10-25% less time in jail when you turn yourself in the courthouse.

When turning urself in it will be nice to have let say 10% to 25% time serve discount, so for example, if you turn yourself with max time sentence, from 45min, it will go to 36 minutes. Like when you turn yourself on cops and get 50% ticked decrease, in this time turning yourself into the courthouse could give you 10-25% less time in jail.

Noble, bigjohn561, Dally and 17 others like this
10 minutes ago, Legit said:

+1 Spent 30 minutes trying to get in contact with the police. Texted/911'ed/Called with no reply. After finding them all riding on quadbikes I got offered "at best" a 50% reduction. 

Would have spent less time in jail then I did trying to turn myself in.

the one who jumped off the office building :3

9 minutes ago, Legendary Cifunds said:

the one who jumped off the office building :3

After watching how many of your own you slaughtered I wasn't letting you hand me off to the bountyhunter. A simple text saying "We are all circlejerking, fuck off" would have been better then me having to hunt you down. 

The only redemption you have is your signature being top shelf. 

Edited by Legit

Could be a cool addition. Maybe just give the officer option to select that the individual turned himself in. Which could cut serve time automatically when sent. Would just have to trust that the cop isn't a pretentious douche bag about it all.

Edit: Didn't realize you were talking about the courthouse. Cop option would be nice too just in case someone was able to find a cop sooner than a courthouse.

Edited by What zit tooya

I honestly like to turn myself in to the cops just for the RP and chance to get a lower ticket as well.I feel the same way as a cop when someone turns themselves in and explains their charges with amazing stories.Adding your suggestion ingame will take away some of the RP relation with the cops and civ and that is why i do not support it.If cops dont accept your messages then they are probably busy at something.Well thats what i feel about this.

4 hours ago, dennozZ said:

When turning urself in it will be nice to have let say 10% to 25% time serve discount, so for example, if you turn yourself with max time sentence, from 45min, it will go to 36 minutes. Like when you turn yourself on cops and get 50% ticked decrease, in this time turning yourself into the courthouse could give you 10-25% less time in jail.

YeS plz!!!! And if u want to pay off the bounty at the courthouse maybe 30% less?

varex and dennozZ like this

I feel such a thing would Take away RP with Officers, half of our job is to RP with wanted people, Plus you get a 50% Reduction on your ticket anyway if you hand yourself in, Why Take away Civilian and APD Interaction, that is what we are here to do.

Plus if you turn yourself in, your Ticket starts at a 50% Reduction, You RP, your ticket gets even cheaper.

I think it is fine how it is, Let's not lessen the RP with the APD and Civilians. :)

Dredd, Voni and Silver-Spy like this
3 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

I feel such a thing would Take away RP with Officers, half of our job is to RP with wanted people, Plus you get a 50% Reduction on your ticket anyway if you hand yourself in, Why Take away Civilian and APD Interaction, that is what we are here to do.

Plus if you turn yourself in, your Ticket starts at a 50% Reduction, You RP, your ticket gets even cheaper.

I think it is fine how it is, Let's not lessen the RP with the APD and Civilians. :)

Agreed. 

Finding an officer can be difficult but it has nothing to do with the officers themselves choosing to make it difficult. Why take away the RP situation solely due to the cops being busy dealing with everyone else doing what you just did that prompted you to contact the police in the first place? 

When someone turns themselves in it takes time. Considering the amount of off-duty cops BH's that are attacking HQ's to snag bounties and the number of people who want to turn themselves in, think about how that could bog down the system when spare officers are required to lock down the HQ while processing. 

With 80+ civilians on the island committing various acts I could literally spend the ENTIRE time driving from one side of the island to the other for folks who want a half ticket or less for turning themselves in. And to be flooded with phone calls while processing every situation as efficiently as possible.  It's not something that everyone has time for.  And that's if there are no backup calls, banks, feds etc etc. 

Know how many times someone has raged in 911 because nobody can leave bank/fed/pb to process them? I see it everyday. 

We could simplify the situation by having a special investigation unit (or even the 911 unit) tasked with handling people who want to turn themselves in but they are still bound by the same requirements as everyone else.  And let's not forget the number of people who just want to kidnap you or bring you into an ambush because of some random desire to shit on cops. 

Know what would be cool? If civilians could walk into a secure holding cell at the HQ, select turn yourself in and nearby officers would be prompted with the option to report for processing you like prison break. Probably not feasible to code for the developers but it could be simplified by converting the drug slot into a corrections officer slot, and those are the officers who are prompted to spawn at the location. 

Just my two cents. Do the crime? Be ready to do the time. I don't know how many times someone told me they were reformed and go right back to doing what they did in the first place. Consider yourself lucky that the police have a 50% reduced ticket policy to increase RP.  Don't get pissed at the APD because they are busy doing something else. And yes @Legit that may include quad squad - cops don't get to have any fun?

Chorizo likes this
45 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

I agree with the spirit of this comment 100% but I think that the current APD policies make it difficult for officers to achieve this RP goal.  Sometimes finding an APD officer seems hopeless when you would like to turn yourself in.  Many times we have wanted to turn ourselves in but get a "sorry dude someone is doing bank" - even if we are willing to come to them.  Texts to the police are often ignored, 911 seems to never work, and Kavala seems constantly empty. 

In my experience most share your goal of more RP between civs & APD.  Lately when we are hoping to turn ourselves in it is less about the 50% reduction and more about wanting to try out funny RP ideas we have but we cannot locate an officer anywhere.

Perhaps the bank/Fed policy that EVERY officer must drop everything and fight could be tweaked?  This could be purely anecdotal - but on server 3 Kavala is a police ghost-town it seems.  Now don't get me wrong - I do not blame the officers AT ALL (lol) for abandoning Kavala, it seems more of a policy concern to me.  Oftentimes once we have bounties we just ditch our gear and respawn in Athira - a virtual guarantee to find an APD officer.  Maybe create a special unit that is strictly dedicated to community policing, and put a mandatory patrol in each town?  Shoot, make cadets do it as part of cadet week :D I also think @Dredd idea of report for processing would be amazing.

I think @dennozZ idea is a great compromise.  With the current APD policy situation, oftentimes the life of a criminal/rebel becomes us vs. bounty hunters.  With bounty hunters, it is a virtual guarantee that you will not get an RP experience.  You will be downed after a 0.5 second warning or while driving from 50 yards away and then booked.  If the goal is truly to achieve more RP serverwide (which I think is a critical goal), then some new strategies could be considered.  Lately when I turn myself into courthouse it is to avoid a BH that isn't putting in the RP effort - I don't think that was the intention of the system. If RP situations with the APD aren't accessible because they are all forced to go to bank/fed or choose to just abandon Kavala then I think a rework of the courthouse system could create a better overall player experience.

@Chorizo if you see me on, give me a call, I will answer 99% of the time, even when I am in combat.:) and if I can't I well get another officer to deal with you.

Come to P4 and you will most likely run into me in Kavala .;)

If cops are at a bank, Wait at Pyrgos HQ.

If they are at a Fed, Wait at Air HQ.

If they are at prison, wait at Highway Patrol. 

Eventually you will find a officer.:D

Chorizo likes this
Just now, James.Anderson said:

@Chorizo if you see me on, give me a call, I will answer 99% of the time, even when I am in combat.:) and if I can't I well get another officer to deal with you.

Come to P4 and you will most likely run into me in Kavala .;)

If cops are at a bank, Wait at Pyrgos HQ.

If they are at a Fed, Wait at Air HQ.

If they are at prison, wait at Highway Patrol. 

Eventually you will find a officer.:D

Much appreciated brother! :D

17 minutes ago, Innateocean said:

I see this being a good idea but you know there will be those people who while running from cops/bounty hunters will run to the courthouse and pay there ticket at a reduced price or turn themselves into jail for a shorter amount of time rather than being caught and getting the full sentence. 

Make it if you're engaged with someone court clerk wont respond :) 

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Agreed. 

Finding an officer can be difficult but it has nothing to do with the officers themselves choosing to make it difficult. Why take away the RP situation solely due to the cops being busy dealing with everyone else doing what you just did that prompted you to contact the police in the first place? 

When someone turns themselves in it takes time. Considering the amount of off-duty cops BH's that are attacking HQ's to snag bounties and the number of people who want to turn themselves in, think about how that could bog down the system when spare officers are required to lock down the HQ while processing. 

With 80+ civilians on the island committing various acts I could literally spend the ENTIRE time driving from one side of the island to the other for folks who want a half ticket or less for turning themselves in. And to be flooded with phone calls while processing every situation as efficiently as possible.  It's not something that everyone has time for.  And that's if there are no backup calls, banks, feds etc etc. 

Know how many times someone has raged in 911 because nobody can leave bank/fed/pb to process them? I see it everyday. 

We could simplify the situation by having a special investigation unit (or even the 911 unit) tasked with handling people who want to turn themselves in but they are still bound by the same requirements as everyone else.  And let's not forget the number of people who just want to kidnap you or bring you into an ambush because of some random desire to shit on cops. 

Know what would be cool? If civilians could walk into a secure holding cell at the HQ, select turn yourself in and nearby officers would be prompted with the option to report for processing you like prison break. Probably not feasible to code for the developers but it could be simplified by converting the drug slot into a corrections officer slot, and those are the officers who are prompted to spawn at the location. 

Just my two cents. Do the crime? Be ready to do the time. I don't know how many times someone told me they were reformed and go right back to doing what they did in the first place. Consider yourself lucky that the police have a 50% reduced ticket policy to increase RP.  Don't get pissed at the APD because they are busy doing something else. And yes @Legit that may include quad squad - cops don't get to have any fun?

I would have been more understanding if they were, well... Actually busy. They started off with a briefing where it appeared cops were being slaughtered like pigs by their supposed superiors. Very annoying to send 4 911's a handful of personal texts and a few calls to try and get the sweet relief of a "I'm busy" reply but only be met with the stone cold shoulder as they goof around doing anything but police work. There was maybe 30 people on at the time, 8-9 or so cops (There was more pre-briefing)

It really doesn't take long for an officer to send a quick text saying "We are all busy". I was also attempting to turn myself in for 25k. (If that makes any difference ;)) Even after I finally managed to find an officer they completely disregarded the time I spent trying to get into contact with one as I should have just gave up. I understand the do the crime pay the time but sometimes it is actually self defence. If I'm running 'legal' drugs and get robbed and defend myself, I want to get rid of that bounty so I can continue with my 'legal' money making. 

In my opinion responding to 911s should be a priority, especially if somebody is willing to respawn to any town solong as they are told the closest one to an officer. It really doesn't take 15 seconds to reply to somebody, I feel like a large majority of cops don't want to deal with people turning themselves in because A) No Combat and B) Less Money. 

Ok that would be a good solution but there is still the fact that this is taking away all the rp. There will be way less people turning thenselves into the cops if this is implemented it would be so much easier to go to my house store gear respawn and then go to a courthouse then it is to either call or text cops over and over again until one answers and we finally meet up. Because most people are to lazy to spend that time find a cop and then continuing to rp for however long than getting an immediate half ticket. Maybe if it was only available when less than maybe 3 or 4 cops are online and it was only a 25% decrease.

1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Avoiding a robocop listening to you for thirty minutes and then just saying "Well, alright sir I will be handing you a half ticket today."  great potential RP there.  It would be a loss for everyone.

Thats why you dont RP with cops, just tell them to jail you straight up, so you dont waste too much time being captured. Saving 10++ min on being insta jailed is pretty sweet. Love being out of jail when the other still have close to 20 min left on their sentences

12 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Thats why you dont RP with cops, just tell them to jail you straight up, so you dont waste too much time being captured. Saving 10++ min on being insta jailed is pretty sweet. Love being out of jail when the other still have close to 20 min left on their sentences

Being sent to jail is basically like being given a full ticket. I'd rather just go to the courthouse and be sent to jail to avoid the processing time.

1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Avoiding a robocop listening to you for thirty minutes and then just saying "Well, alright sir I will be handing you a half ticket today."  great potential RP there.  It would be a loss for everyone.

That's thinking that all cops are robocops which yes some are but there are the cops who will definitely listen and participate in your story and try to go along with it and eventually give you a fair ticket. If you know a cop is a robocop don't turn yourself into him I just don't see a reason to remove rp when rp is very possible with more than 3-4 cops on.