Stranded player idea

This is just a rough draft of a idea. Being Stranded as a player is a pretty frustrating task. Let's not get into why people get Stranded. But my idea is based off the drug runner planes. What I propose is the following. 

If a player is stranded and they wish to not suicide to get to a town. They could call in a helicopter delivery. The cost of the hummingbird would be twice the cost of buying it from the shop. The ability to call one in would not be available if they are in combat of any sort. The current inability to store a vehicle mechanism could be used. When the player chooses to call one in. There would be a 2 minute wait until the helicopter is delivered. Once the helicopter is delivered. A task would be created where they have x amount of minutes to return it to the air shop. Once it was returned. A portion of the cost would be refunded. If the player failed to return in the given amount of time, they would incurre the full cost of the rental. Obviously this is a big undertaking to implement. But it's just an idea! Leave some feedback and please forgive my poor Grammer and sentence structure. I'm on mobile and review is difficult. 

BioHazard likes this

Thanks for all the responses. I couldn't remember the actual cost of a heli. But the point here is that the taxi system is unreliable most days. And that this would add a risk VS reward. Sure, adding a vehicle garage to every DP could easily be done. But this brings some new content. I get that a 20k load out isn't worth that much in the cost for a helicopter ride. But there is obviously a need for something because there has been multiple threads about this issue. So the argument about a load out isn't the voice of the entire community. 

Just now, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Thanks for all the responses. I couldn't remember the actual cost of a heli. But the point here is that the taxi system is unreliable most days. And that this would add a risk VS reward. Sure, adding a vehicle garage to every DP could easily be done. But this brings some new content. I get that a 20k load out isn't worth that much in the cost for a helicopter ride. But there is obviously a need for something because there has been multiple threads about this issue. So the argument about a load out isn't the voice of the entire community. 

I agree at least people can throw out potential ideas in this thread.

Just now, BioHazard said:

I agree at least people can throw out potential ideas in this thread.

I'm just hopeful that through sharing ideas. That all may not be viable, but that maybe a portion of each idea presented could help someone build a solid plan that they wouldn't have thought of before without reading some others perspectives. 

BioHazard likes this

Players who really care about losing there loudout enough to not want to suicide are most likely the more poor players and there is no way a player with just 200k is not going to risk nearly all of their money to save 1 loudout. But for the richer players they won't mind taking the 20-30k hit due to the amount of time it would take for them to get the heli and return it and the risk of the server crashing while they are flying then they are back where they started stranded and down 140k. Maybe a car delivery would be better so that new players don't stand the risk of losing so much money.

Donald and Mitch (IFRIT) like this
31 minutes ago, Innateocean said:

Players who really care about losing there loudout enough to not want to suicide are most likely the more poor players and there is no way a player with just 200k is not going to risk nearly all of their money to save 1 loudout. But for the richer players they won't mind taking the 20-30k hit due to the amount of time it would take for them to get the heli and return it and the risk of the server crashing while they are flying then they are back where they started stranded and down 140k. Maybe a car delivery would be better so that new players don't stand the risk of losing so much money.

I like that even more!