said:

With the new aggression system i´ve stumbled into a new grey area for me. Lets take a example in which i´m being initiated on by a  bounty hunter. The situation happens like this:

- Bounty hunter initiates on me in a not KOS zone and downs me.

- My friend which i'm in a group with kills the bounty hunter.

- Bounty hunter respawns in the same city, buys a PO7 and downs me straight away again

Is this allowed? As far as i'm aware i'd say this is classed as revengekilling. However, my name will still show up marked as red for the bounty hunter because he shot at me less then 5 minutes ago. Who is right in this case? Is the bounty hunter in the wrong or it still classed as a active situation due to the new aggression system. 

Thanks in advance

Red equals dead. 

On 5/28/2016 at 4:42 PM, boomheadshot69 said:

is it ok to destroy our own vehicles with another of our vehicles if someone is trying to steal it? example, a while ago i had someone try to report me on TS for vdm when he and his group had killed me and were trying to steal my ifirit. i proceeded to take out a little bird and flew it into the ifirit before they could steal it and destroyed it so no one got it because cops had ended up fighting over it too, so either way i was losing it. the admin at the time had told me it was ok because it was "your own property so you can do whatever you want to it" does this still hold true?

This is fine as it is your own property correct. However be aware that if in the process of trying to blow up your vehicle with another vehicle and this process involves trying to ram your vehicle to get it to blow up and you end up getting someone killed, that would be considered VDM.

On 6/2/2016 at 1:10 AM, alkaid said:

Does this change at all with groups?

For example: I and two others are initiated and fighting A and B near a city. We down both of them and tie them up. Meanwhile, C shows up and attacks us, accidentally killing B before getting downed and restrained as well. B respawns, shows up about 30s later with a pistol, and starts shooting us again. A, B, and C are all together in a group. Is that legit?

Red equals dead

On 6/5/2016 at 8:50 AM, bigjohn561 said:

1. Is there a timer on amount of time u are able to be held in zip ties? I've had people down,zip,down,zip,down,zip etc.... When is it allowed to just log out? I've heard 10 min timer but even a admin has done it to my gang member in game.  

2. When a cop sirens in a town or outside of town does that mean any person that hears the sirens can shoot the cop? I've been shot as a cop when I sirened and was processing the guy and a guy not in his group killed me saying "sry I couldn't resist the sirens" 

1. If you zip tie someone on civ, it will automatically unrestrain them after 10 minutes. It's not ok to just "log out". There will be times in this game when you will be dicked over, where stuff happens to you against your will, that you don't like, think is fair, whether that's because you were robbed, or caught by the cops, or kidnapped, etc.That's life, that's part of the game. Just because you don't like the end result doesn't mean it's ok to just log out. Now if there is a situation were someone is being downed constantly and I mean to the point it's abusive (abusive is not caused from being downed 3 or 4 times in a row) then collect your evidence, let them know that they have 10 minutes to stop and if they don't, them it's ok to log out. 

2. This is a common misconception. Just because you hear cop sirens doesn't mean it's open season on any cops you see. The cops need to be sirening you or your group before it's ok to shoot at them.     

BlackShot likes this
1 hour ago, PJ - said:

That's retarded to be honest, whats the point of having a rule against revenge killing then? Is it that hard to make the aggression system stop being triggered on individuals after death? Thanks for the answer though.

Not saying I disagree with you at all. But until any issues with the aggression system are corrected game mechanic wise....red equals dead. 

Anthony Carter and sah like this
1 hour ago, bigjohn561 said:

@Volunteer281 just to be clear if I'm being held against my will after 10 min I can log? Cuz people can just keep resetting the restrains making it go over 10min  even a admin held a gang member of mine over 20+min by just downing him and rerestraining him. I mean its a game and I'm having to sit there for 25+ min doing nothing because they want to be a dick bout it?

No, that would not be the correct thing to do. Just because you don't like the situation or because someone is being "a dick bout it" doesn't mean you can just log out after 10 minutes. 

3 hours ago, Inqi Al Fakah said:

I was almost certain that it was an official server rule that nobody can detain you for over 10 minutes (without your consent), hence cops have a 10 minute rule also for keeping people restrained without speaking to them. I mean if someone is just keeping you there out of spite I'm damn sure going to just log out after 10 minutes. By your standard they could just keep re-restraining you until server restart and you would have to sit there and suffer for hours? 

3 hours ago, Inqi Al Fakah said:

3 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Yea reckon I'll be reported a lot then cuz I'm not sitting there for hours just for the sake of role play. Or how bout a admin come online on civ and I'll down,restrain them for a bit just keep them along with me.

I never said it was against server rules to log out after 10 minutes. I said it would "not be the correct thing to do". This is a RP life mod after all. Yes it's "lite" RP and not hardcore but at the same time this isn't wasteland or KOTH. Just because you are in a situation you didn't plan on or like doesn't mean the correct thing to do would be not saying a word or just saying "You have 10 minutes" and then after 10 minutes log out. That rule was enacted to help those who were being abused. It shouldn't be an excuse to get out of a situation you don't like for free card. How about trying to go above the bare minimum of RP required? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2016 at 5:17 PM, Jack Hoff said:

From my understanding, saying "hands up" does not count as initiation.  If one person says to another "hands up", and then the person being addressed kills the person giving the command, is this RDM?

Let me quote our ruling for that

Spoiler
On 12/16/2015 at 9:27 PM, Padrinos said:

Do not Random Deathmatch (RDM)

RDM is killing/downing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react.

Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react. Text messages through phone to the player is a allowed method of starting RP.

If a player complies and does what you ask, that does not give you the right to still kill them. You need to have a legit RP reason why they must still die and not having any money when you rob them is not enough.

I'd honestly say, if the person who submits the report did not even know the guy was talking to him and he was just yelling hands up all around Kavala square without making it clear who he is talking to, I'd class that as RDM.

But if there are two people, lets say player A and player B alone at the mineral processing as an example and player A tells player B "Hands up",  Player B gets killed and reports him after he hoped in his vehicle and attempted to run away. maximum I'll do is just talk to the offender and make sure he understands he needs to clarify they will die if they won't do it, if even.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 7/26/2016 at 11:00 AM, Mr.Purple said:

Is It ok to wear the Csat Clothing With a CarryLite? or What vest can you wear with the Csat clothing?

As long as you are not blocked by the devs system wise, yes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 7/26/2016 at 11:48 PM, IntoTheUnknown said:

I downed and restrained a person who was alone with me in a building with no one around ,and 2 minutes later i was shot without initiation by his gang member who was waiting at the courthouse for me to come with the restrained person, does this count as rdm?

Due to the aggression system, group members who are nearby technically are initiated with you so the answer is no, its not RDM.

Also combat stays for 5 minutes after the last shot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 7/27/2016 at 7:20 AM, Jonathan said:

what does it mean when a players name is red

It means you've had hostile activities between your group to his, and you may shoot at him.

Or just read below V

On 7/27/2016 at 8:03 PM, Olivia said:

You can read about the aggression system in the patch 6.9.0 notes.

Olivia and Big Bird like this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2016 at 0:38 PM, Haych said:

This has been clarified by a Admin before but I would like a final input from a CM as so many people have different views on this. @Olio @Volunteer281

Is hiding inside broken debris such as knocked down walls considered exploiting? It makes you pretty much invisible and I've heard one admin say its fine, another says its bannable. Just want clarification from a CM. Thanks.

Here is your official ruling. Hiding inside broken debris such as knocked down walls is NOT considered exploiting. HOWEVER you are not allowed to kill someone while hiding in broken debris. If you plan on killing someone you would need to expose yourself first. 

Big Bird and Dust Runner like this
5 hours ago, Legit said:

@Olio @Volunteer281

Is removing talent points after you have used them considered exploiting? (Removing homeowner after you bought a house, the helicopter perks once you bought the helicopters , etc)

How does the "active firefight" rules work. I see people use it as an excuse to kill people that are simply in their way. Is there a radius where an active firefight simply becomes a red zone, or are all civilians expected to put their hands up to avoid death. I have never gotten a full answer to this question.

First part will be fixed soon, thanks for bringing this to or attention

Second part: Use your head, if you are in an active fire fight and someone is hit in cross fire and they had knowledge of the fight it would be okay. If someone is approaching you with a gun and you believe they are a threat during the fight I see no problem with you taking action. Killing fresh spawns because you are "in an active fire fight" or someone that shows no aggression or possibly has no knowledge that they entered a fight is not allowed. The knowledge part comes from is there actual active fighting or is there a shot every few minutes. Just use your head, if you are unsure initiate.

Olivia likes this
On August 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM, boomheadshot69 said:

is it rdm to shoot a cop after interacting with them, such as paying a ticket or being restrained at all by them and released.

Once you either pay your ticket or are pardoned the RP situation is deemed complete unless you make threats like saying "if you issue me a ticket I will come back and kill you".

On 8/15/2016 at 11:37 PM, bigjohn561 said:

I've heard different answers so I kinda would like a solid answer please.

gangmate is restrained by the police u wait for the police to get to hq by the time they get there its been over 5min does my gangmate have to tell them something before I can kill the officers and free my friend?

#2 when a civ is driving a cop car are cops allowed to just open fire right when they see them in it driving? without saying a word?

#3 a cop sirens in a city going after someone wanted... are people allowed to kill the officer since he did siren and everyone heard it not knowing for sure if the cop is looking for them or not. I've seen cops go in a town and siren  then down everyone that has a gun sometimes why can't the rebels do the same to them?

#4 I've been fighting in sofia and all of a sudden cops show up behind us and lethal us saying they sent a text to one of our gang member's, shouldn't they have to siren instead of trying to sneak in on us like that?

#1: If 5 minutes has passed its always best to reinstate in some method to avoid issues. This can be as simple as saying "you better let me go right now or you may die".

#2: Edited: Officers must initiate RP if there is currently no RP between the two parties.

#3: Cops simply sirening is not initiation with everyone. Now if they siren and start running towards you then that's fair to assume they initiated on you. 

#4 If there was an engagement going on where for example your gang is attacking Sofia a message could be sent something similar to "All of you need to put your hands or leave or you will be arrested". Even then they really should make every attempt to individually initiate when there is the opportunity.

Olivia likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2016 at 2:19 PM, Legit said:

@Olio Are there any rules regarding people blindfolding you or "taking your coms" that prevent cops or civs from using teamspeak or other 3rd party applications.

No, in the spirit of good RP we would hope for people to avoid doing this but ultimately it is not something we can control or police.

I totally didnt come back and edit this after you reminded me that i left no reply. =P

On 8/23/2016 at 11:35 PM, bigjohn561 said:

with the new drug dealers for the running drugs with planes there seem to be a lot of robbing going on.

I was in my plane alrdy moving away from the drug runner and a man started shooting at me.. he didn't down me or kill me but he tried 2 of course my hull was red from it. did this man break any rules? when I asked him why he said he SAW me close to the rug runner... does that mean he had the right? just because he saw me? or doesn't he have to down/kill only when im right next to dealer?  also if he was in the wrong he didn't land any of his shots on me so I didn't die or get downed do I still report him for attempted rdm? thx. @Olio @Zoex @Volunteer281

Within 50m of the drug runner NPC is considered an illegal area/RDM zone. If you enter within that 50m then you can be killed with no RP.

On 8/24/2016 at 1:21 PM, Plus One Chromosome said:

The problem with cops being allowed to down someone in a police vehicle > 5 mins after is that I doubt civs can do the same.

Badguy steals my blue truck. I see badguy in my truck 15 mins later. I shoot him without talking first (he's stopped, distracted and I don't want to tip him off to get my truck back). I would likely be banned for RDM.

Definitely not the case for civilians and I have talked to Olio about this and we are going to require cops to reinitiate RP for stolen police vehicles if there is currently none. We want everyone to have a fair shot at escaping or complying and that is why RP initiation is a thing! Plus, who doesn't like some awesome police chases?!

On 8/26/2016 at 10:57 PM, bigjohn561 said:

Why don't admins read these posts anymore? My question has been up for days.  Also this guys question is legit considering cops roll in somewhere and siren and down anyone that has a gun out even tho they are all in different gangs/groups.

Hey I will be here to help clarify some of the rules for everyone on a regular basis again! ^_^

On 8/27/2016 at 5:16 PM, Parker said:

All the admins who answered this alot stepped down. 

Heyyyyyyyyy =P

RomanRunsCA and Big Bird like this
On 8/26/2016 at 6:28 PM, boomheadshot69 said:

so i guess now we can kill any cop that we see when we hear sirens? cuz apparently the rules changed and no mention of this was made to civs. i tried to report some cops for shooting at me and my buddy when they had a chopper hovering high in the air and it hit its sirens way down the road to the point we could barely make out the siren, but it was enough for us to be engaged on and we should have known that the siren was meant for us. i mean even though not 2 minutes earlier they had their sirens on for a group where the chopper was and we had no prior engagement. im going to take the ruling where no action was taken against the cop to mean that if you hear a siren, you can engage with any cop since they are now engaged with you. that is what the decision means so at no point was any kind of rp directed towards us. i encourage all players to do the same.

I was both of the videos in full and here is my opinion:

- It is reasonable to believe that the cops are pursuing you from the second video. The sirens are close enough with no one in the immediate vicinity and they are following you up to the hill and then down on the main road.

- The cops could have definitely done a better job by sending you a text message from the helicopter to ensure sufficient RP and fairness for both sides.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being bare minimum sufficient RP and 10 being great initiation I would give the cops here about a 4. I understand why they are hesitant to get closer with the helicopter (you guys have rebel gear) but at the same time they needed to do a better job of identifying and initiating with the target. The APD side should clarify the need for great initiation by voice, text and sirens when possible.

3 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

we was in sofia my gang mate was wanted of course.. we knew the certain guy was a undercover just because he gave me a ticket bout 30min before. we drove right by him, we knew he seen us but then from the other side of sofia like maybe behind a few houses we hear sirens. there was no way to tell for sure they was sirening at us.. then I got downed in the car. of course my friends killed both cops but was the under cover in the right to open fire on us? this is wat happens when cops siren in city they kinda down anyone that's wanted.

#2 sry but since ur active one again im able to ask and know they will be answered lol... a under cover cop was walking/running around I was wondering wats he doing I drove my quad up to him kinda around him (ok maybe to bug him) wellhe got tired of it I guess since he turned and shot out my tire on my quad... I waited for bout 2min his name is still red of course and while he was running in front of me I killed him. is that considered rdm? he claimed it was.... red= dead from wat I read everywhere.

That just sounds like messy police work that has slowly gotten lazy. I have seen it on the servers myself where sirens are popped and then shooting starts. The APD needs to put forth better effort for initiation like I mentioned in my above post on this thread. Sirens alone are bare minimum initiation and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised for game mechanics to change if this trend continues. I would urge you to submit an IA report for instances such as this and a player report if you feel that reasonable time hasn't been given after a siren. You can send me a PM if you have more questions pertaining to this APD discussion (dont want to clog up this thread =P)

#2) I say thats good payback for a cop acing silly. Heck I cant say that I haven't done that in the past as a cop! As of right now the game mechanics are red=dead and if a cop wants to shoot your vehicle then he should expect to be shot at. Same thing with a civilian; if someone is trying to RDM me then I am still going to shoot back at them lol.

2 minutes ago, boomheadshot69 said:

Take the few minutes to submit a player report. I do not want this thread to turn into a bunch of 5minute videos about whether I would take action or not. This also is a public forum so it would potentially be showing players in a negative light. Make a player report and the Admin team will review it for ya. If you make a player report for this video just send me a link in a PM and i will take a look for you bud =). Thanks!

3 minutes ago, boomheadshot69 said:

oh im not reporting it im the guy that shot the guy lowering the weapon. thats why im asking lol are we allowed basically to fire if we feel our life might be in danger or do we have to wait till shots are fired and we are pretty much killed. i just happened to have a vid to give a visual aid to my question

Ah ok, it was 5min long so i assumed it was a player report type video. Even if you feel that your life is in danger you should still wait for some type of RP whether thats you initiating or them. The best thing to do is seek cover in the event that the other party initiates. If I have a gun out and I walk towards you at the ATM and am killed by you as a result then that sucks for me. Yes it could appear that i was going to rob you but I also could just be running with my gun out in Kavala because Im being hunted etc. We want to always push for RP and initiation prior to shooting.Sometimes you are vulnerable as a result and you may even get RDMd but at that point you can submit a player report.

Olivia likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

@Sneaky I've read that selling in game cash for real life $$ on the forums and on the ts is against the rules. But wat about in game? Like side chat? I understand that direct chat or text or phone call is allowed but wat bout side chat? I've been tempted to try and sell using side but I was scared of getting banned for it.  

We do not want players advertising this via any public means. Side chat, forums, teamspeak.