10-25% less time in jail when you turn yourself in the courthouse.

1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

Thats why you dont RP with cops, just tell them to jail you straight up, so you dont waste too much time being captured. Saving 10++ min on being insta jailed is pretty sweet. Love being out of jail when the other still have close to 20 min left on their sentences

Or just turn yourself in instead of deal with them at all, a lot easier....

1 hour ago, Innateocean said:

That's thinking that all cops are robocops which yes some are but there are the cops who will definitely listen and participate in your story and try to go along with it and eventually give you a fair ticket. If you know a cop is a robocop don't turn yourself into him I just don't see a reason to remove rp when rp is very possible with more than 3-4 cops on.

Sometimes they catch you ;)

3 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Avoiding a robocop listening to you for thirty minutes and then just saying "Well, alright sir I will be handing you a half ticket today."  great potential RP there.  It would be a loss for everyone.

After 30 mins of rp, you should get a pardon.

If someone robo cops you, record and report it.

A whole lot of people saying Cops robo cop, but yet to see all this evidence of it being so, Less hearsay, more evidence please.

You always get a few bad apples, does not mean the rest will be the same. :)

2 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

If someone robo cops you, record and report it.

A whole lot of people saying Cops robo cop, but yet to see all this evidence of it being so, Less hearsay, more evidence please.

You always get a few bad apples, does not mean the rest will be the same. :)

They don't care if you get robocopped or not they will never take action on it.

massi likes this

@Gnashes TBH sometimes there is NO COP in the server, sometimes cops does not even respond to your request because they are busy. Its not avoiding RP at all, I say 10-20%, its not that much at all but is a discount for being good citizen and turning urself into the law. Its not like every time im running into courthouse because im not getting a HUGE time discount, its just a little less time. Sometimes i would turn in into cops cuz if i have 2-3 murder in self defense i would RP and get the full pardon. TBH with or without discount, in some situations i would just turn myself into courthouse  no matter what. Many ppl like this idea maybe you guys should consider it and try to implement it.

15 hours ago, Chorizo said:

I agree with the spirit of this comment 100% but I think that the current APD policies make it difficult for officers to achieve this RP goal.  Sometimes finding an APD officer seems hopeless when you would like to turn yourself in.  Many times we have wanted to turn ourselves in but get a "sorry dude someone is doing bank" - even if we are willing to come to them.  Texts to the police are often ignored, 911 seems to never work, and Kavala seems constantly empty. 

In my experience most share your goal of more RP between civs & APD.  Lately when we are hoping to turn ourselves in it is less about the 50% reduction and more about wanting to try out funny RP ideas we have but we cannot locate an officer anywhere.

Perhaps the bank/Fed policy that EVERY officer must drop everything and fight could be tweaked?  This could be purely anecdotal - but on server 3 Kavala is a police ghost-town it seems.  Now don't get me wrong - I do not blame the officers AT ALL (lol) for abandoning Kavala, it seems more of a policy concern to me.  Oftentimes once we have bounties we just ditch our gear and respawn in Athira - a virtual guarantee to find an APD officer.  Maybe create a special unit that is strictly dedicated to community policing, and put a mandatory patrol in each town?  Shoot, make cadets do it as part of cadet week :D I also think @Dredd idea of report for processing would be amazing.

I think @dennozZ idea is a great compromise.  With the current APD policy situation, oftentimes the life of a criminal/rebel becomes us vs. bounty hunters.  With bounty hunters, it is a virtual guarantee that you will not get an RP experience.  You will be downed after a 0.5 second warning or while driving from 50 yards away and then booked.  If the goal is truly to achieve more RP serverwide (which I think is a critical goal), then some new strategies could be considered.  Lately when I turn myself into courthouse it is to avoid a BH that isn't putting in the RP effort - I don't think that was the intention of the system. If RP situations with the APD aren't accessible because they are all forced to go to bank/fed or choose to just abandon Kavala then I think a rework of the courthouse system could create a better overall player experience.

@Gnashes @Paratus @bamf

They won't add this for one reason and one reason only. People would use this to avoid RP. Even though we are a light RP server, 99% of RP comes from Civ to Cop interaction. If everyone knew they could just turn them self in and get half the prison time then why would they risk turning them selves into the police?

3 hours ago, Quenton said:

They won't add this for one reason and one reason only. People would use this to avoid RP. Even though we are a light RP server, 99% of RP comes from Civ to Cop interaction. If everyone knew they could just turn them self in and get half the prison time then why would they risk turning them selves into the police?

no one said half prison time, and depending on situation u rather turn yourself into the police or courthouse. So we should get some discount when we choose the courthouse. Not 100% of the time is possible to turn in on cops.

I really really want to +1 this but I agree with @Gnashes. Roleplay belongs in the game regardless if its a Softcore RP server. Its how you meet people and make friends really.

I think a better option would be to pay the cops for pardoning. I bet you see more RP if you aren't forcing them to charge people for a paycheck. Never understood the point of getting paid to kill someone but not getting paid to listen to someones store, Indulge in it, and do the paper work to pardon a man or woman

Edited by Sugarfoot
Crossfade, dennozZ and massi like this
2 hours ago, Budbringer said:

I think it would be better for the cops to get the ability to remove individual charges and get reduced jail time trough that

This is honestly what I would love.  Its annoying to me that someone can explain most of their charges and I cant reduce the over sentence in jail.

4 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Can you show me that in the guidebook?  Im a huge proponent for reducing ticket prices based on RP and time served, but there is not a single thing that says its mandatory.

If someone roleplays for an equivalent or longer period of time than they'd have spent in jail after telling you to go fuck yourself, they do deserve a pardon.

10 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

If someone roleplays for an equivalent or longer period of time than they'd have spent in jail after telling you to go fuck yourself, they do deserve a pardon.

Im not disagreeing with you, but if its not required then there will be people who dont do it.

7 hours ago, dennozZ said:

no one said half prison time, and depending on situation u rather turn yourself into the police or courthouse. So we should get some discount when we choose the courthouse. Not 100% of the time is possible to turn in on cops.

50% discount is a cop policy. From a development standpoint, going to the courthouse should be the less desirable option to encourage interaction.

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

50% discount is a cop policy. From a development standpoint, going to the courthouse should be the less desirable option to encourage interaction.

@Gnashes Ok if RP is something people should not avoid, lets make the cops be able to set the player bounty to 50% when they turn in, instead of giving them a 50% ticket. SO for example, i want to turn myself in, when cops process me, they will read all charges and let me explain, after they will set my bounty to half, and after that give me the option to pay, if i dont pay, the time i would be in jail will be depending on my bounty that the police set after me turning into the cops, so i would spend less time in jail instead of the full time of my previous bounty because i turn myself in. With that no one will avoid RP and we will get less time in jail or 50% discount in bounty.

Just now, dennozZ said:

@Gnashes Ok if RP is something people should not avoid, lets make the cops be able to set the player bounty to 50% when they turn in, instead of giving them a 50% ticket. SO for example, i want to turn myself in, when cops process me, they will read all charges and let me explain, after they will set my bounty to half, and after that give me the option to pay, if i dont pay, the time i would be in jail will be depending on my bounty that the police set after me turning into the cops, so i would spend less time in jail instead of the full time of my previous bounty because i turn myself in. With that no one will avoid RP and we will get less time in jail or 50% discount in bounty.

That's designed to encourage you to dish out the cash, or suffer through jail. The choice is on you at that point.

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

Can you show me that in the guidebook?  Im a huge proponent for reducing ticket prices based on RP and time served, but there is not a single thing that says its mandatory.

Its not, but after 30 mins of RP they deffiently deserve a pardon, if a officer does not want to, then request a higher up and I can guarantee 90% of the time the higher up will give a pardon or a very very reduced ticket, it's the right thing to do, and what I was taught to do and have taught every cadet after me.:)

Just my opinion.

On 2/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, James.Anderson said:

3 hours ago, HotWings said:

He said "should," that doesn't necessarily mean you are "required" to give one. His point is that if the civilian is willing to RP for half an hour, it deserves reward. Depending on the RP, it should be reflected on the processing. Personally I've yet to come across someone that has RP'd even close to 30 minutes, but if they did and had less than a 150k/200k bounty with a structured plot driven RP story, that is definitely worthy of a Pardon in my eyes. But again, that's not how all officers work, nor is it a MUST.

James Anderson likes this
On 2/17/2017 at 1:02 PM, Sandwich said:

He said "should," that doesn't necessarily mean you are "required" to give one. His point is that if the civilian is willing to RP for half an hour, it deserves reward. Depending on the RP, it should be reflected on the processing. Personally I've yet to come across someone that has RP'd even close to 30 minutes, but if they did and had less than a 150k/200k bounty with a structured plot driven RP story, that is definitely worthy of a Pardon in my eyes. But again, that's not how all officers work, nor is it a MUST.

Not everybody is creative enough to write you a novel and you should give sympathy to people who try to explain their charges with RP as opposed to just explaining how they got their charges. With how easy it is to get bounties on asylum you have to understand coming up with a unique story is challenging especially when cops seem to want you to RP for 10 minutes to get a pardon for a manslaughter. You kind of have to buck up and deal with hearing the same story multiple times, believe it or not Manslaughter in self defence is extremely common and is unavoidable a majority of the time. The RoboConstables are teaching the Cadets to be like this and it has gotten to a point where I have a list of cops who I know will RP, the others I just avoid at all costs.

To all the cops saying "Don't do the crime _____"

9OD3Vj2g.jpg

1 minute ago, Legit said:
Spoiler

Not everybody is creative enough to write you a novel and you should give sympathy to people who try to explain their charges with RP as opposed to just explaining how they got their charges. With how easy it is to get bounties on asylum you have to understand coming up with a unique story is challenging especially when cops seem to want you to RP for 10 minutes to get a pardon for a manslaughter. You kind of have to buck up and deal with hearing the same story multiple times, believe it or not Manslaughter in self defence is extremely common and is unavoidable a majority of the time. The RoboConstables are teaching the Cadets to be like this and it has gotten to a point where I have a list of cops who I know will RP, the others I just avoid at all costs.

To all the cops saying "Don't do the crime _____"

9OD3Vj2g.jpg

Agreed 100%. I was just emphasizing what was said above :)

To further what you're saying about self deference being common, you're completely right. I just usually try and coax them into explaining HOW it was self defense rather than just "Yeah, it was self defense." Having them explain the story behind it is what makes it fun, I love hearing that and always reward it as I should and everyone else, even if its a 90% reduced ticket. The difference between "It was self defense." to "See... What happened was that I was at my house and then this guy came out of nowhere and tried to rob me and my family, so I went upstairs..." is definitely noticeable. As long as the person in custody isn't 10 years old, they can definitely come up with something more than just a few words. The spectrum for roleplaying is endless, from something realistic to something about aliens. If someone isn't willing to take a minute or two to make it a little more enjoyable to enhance the civ to cop relationship, so be it, no one is entitled to a pardon unless it was the cops fault for something etc.

Then again it's a light RP server so people shouldn't expect much.:frog:
33faa3cc4b8be9ca1eb9aa0adcfe49ad.png