Something needs to be done, obviously.

Dork

Just now, Squirtle said:

ill been on Olympus the last few days. and it did feel good making the extra Zero but then again Iknew what that would be in asylum. I get home log on to cop and go patrol. I hit cocaine and not a single person there. Same with herion and sometimes meth.

Or I log on with 90ppl and no bountys above 20k. If the outcome of money some activities were increased the civs would like to spend that money and have fun.

Trust me, people run drugs. Shitloads of drugs. (Just too much Pure Coke, but that'll get balanced soon enough).

Bounty Hunters contribute to lack of bounties. I'm working on a fix for something that's abused daily on that front that's going to help a lot there.

9 minutes ago, HotWings said:

MOST of the features in Asylum were player suggested ideas. Just because yours doesn't get implemented or it takes a while for the devs to code doesn't mean they dont implement things and they dont read stuff.  Do you want them to code and work on making things better or cater to your ego and make a post in every thread?  These guys are busy with their real life jobs/families/lives.  They take time away from what is important to them to work on something the volunteer to do.  

they are volunteering. sure its nice but they can drop this anytime they wanted and leave. until they do that, and that we cant do anything except show things from our point of view because we dont have any power to the server, nothing is going to get done. its up to them to improve our experience. if i could actually help, then i would. im sure a lot of people would like to help but they cant. yelling at admins isnt the right thing to do but we dont have much more options. we can suggest things like we've been doing since the start but look at whats happening now. nothing besides making sure everything stays running. not every admin has the same lifestyle and im sure someone out there will be on when one admin gets off. but keeping the servers up isnt the only thing they need to worry about. why keep it up if no one likes what is going on. like i said before, we need things to keep us happy or we wont wanna play

Just now, Warlord!!!! said:

@Gnashes what about weapon cost 1.5 k less and if tax is 20% market price increase?  

The issue with loadout prices isn't with the cost of weapons. The issue is that "everyone always buys the most expensive items in the shop exclusively every time they buy".

3 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

But I'm not a Developer. I can pitch ideas/brainstorm/ponder, but without a green light I stick to fixing what's already here and is slightly broken. Bamf brainstorms ideas that we bounce off of Paratus to get a yes/no as to whether it fits his vision of what he wants Asylum to be. On the technical front,  anything that involves database interaction or heavy modification of serverside stuff I have to leave to Paratus due to a combination of lack of access and lack of programming experience.

I'm an accountant who's picked up Arma coding as a hobby. I'm not going to profess to knowing a lot, because I'm mostly learning as I go. Sure I know more now than I knew 6 months ago when I popped into this role, but I'm still inexperienced as fuck.

I direct you to every set of Patch Notes from 7.5.5 to Current. All but a very small handful of those things have been my coding and Bamf's ideas. Paratus has been swamped with Identity, which is understandable as it's his company's flagship game. I really don't "have the tools" to do anything.

Balancing issues can't be changed without approval from Paratus, so Bamf and I are just as powerless as you in more aspects than you think. We can pitch ideas, but we still have to have them approved.

Well can't you become a dev? You sure as hell know a lot more than most of us?

Just now, Eazy said:

Well can't you become a dev? You sure as hell know a lot more than most of us?

Not something I'm going to push; I enjoy where I am.

I'd enjoy the ability to hard-restart servers and restart Splunk processes that crash far more than I'd enjoy my name being blue.

Just now, Gnashes said:

The issue with loadout prices isn't with the cost of weapons. The issue is that "everyone always buys the most expensive items in the shop exclusively every time they buy".

they do it because other weapons are shit and no one can fight a cartel with a spar 16 when theyll do jack shit against a carrier lite and pilot coveralls 

Just now, connor_kehoe said:

they do it because other weapons are shit and no one can fight a cartel with a spar 16 when theyll do jack shit against a carrier lite and pilot coveralls 

The Katiba really isn't a bad weapon. You're just not going to win the 300-400M peak-fights with it..

Me personally I buy money since I don't have the leisure of playing since I work 12hr days and got to maintain Lt. Then I spend that money to have fun. ifrits orcas hunters all go to waste because I like to have fun whenever I play.

Tbh cop has been bored for me the past 2 months(kinda since the whole jiggaFam thingy) but I keep on pushing to see if there is a spark in me.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Not something I'm going to push; I enjoy where I am.

I'd enjoy the ability to hard-restart servers and restart Splunk processes that crash far more than I'd enjoy my name being blue.

youll clearly do more than having your name blue. and you complain that you dont have the tools and that you do all that you can do but if you have the ability to become a dev and help the server, why wouldnt you. 

Just now, Gnashes said:

Just now, Gnashes said:

The Katiba really isn't a bad weapon. You're just not going to win the 300-400M peak-fights with it..

You got to spend the most to keep up with everyone else at a Cartel. Going into a Cartel fight without CSATs and a 7.62, no matter how good you are, you will simply be in a big disadvantage. 

Sure before CSATs, you was able to run a 6.5 or below into combat and do well, hell you was even able to bring a rook and take down people. But with the addition of both Body and Head armour increased on the servers, you're forced to run the best loadout in order to be on the same level. Look at some montages prior to CSATs being re-implented, there was more Katibas being used then there is now.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
Just now, connor_kehoe said:

youll clearly do more than having your name blue. and you complain that you dont have the tools and that you do all that you can do but if you have the ability to become a dev and help the server, why wouldnt you. 

Invitation only fam.

I was offered Contributor as a sidestep from Admin. I don't see myself being offered Dev given that we've only had one new Dev since Asylum got established (Bamf)

Just now, Haych said:

You got to spend the most to keep up with everyone else at a Cartel. Going into a Cartel fight without CSATs and a 7.62, no matter how good you are, you will simply be in a big disadvantage. 

Sure before CSATs, you was able to run a 6.5 or below into combat and do well, hell you was even able to bring a rook and take down people. But with the addition of both Body and Head armour increased on the servers, you're forced to run the best loadout in order to be on the same level. Look at some montages prior to CSATs being re-implented, there was more Katibas being used then there is now.

I've been sitting on go for the "no CSAT + Plate Carrier" change for a few months. Just gotta convince the big guy it's a good idea.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Invitation only fam.

I was offered Contributor as a sidestep from Admin. I don't see myself being offered Dev given that we've only had one new Dev since Asylum got established (Bamf)

I've been sitting on go for the "no CSAT + Plate Carrier" change for a few months. Just gotta convince the big guy it's a good idea.

Well thats the problem

one new developer in the entirety of asylums existence. Other communities are constantly trying to expand their team.

25 minutes ago, connor_kehoe said:

you're not the only fucking person that tries to help this server. we get it this is just for fun. no money made. people donate to help this server get better. shit happens, you guys fix it, we say thanks, but thats it. you've said on other threads that admins cant do much and that theyre mainly there to enforce the rules .  like haych just said that you guys get tagged in so many posts because people look up to you, yet you just comment saying its not our fault and we can do shit because we dont have the right tools. devs wont listen to us as much as theyll listen to you. we make a ton of suggestions yet nothing is being done. sure you have to test it and shit but still not much has been done except you keep telling us that you don have the tools to do it. i can make a few good suggestions right now that im sure others have made to. balance the cost of things with the amount of money you make in game. do more admin events. make less risky jobs more valuable but not to valuable so that people can actually play. add something that everyone wants a piece of.   

Ever think that your ideas are shit? :shrug:

Ba-KA, HotWings, thero and 1 other like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Invitation only fam.

How are you going to forget about Alan like that :"(

Flameless and HotWings like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Community Poll.

You have the reputation and the power for a pinned post to get as much attention as it can for such matter. Take the results to the table and hopefully Paratus will make the decision accordingly. 

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Invitation only fam.

edgy profile picture

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

You've made loadouts more expensive by adding more required items to be most effecive against other rebels.  Plate carrier + Pilot coveralls or Recon fatigues and then your 7.62, ammo, optic and medical supplies.  Ever since the start of Asylum people always buy what is going make them the most compitive and you're an idiot not to, just fortunately it was much cheaper.back in the day.  No one wants to lose out to someone because they have better equipment than them and then proceed to be bitched at by their gang and getting shit talked in sidechat.

Just removing taxes and the high demand penalty would do wonders.  Not enough people craft weapons with the intention of selling them and even less people craft the cartel required 7.62s

Noble and Haych like this

Here is my contribution to helping the population grow.

If a reward of some type were to be offered to players who refer a new player that has atleast x amount of hours and or days played would be eligible to receive a "reward". Either just the referring player or both parties could benefit from this. (I'm on mobile at the moment so please forgive any spelling errors). This would encourage our current players to help new players learn the community and the workings. It's not intended to be a get rich deal. But one that provides reward for time spent.  

@Olio

These threads will continue to happen until Asylum finally dies with the release of Identity.

Asylum has one foot in the maintenance mode pool. Paratus has no time for us anymore(beyond small amounts of coding and server upkeep), which makes communication with him difficult and fresh ideas difficult to realise.

Bamf and Gnashes code, but both have extensive real life obligations.

We simply don't have a volunteer team of younger people like other communities do who can code all day, and we never will.

In effect, we have to make the best of it we can. Asylum is always changing, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. We just have to roll with it and hope we can continue to do what we love most on the server.

For me, that's fighting and roleplaying, and I can still do that, so i'll still be here till Asylum's gasping for air.

Just now, Boris said:

We simply don't have a volunteer team of younger people like other communities do who can code all day, and we never will.

Na. I agree with what you said, but I know two people who were good with coding, and wanted to help asylum. Both now work for Olympus. 

Both of them were Asylum players for 2+ years and I believe on multiple occasions they volunteered to help but always got shut down.

(It's worth noting that Speed said he'll have some time to help out over here in the near future as well, just FYI)

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

edgy profile picture

Still tweaking it.

3 minutes ago, Destrah said:

How are you going to forget about Alan like that :"(

Alan was more an "employee Contributor" than a Dev. He was just around before the actual Contributor role was made a thing.

Just now, W00bzy said:

Na. I agree with what you said, but I know two people who were good with coding, and wanted to help asylum. Both now work for Olympus. 

Both of them were Asylum players for 2+ years and I believe on multiple occasions they volunteered to help but always got shut down.

Because before bamf, everything had to be bounced of paratus. We had a coder who worked on stuff, Chronic was his name. He used to make a bunch of stuff, then Paratus would toss up the test server a couple of days later, stuff would be tested and whatever bugs that were discovered and he fixed, paratus then had to host the server again so we could test, and that could take a week.

3 minutes ago, W00bzy said:

Paratus not wanting offered help for the most is the biggest issue. Guys from Maverick could come here and offer free help and Paratus will still ignore them.

Edited by Haych
W00bzy likes this
Just now, Budbringer said:

Because before bamf, everything had to be bounced of paratus. We had a coder who worked on stuff, Chronic was his name. He used to make a bunch of stuff, then Paratus would toss up the test server a couple of days later, stuff would be tested and whatever bugs that were discovered and he fixed, paratus then had to host the server again so we could test, and that could take a week.

Yeah but these guys offered when bamf was here. So they wouldn't have had to worry about this as much.

Just now, W00bzy said:

Yeah but these guys offered when bamf was here. So they wouldn't have had to worry about this as much.

At least one of "those guys" were part of a group that used leaked Asylum code without Paratus' permission, if I'm thinking along the correct train of thought here.

Im not trying to pamper anyone's ass here, but the Admins , Community Managers, and Developers have given everyone everything they have wanted.

People aren't playing for multiple reasons - waiting to be sure servers are stable (Makes sense, and they are now), Playing hot new releases which always happens, or getting into new ranked seasons in games.

The game is great, people can choose to play it or not it doesn't mean anyone is doing anything wrong. The ONLY things I could think of would be the following

1. Price of loadouts are a tad high due to the pilot coverall meta , definitly total loadout cost needs adjusting.

2. Legal Money Making should be buffed to encourage some new ,less toxic players to come by and stay.

3. One day a better compensation system should be created. I have a few idea's and some code but that'll be for another day