Community Poll: Change CSAT + Carrier Lite

Community Poll: Change CSAT + Carrier Lite  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Should CSAT and Carrier Lites be mutually exclusive?

• Yes. Add a script to prevent wearing CSAT and Carrier Lites together.
    • Alt solution: Remove carrier lites completely.
    • No. Everything is fine as it is.

There's already a million posts about this issue already. The point of this thread is to get the attention of @Paratus to do something about this issue. The more people, who give their opinion the faster we will see a change.

I think most of the community agrees that CSAT combined with Carrier Lites are a little ridiculous. People absorb at least three 7.62 bullets in the chest before dying. Lag and desync makes this even worse.

Examples of CSAT aids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T_M3H6wNDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUiO5S7TdI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFcpZUPHzUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH2SbAofr60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbQSVsnZZRM

+ countless more..

Also these stats made by @Axe indicate that pilot coveralls have more armor than normal CSAT: http://i.imgur.com/zjJcofI.png

What's the solution?

Add the script to prevent CSAT combined with Carrier Lites thus reducing armor stacking. @Gnashes has this script!

Alternative solution: Remove either carrier lites or CSAT completely.

There's a lot of different skins for the tactical vest, so this should really be a no-brainer for anyone concerned about their looks!

Please get all your friends to vote. The more opinions, the faster we will see a potential change!

Edited by Bikstok
sakha, pete, Budbringer and 25 others like this

Remove Coveralls, add Tac Vest script for CSAT Fatigues. We all gucci.

Edit: For those still unsure, go into editor or whatever, get someone to wear CSAT Coveralls and attempt to shoot them in the groin. Your shots will either not register at all, especially if you shoot towards the bottom, or if the shot does register, it does significantly less damage compared to any other part of the body. 

Here is a example where every single hit is actually registering, the guy flinches, but because of Coveralls, much less damage is actually taken. No matter what vest you wear, the issue will still be there.

HarmoniousLoneAphid.gif

If I aim slightly lower, the shots won't even register, they will go straight through the dick.

Edited by Haych
sakha, JaeJae, Silver-Spy and 2 others like this

I like the game how it is. Server stability seems like more of a problem then this. My biggest problem with this "Survey" is how incredibly biased it is. You just display the fact that people think CSAT + Carrier Lights are overpowered rather then proving how they're overpowered. Do you even take into account the server lag in any of these clips?

Edited by Maric
Blake Kingsin, varex and Xehons like this
6 minutes ago, Kate said:

Some of you are suggesting to remove pilot coveralls, but that most likely won't and shouldn't happen because people payed real money for them.

auEk8S2.png     Applied toicon_u_oi_combatuniform_ocamo_ca.png

No one can complain, you still keep the cosmetic skin, just means it will be applied over Fatigues rather than coveralls. I can make the skin if thats the approach they want to take. The ones complaining will be the ones who payed for the sole purpose of P2W.

Edited by Haych
Revenant and Matthew like this
3 minutes ago, Haych said:

auEk8S2.png     Applied toicon_u_oi_combatuniform_ocamo_ca.png

No one can complain, you still keep the cosmetic skin, just means it will be applied over Fatigues rather than coveralls. I can make the skin if thats the approach they want to take.

I don't think the cosmetic aspect of the armor is the reason people purchased it. People tried to get Pilot Coveralls because it gave them an advantage. A paid advantage shouldn't have happened in the first place. Some people aren't going to be happy when they feel like they wasted their money.

Edited by Kate
34 minutes ago, Kate said:

Some of you are suggesting to remove pilot coveralls, but that most likely won't and shouldn't happen because people payed real money for them.

You paid for a SKIN. If a SKIN is REPLACED, you cannot complain

You also made a DONATION and received a REWARD as an extension of gratitude. Buying a product vs Donating are two different beasts. 

29 minutes ago, Kate said:

I don't think the cosmetic aspect of the armor is the reason people purchased it. People tried to get Pilot Coveralls because it gave them an advantage. A paid advantage shouldn't have happened in the first place. Some people aren't going to be happy when they feel like they wasted their money.

When Asylum got in trouble with BI, everyone who donated lost exclusive donor access to house storage and sports hatchbacks, both of those were advantages that people lost and they paid real money for.  It doesn't really matter.  And for the sake of the health of Asylum, something has to give.

28 minutes ago, Kate said:

You clearly arent understanding this

PC (Pilot coveralls) were added as a SKIN. It just so has it that ArmA is retarded and these seem to have a worse hitbox. 

What you are DONATING for is a SKIN that ON PAPER has the same abilities as its non-loot crate counterpart

This is not the case, as we discovered. But it IS NOT ADVERTISED as giving an advantage. It is advertised as just being another skin. It is INTENDED to be another skin. BIS TOS prohibits a P2W structure. Acknowledging that these give an advantage and continuing to keep them in the game is a breach. 

17 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

When Asylum got in trouble with BI, everyone who donated lost exclusive donor access to house storage and sports hatchbacks, both of those were advantages that people lost and they paid real money for.  It doesn't really matter.  And for the sake of the health of Asylum, something has to give.

When BI gets involved they don't really have much of a choice, so I can understand that. It's Asylum executive's prerogative to fuck people over or not. They know people are going to continue to play on Asylum so they do it anyway, even if it's wrong.

Edited by Kate
Just now, Kate said:

Not sure what you're getting at here. How does the noun "skins" relate to a donations?

24 minutes ago, Axe said:

SKIN that ON PAPER has the same abilities as its non-loot crate counterpart

^^^ This is what is IMPLIED when skin is used

23 minutes ago, Axe said:

PC (Pilot coveralls) were added as a SKIN. It just so has it that ArmA is retarded and these seem to have a worse hitbox. 

What you are DONATING for is a SKIN that ON PAPER has the same abilities as its non-loot crate counterpart

This is not the case, as we discovered. But it IS NOT ADVERTISED as giving an advantage. It is advertised as just being another skin. It is INTENDED to be another skin. BIS TOS prohibits a P2W structure. Acknowledging that these give an advantage and continuing to keep them in the game is a breach. 

If it were not intended then they would have changed it a long time ago. People knew it gave you an advantage soon after it was released. 

Just now, Boris said:

We all donated for pilot coveralls knowing they made us tank more.

Let's not get on a high horse here, because everyone who fights cartels and has them, specifically bought crates to get coveralls.

I did, others did it, and they do make you tank.

(Still, remove them, combat will be better.)

I don't believe in a paid advantage, so I would agree that the advantage they have should be removed in order to become purely cosmetic. Some people won't be happy but it's for the best. Just imagine if AWP dragonlore allowed one shot kill to the arm.

I'd rather see carrier lites go so people still donate for pilot coveralls. The servers need money, that would continue to get income.

Like Boris said, I know what I was donating for other then supporting Paratus and the servers. I wanted the advantage.

I would also love to be able to go back to using Katiba's again

Edited by Sugarfoot
1 hour ago, Axe said:

If according to ARMA 3 stats the clothing is the same for abilities how could that possibly violate any TOS. As you stated it is an Arma related issue with hitbox's so yes it obviously gives an advantage but because statistically it does not give any benefit this cant be considered pay to win.
I personally agree with limiting them to a tac vest script to reduce the impact slightly but doubt they will be fully removed because of the amount of investment people made to acquire them.

1 hour ago, Kate said:

I don't believe in a paid advantage, so I would agree that the advantage they have should be removed in order to become purely cosmetic. Some people won't be happy but it's for the best. Just imagine if AWP dragonlore allowed one shot kill to the arm.

CSAT Pilot coveralls offer no advantage over CSAT Hex Fatigues. Multiple configuration files for the clothing's are precisely the same, which is the reason Bohemia has agreed with us and classified it as "the same clothing with a different texture", a purely cosmetic perk for giving money to the servers.

You seem to be implying there is an advantage to using them. There is not.

17 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

CSAT Pilot coveralls offer no advantage over CSAT Hex Fatigues. Multiple configuration files for the clothing's are precisely the same, which is the reason Bohemia has agreed with us and classified it as "the same clothing with a different texture", a purely cosmetic perk for giving money to the servers.

Interesting. It seems that the vast majority of people in this thread are under the impression that they do offer an advantage, myself included. This is the first time I have heard that there is no advantage. If this is the case, why is the majority misinformed? 

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Are you serious? How many times do we have to say this, on paper, they have the exact same armour yes, but, that is not the issue. The hit registration on Coveralls are broken, that is what gives them a huge advantage over Fatigues. Why do you think so many people want them? 

There is a spreadsheet, multiple GIFs and videos showing how broken the groin hit box on them are, the user takes significantly less damage when getting shot in that region.

HarmoniousLoneAphid.gif

zjJcofI.png

And this is just testing it in a environment with no lag, all units standing up, nothing to effect it. Now add server lag, client lag, different stances, different angles, different ranges etc..to this whole equation, you can see why its a big issue.

Edited by Haych