Issue trying to setup "Dual-monitors" Need help!

What zit tooya

Monitor I currently have: https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1487402532&sr=1-3&keywords=asus+monitor

New monitor: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB277Q-WQHD-2560x1440-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487402507&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+monitor+pb277q

I want to make my old monitor my "second". This is my first time trying out the whole "multi-monitor" thing. I have tried looking for fixes, but I have a feeling it has to do with my desktop ports. My main monitor is connected via DVI into my nvidia graphics card. Other ports available from the motherboard are HDMI, AVG, Display Port. I have tried these ports but with no success as the second monitor has been stuck with a "no signal" error. What am I missing? Thank for any advise.

1 minute ago, troublesome said:

I use two monitors and both of mine are plugged into my graphics card. Main monitor being DVI and secondary being HDMI.

Are you unable to have both monitors plugged into your gfx card?

The problem here is the the only port plugged into the gfx card is one DVI port. So I can only have 1 monitor plugged into it. not sure if the gfx only had that one port or not. I have a GTX980

Just now, What zit tooya said:

I did when the monitor was plugged into all 3 options (hdmi, displayport, VGA) but none of those ports were on gfx when it was plugged in. Is there a way for my pc to detect the monitor without it having to be plugged into the gfx.

I don't know if you can run a monitor off of internal graphics and one off of a gpu since your main display is gpu.

If the GFX card was within the last 5 years it will have at minimum one hdmi and one dvi slot.

All you have to do is utilize both and set one as your main and one as your secondary.

Then move them according to how you want to scroll off the screen. (in display drag and literally move them side by side

Edited by Sugarfoot
6 hours ago, What zit tooya said:

Welp, I was able to take a closer look at my gfx, and noticed I still had the "protective" caps on the ports when I built the thing 3 years ago so I didn't actually see the ports. Was able to get it working! Thanks guy so much. Was getting scared I got scamazed D:

lmao, gg