Everyone can see there playtime

Just now, JimmyBeans said:

Something is broken with the playtime check. I had mine checked near the end of last month and had 14 hours, I then played 1 1/2 hours on the 31st to get above 15, but apparently this did not register and I got marked inactive.  Does the system fail to check the full month (31 days) or what?  @Gnashes

Full month if data is being exported to Splunk. If Bamf's internet/power is out, or the .exe on the server dies (and only Bamf/Paratus can restart it), it won't record until it's restarted.

Splunk also doesn't do lookback. If something is gone, it's gone forever.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Full month if data is being exported to Splunk. If Bamf's internet/power is out, or the .exe on the server dies (and only Bamf/Paratus can restart it), it won't record until it's restarted.

Splunk also doesn't do lookback. If something is gone, it's gone forever.

So our playtime might not even get recorded while playing and yet we're basing our ability to stay active on this?  That's a bit ridiculous...

Something is broken with the playtime check. I had mine checked near the end of last month and had 14 hours, I then played 1 1/2 hours on the 31st to get above 15, but apparently this did not register and I got marked inactive.  Does the system fail to check the full month (31 days) or what?  @Gnashes

Splunk has  historically not recorded all play time all the time.  This is nothing new. This is why playing the bare minimum per month is a risk.

Just now, HotWings said:

Splunk has  historically not recorded all play time all the time.  This is nothing new. This is why playing the bare minimum per month is a risk.

Some of us have obligations outside this game.  Oh well, must be time to move on because the people running this community can't be assed to get things that function proper.  Identity going to be a laugh I can see it already.

Some of us have obligations outside this game.  Oh well, must be time to move on because the people running this community can't be assed to get things that function proper.  Identity going to be a laugh I can see it already.

Stop bitching if you are doing literally the bare minimum in requirements, you should be marked inactive and it's YOUR fault. Smh

Edited by PublicEnemy
3 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

because the people running this community can't be assed to get things that function proper.

Forgive me for being unbelievably fucking blunt, but Bamf has tried to get the APD to help cover Splunk costs and has gotten just above jack fucking shit in the last 4 months. By all rights, the APD should just be told to get bent and we turn it off.

Don't bitch about things that someone who doesn't get your donation money is paying for.

18 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Forgive me for being unbelievably fucking blunt, but Bamf has tried to get the APD to help cover Splunk costs and has gotten just above jack fucking shit in the last 4 months. By all rights, the APD should just be told to get bent and we turn it off.

Don't bitch about things that someone who doesn't get your donation money is paying for.

It's unfortunate that the system was setup in such a way and that those in charge don't care about hours of playtime being lost which causes issues with the ability to continue enjoyment of the server.  I'm not sure why the APD is using such a flawed system or why it's left in place by those that run the server.

Let's hope amateur hour is over when they move on to Identity.

28 minutes ago, PublicEnemy said:

Stop bitching if you are doing literally the bare minimum in requirements, you should be marked inactive and it's YOUR fault. Smh

Some of us have lives outside of the video game.  I enjoy playing still, but can only manage to make around the minimum due to issues in the real world.  I just find it unfortunate that hours of playtime can just be lost and the ultimate answer by those that run the server is basically "nothing to be done."  That's certainly not what I'd expect from a company looking to establish itself as a professional gaming company, but I guess there's nothing to be done so, oh well.

3 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

It's unfortunate that the system was setup in such a way and that those in charge don't care about hours of playtime being lost which causes issues with the ability to continue enjoyment of the server.  I'm not sure why the APD is using such a flawed system or why it's left in place by those that run the server.

As long as there are cops on the server, it doesn't really matter to development who those cops are. Playtime is an APD created metric. Take it up with the Captains, not the Developers.

2 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

We ALL have obligation outside of the game, if those obligations result in you not being able to maintain a proper play time then so be it.  You literally tried to cram the remainder of your time in on one day, maybe you should have asked prior to said day and made sure you covered it. Its not the programs fault you couldnt/wouldnt play before that time.

1 hour ago, JimmyBeans said:

1639a02c1aa3923bfb16bbe3131672e530ba766d

massi likes this