Something needs to be done, obviously.

Dork

53 minutes ago, Destrah said:

Sure you didn't take that today. Looks almost similar to what they are currently.

a5acbd7a17979b334fd00402e8f6ae7d.png

Edit - Not meaning this as in they are dying. They are always like this in the morning-afternoon on a weekday.

1 hour ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

The parents of the children that populate this community dont allow their kids to play video games on school days.  lol

It was taken yesterday afternoon, not this morning when most people are normally on.

Just never uploaded it bc i was busy doing something.

There's been a decline and no one can deny that. Everyone is fed up and whats left now is pretty much newbies that are still giving it a chance.

46 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Well all the new people that joined, left due to server issue's.

This is the real issue. New players not sticking around and just finding another server. Been 9 months since Asylum started with its stability issues, imagine how larger the community and playerbase would of been if it didn't have these issues.

Edited by Haych
Just now, Olio said:

They will bounce back. Everyone gets turned off and try something different when the servers were down. We have gone through this countless times.

You need to stop relying on a slight chance they will come back. It will get to the point where they have seen this issue so much, they will just quit asylum all together. Asylum is beginning to be known as a server that can't last a full restart.

Haych, Steve and Noble like this
6 minutes ago, Eazy said:

You need to stop relying on a slight chance they will come back. It will get to the point where they have seen this issue so much, they will just quit asylum all together. Asylum is beginning to be known as a server that can't last a full restart.

Not based on "slight chance" they do come back. Things happen that cause issues like this. This last issue was outside our hands, thanks to Microsoft. 

6 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Slight chance? He took a screenshot a few hours after the severs come back up and claims theres an issue...  The servers are still full during peak times and have been for a while now.  For Honor beta just came out, RE7, Conan.  Happens all the time, people go play the new fancy game for a month or so and come back.  

Just now, Olio said:

Not based on "slight chance" they do come back. Things happen that cause issues like this. This last issue was outside our hands, thanks to Microsoft. 

You're telling me someone joins this server, tries it out for an hour, gets kicked about 3-4 times and is like

"That was so fun man! Im'a play tomorrow!"

no, they aren't.

lets not lie to ourselves here.

Steve, Kettles, Haych and 1 other like this
Just now, HotWings said:

Slight chance? He took a screenshot a few hours after the severs come back up and claims theres an issue...  The servers are still full during peak times and have been for a while now.  For Honor beta just came out, RE7, Conan.  Happens all the time, people go play the new fancy game for a month or so and come back.  

Ha I remember when GTA 5 came out the servers were DEAD, month later back to normal lol

HotWings likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

The issue that was causing the servers to die has been fixed.

Rather then offering nothing but complaints, perhaps you should focus on providing options on what this "something" is to exponentially increase our playerbase. I'm sure Paratus would love to hear your (presumptive) revolutionary ideas.

See that's your issue, people do suggest ideas. Do we ever hear back from a developer? 

Not a single fucking word 70% of the time.

Edited by Eazy
Just now, connor_kehoe said:

there are a ton of other servers that im sure arent as good as this one not crashing as bad as asylum. not saying it doesnt happen to any other servers but it just seems like it hits us worse than anywhere else.

See:

$50 USD says "other servers" haven't been hit with this issue.

Just now, Eazy said:

See that's your issue, people do suggest ideas. Do we ever hear back from a developer? 

Not a single fucking word 70% of the time.

Likely because when people are told that their idea isn't something Asylum needs or wants, they flip shit more often than not.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Likely because when people are told that their idea isn't something Asylum needs or wants, they flip shit more often than not.

No it's likely due to the fact they don't take the time to read any of it.

I made a thread with some perfectly reasonable ideas, not a single dev commented. The only staff person that cared was @Clint Beastwood.

4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

See:

$50 USD says "other servers" haven't been hit with this issue.

so if the servers are better now, then why are there still a low pop. why not add something new to keep everyone happy. like how dug runner was like the greatest thing ever until it got nerfed because it was to op. people loved it servers would be maxed like 24/7. i see cartels arent being fought that often. why not make the money cap larger or some shit. why not add another cartel. something to get everyone back online. 

Just now, connor_kehoe said:

so if the servers are better now, then why are there still a low pop. why not add something new to keep everyone happy. like how dug runner was like the greatest thing ever until it got nerfed because it was to op. people loved it servers would be maxed like 24/7. i see cartels arent being fought that often. why not make the money cap larger or some shit. why not add another cartel. something to get everyone back online. 

Because I'm sitting in an office doing my actual job for 12 or 13 hours a day right now. Asylum doesn't pay me anything.

Want new content in a huge rush? Get Paratus to put it in for the next few months. I'm still doing things, just not in the ridiculous volume that I was before.

16 minutes ago, Eazy said:

*Goes to market to get food*

*Gets kicked 8 times on the way there*

"Holy shit! That was so fun!!!!"

Again this issues, that was caused by Microsoft, not us, has been already been fixed. If they get a bad taste from it that's out of our control. 

Heidelberg likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Because I'm sitting in an office doing my actual job for 12 or 13 hours a day right now. Asylum doesn't pay me anything.

Want new content in a huge rush? Get Paratus to put it in for the next few months. I'm still doing things, just not in the ridiculous volume that I was before.

I think the Community has lost hope in Paratus developing new features and content into Asylum. People look up to you and Bamf now as the 'Developers' because of how much of the recent god knows how many changelogs have been all you 2 hence the reason you see yourself getting tagged into so many idea posts. 

You may not have the power, but its the closest thing the community has in hopes of having new content.

Just now, Squirtle said:

increase payouts on both sides of the playing field? more money = more shit to do

More money isn't the solution.

Unless, of course, you suggest we just add a zero back to everything again.

Just now, Gnashes said:

you're not the only fucking person that tries to help this server. we get it this is just for fun. no money made. people donate to help this server get better. shit happens, you guys fix it, we say thanks, but thats it. you've said on other threads that admins cant do much and that theyre mainly there to enforce the rules .  like haych just said that you guys get tagged in so many posts because people look up to you, yet you just comment saying its not our fault and we can do shit because we dont have the right tools. devs wont listen to us as much as theyll listen to you. we make a ton of suggestions yet nothing is being done. sure you have to test it and shit but still not much has been done except you keep telling us that you don have the tools to do it. i can make a few good suggestions right now that im sure others have made to. balance the cost of things with the amount of money you make in game. do more admin events. make less risky jobs more valuable but not to valuable so that people can actually play. add something that everyone wants a piece of.   

4 minutes ago, Haych said:

I think the Community has lost hope in Paratus developing new features and content into Asylum. People look up to you and Bamf now as the 'Developers' because of how much of the recent god knows how many changelogs have been all you 2 hence the reason you see yourself getting tagged into so many idea posts. 

You may not have the power, but its the closest thing the community has in hopes of having new content.

Pretty much what Haych is saying.

I don't think the community feels like its being developed. It still feels like were playing the same Asylum we played 8 months ago.

^Connor_K likes this
12 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Who's Paratus? He still does shit for Asylum? :kappa:

MOST of the features in Asylum were player suggested ideas. Just because yours doesn't get implemented or it takes a while for the devs to code doesn't mean they dont implement things and they dont read stuff.  Do you want them to code and work on making things better or cater to your ego and make a post in every thread?  These guys are busy with their real life jobs/families/lives.  They take time away from what is important to them to work on something the volunteer to do.  

9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

More money isn't the solution.

Unless, of course, you suggest we just add a zero back to everything again.

ill been on Olympus the last few days. and it did feel good making the extra Zero but then again Iknew what that would be in asylum. I get home log on to cop and go patrol. I hit cocaine and not a single person there. Same with herion and sometimes meth.

Or I log on with 90ppl and no bountys above 20k. If the outcome of money some activities were increased the civs would like to spend that money and have fun.

Silver-Spy likes this
7 minutes ago, Haych said:

Just now, Eazy said:

Pretty much what Haych is saying.

I don't think the community feels like its being developed. It still feels like were playing the same Asylum we played 8 months ago.

But I'm not a Developer. I can pitch ideas/brainstorm/ponder, but without a green light I stick to fixing what's already here and is slightly broken. Bamf brainstorms ideas that we bounce off of Paratus to get a yes/no as to whether it fits his vision of what he wants Asylum to be. On the technical front,  anything that involves database interaction or heavy modification of serverside stuff I have to leave to Paratus due to a combination of lack of access and lack of programming experience.

I'm an accountant who's picked up Arma coding as a hobby. I'm not going to profess to knowing a lot, because I'm mostly learning as I go. Sure I know more now than I knew 6 months ago when I popped into this role, but I'm still inexperienced as fuck.

2 minutes ago, connor_kehoe said:

you're not the only fucking person that tries to help this server. we get it this is just for fun. no money made. people donate to help this server get better. shit happens, you guys fix it, we say thanks, but thats it. you've said on other threads that admins cant do much and that theyre mainly there to enforce the rules .  like haych just said that you guys get tagged in so many posts because people look up to you, yet you just comment saying its not our fault and we can do shit because we dont have the right tools. devs wont listen to us as much as theyll listen to you. we make a ton of suggestions yet nothing is being done. sure you have to test it and shit but still not much has been done except you keep telling us that you don have the tools to do it. i can make a few good suggestions right now that im sure others have made to. balance the cost of things with the amount of money you make in game. do more admin events. make less risky jobs more valuable but not to valuable so that people can actually play. add something that everyone wants a piece of.   

I direct you to every set of Patch Notes from 7.5.5 to Current. All but a very small handful of those things have been my coding and Bamf's ideas. Paratus has been swamped with Identity, which is understandable as it's his company's flagship game. I really don't "have the tools" to do anything.

Balancing issues can't be changed without approval from Paratus, so Bamf and I are just as powerless as you in more aspects than you think. We can pitch ideas, but we still have to have them approved.