mongols(too many of them)

I have more of a suggestion about the gang in server 5 called mongols there seems to be 75% of the people who log on to that sever are from that gang and anybody

who joins the servers gets killed so they really ruin the experience of Tanoa i taught maybe there could be some sorta of balance

13 minutes ago, Boris said:

The legacy of S5 is that there's always going to be one gang that dominates for the purpose of cocaine production.

You combat it by sitting at cocaine processing with a suicide vest.

Failing that, cop always works.

UC sitting on the hill with lethals :shrug: The devs have forced our hand

3 hours ago, shaka said:

I have more of a suggestion about the gang in server 5 called mongols there seems to be 75% of the people who log on to that sever are from that gang and anybody

who joins the servers gets killed so they really ruin the experience of Tanoa i taught maybe there could be some sorta of balance

Just just go away..... :frog:

Nikoteen likes this

I've put some time into S5 this month.

Here are my honest thoughts. 

1. I've actually enjoyed the cartels, its been fun to not play sniper elite but more cat and mouse. This is completely subjective and my likes / dislikes of cartels do not reflect the community. But i do have fun doing these.

2. It is un-balanced. Without a thriving Civ population that has the knowledge that any civ at any-point can run a given drug (be it coke, heroin, or liqueur).

• 50 % of the player base are newer to arma, they're playing the "NEW" map because its..... newer. I spend ALOT of time PM'ing kids how to do ASYLUM, because side chat is flooded with a newer player base
  • A remaining portion of more seasoned players seem to steer clear from illegal activities (bank, drugs, drug runner, rum) because they seem to feel like whatever gang is dominating the server (be it mong, CP, BTB, any name same principles)because the risk from that gang and/or cops trying to catch that gang is too high.

3. Established Gangs on S1-4 DO come on S5. Half of them steamroll Coke Pit / Coke Processing... The other half ask for a gang invite. 

• Why do half of them ask for invites? Because the economy IS broke. Coke is unbalanced; for this server; with the lack of multiple gang activity. I think of it as inputs and outputs. Coke supplies ALOT of dollars to fund a rebel group. When there are near 0 fights and loss, that's a WHOLE lotta input for very little output. Back on point; the S1-4 guys need funds for their ifrits and whatnot on Altis; and Tanoa currently is a risk-less form for them to make it.

--- Whats the solution? ---

First of all you need to analyze to see if S5 activity even warrants paying for the server. I'm not a cost/reward expert but im sure there is enough raw data to help.

Next. IF you do decide to keep the server, economy needs tweaked. I'd recommend overhauling line-items (coke, oil, turtles ETC) to re-balance the economy vs separating island funds like what was tried with Australia.

Some of my thoughts

Edited by Professor Pericles
Chewbacca, "EJ" and Noliver. like this
On 2/17/2017 at 7:38 PM, grant2150 said:

then do something about it man. I'm calling out all server 1-4 gangs to come fight in tanoa

Hate to say it, but if even one halfway decent gang decided to come give you the dick, I think it would end badly for you. You guys aren't a "gang". It's just a giant metagame, people are not there to help fight, they're there for a profit. Back in Turtle Hunters if you fought for Nandai you were a good dude for doing it. If one organized gang went at you, you'd watch your numbers drop as people started getting fucked at the pit and at processing. 

It's not about the fight on Tanoa, you can't hang with an Altis Gang.

Even TSC could give you the dick. @Krause

bunni and Matthew like this
1 hour ago, BishopActual said:

Hate to say it, but if even one halfway decent gang decided to come give you the dick, I think it would end badly for you. You guys aren't a "gang". It's just a giant metagame, people are not there to help fight, they're there for a profit. Back in Turtle Hunters if you fought for Nandai you were a good dude for doing it. If one organized gang went at you, you'd watch your numbers drop as people started getting fucked at the pit and at processing. 

It's not about the fight on Tanoa, you can't hang with an Altis Gang.

Even TSC could give you the dick. @Krause

Hey. It's been awhile since we've played together. Look forward to fighting you on s5. It'll be fun. Bring your bug spray 

My problem is Server 5 as a cop is so boring. You either go into Georgetown arrest a few people get in a gun fight and that's it. Or you go to coke pro/feild and bust 2-3 people only for an entire gang to show up in Orca's and .50cal. I play a cop for the role-play and no role-play is to be had on Tenoa only people trying to make money ((which i don't blame you for its very profitable)). If i wanted to get into a massive gun fight for no reason id play civ and start a bank or something.

Hand holding and safe zones without the threat of competition. No wonder cops and other gangs avoid S5 like the plague. 

S5 is a joke and everyone knows it. I wish the devs would close it down. 

tumblr_m5du9anXZP1rpwdes.jpg

Edited by patato12
  • 2 months later...
On 2/17/2017 at 4:14 PM, shaka said:

Maybe other gangs getting on and trying a new map. They are too used to Altis. Altis is great but they don't want to literally change maps, not have houses, and have a separate garage...