Meth Takes too long

14 hours ago, Marzoh said:

when did he say anything about the money you make from the meth? chester is saying that it takes too long to gather ingredients. 

26 Minutes from Pyrgos to a full Box Truck and Carryall of everything. That's not very long.

10 hours ago, massi said:

I would rather buff meth instead of nerfing tanoa cocaine 

I'm sure everyone would rather we buff everything. Doesn't work that way however.

Here is the thing, yesterday we did a gang run of meth in box trucks. We owned rodo and drug cartel. Started from rodo it took us over an hour to do and i made 85k(had to fight cops and rebels at ephedra)... Which is pretty gay if u ask me because before restart we all did box trucks of heroin in less than 20 mins and made about 55k. Also i could do a boxtruck of cocaine and make 67k max( if i own drug cartel) and with rodo that would take prolly 25-30 mins. So i think the gathering time for meth ingredients SHOULD be decreased because instead of doing meth for an hour and making 85k i could do heroin for an hour and make roughly 150k or do cocaine for an hour and make roughly 120k.

massi and bunni like this
5 minutes ago, Jwilly said:

Here is the thing, yesterday we did a gang run of meth in box trucks. We owned rodo and drug cartel. Started from rodo it took us over an hour to do and i made 85k(had to fight cops and rebels at ephedra)... Which is pretty gay if u ask me because before restart we all did box trucks of heroin in less than 20 mins and made about 55k. Also i could do a boxtruck of cocaine and make 67k max( if i own drug cartel) and with rodo that would take prolly 25-30 mins. So i think the gathering time for meth ingredients SHOULD be decreased because instead of doing meth for an hour and making 85k i could do heroin for an hour and make roughly 150k or do cocaine for an hour and make roughly 120k.

If you made 85k on Meth in a Box Truck, you either didn't gather a full inventory of Mats, or the Market had Meth on it.

3 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

If you made 85k on Meth in a Box Truck, you either didn't gather a full inventory of Mats, or the Market had Meth on it.

Well the whole gang did it so of course there was some on the market. Either way even if i had made like 98k heroin or coke would have been more profitable

I think meth should be on the same level as cocaine on tanoa... I did a box truck run with jwilly as well and can confirm that heroin is more profitable and takes next to no time compared to meth... Meth on the other hand takes forever and the pay is garbage, it would be better to run scotch tbh

I would argue that there is also more risk to running meth because you're in a boxtruck for much longer and your chances of getting robbed are increased. The payout at the moment is not worth it to warrant a meth run. Not sure if it was always like this but I never ran meth before 2 days ago and it left me seriously disappointed in the payout received, especially since I used to run coke on Tanoa all the time. 

Heroin on the other hand is quite satisfying. 50k-60k payout for what takes about 30 minutes to complete compared to the measly 70k I received from a box of meth. Meth needs to be buffed honestly. I can't imagine how it was before the recent buff. 

Of course, I doubt any of this will do anything. 

Just now, massi said:

Rip 300k hemmt runs of coke

Why not make it so that meth is more profitable than tanoa cocaine? 

Because Meth is the "ideal for most profitable item to run per hour". Pure Cocaine is just stupidly broken.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Yes.

Have you created and managed an Altis Life community that's lasted for over 3 years and still has thousands of players daily?

I thought you weren't a "developer"? The only thing you manage to do is just shit on everyone's ideas.

Edited by Maric
Just now, Maric said:

Why are you speaking on their behalf then?

Because maybe, just maybe, there's been talk of balancing Pure Cocaine vs. Meth.

And maybe, none of those discussions involved buffing meth again.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Because maybe, just maybe, there's been talk of balancing Pure Cocaine vs. Meth.

And maybe, none of those discussions involved buffing meth again.

Why are you trying to justify meth? Why don't you just get to the point that other forms of money making are going to get balanced potentially?

Meth is meant to be a 2/3 step process. If you're looking to just log on and make some quick cash, go run heroin/coke/drug runner. If someone is looking to run meth, a meth house (or 3) is paramount. I personally have to gather around 1,000 of each ingredient when my crates go empty, and does it suck? sure, but when you're watching netflix/ playing Hearthstone/chilling with the gang, it doesn't feel like a chore. Second, I would say: if your gang doesn't own cartel, run cocktails. This just makes the final cook that much easier for when your gang does own cartel. Lastly, and probably the most important, is DON'T RUN METH WITH A BOUNTY. If you're doing so, I would consider that a noob mistake. In DS, everyone always pays off/talks to cops before running meth so we won't ping at lab and it lowers the chance people try to mess with us.

As for payout, $1,504 (if you have gang perks) per meth is insane. A Qillin + backpack of cocktails (120) is worth 180k. 

Find stuff to do while gathering, understand meth is an investment, and for God's sake lose your bounty.

Meth actually got a buff if i recall a patch or so back.

Meth is pretty tedious without houses, but it does net the most money so there is going to be that trade off.  

But on what Sugarfoot said, loadouts are almost triple what there were pre 6.0.  Thats a huge difference when you take into account many people are money capped at a lowish number.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, Sugarfoot said:

So you are telling me to my face you can :

1. Spawn in pyragos + go to clothing store and buy a backpack + run to DMV and pull out a box truck

2. Drive down all the mountains at ephedra

3. Collect 57 ephedra - put it in the box  + 16 on you

4. Drive back over the hills 

5. Drive up to phosphorus

6. Collect 57 phosphorus - put it in the box + 16 on you

7. Get back in the Box Truck

8. Drive nearly 5k if not more up to Hydrogen Sulfate Mine

9. Gather 56 hydrogen Sulfate + 16 in your inventory - and of course put it in the box truck

10. Get in the box truck and drive 3 - 5 k to the Meth lab

11. park near the vendor 

12. Process 57 of each ingredient twice + process 16 of each on you twice

13. Turn around and go 1-2k to pyragos and sell the meth

14. Get back in and go to an atm and store the cash

15. go to a garage and store the box truck.

You mean to tell me that is 44 minutes. I beg to differ:

1. Driving to each thing would take me at least

(pyragos to ephedra dip- 5 minutes) + (ephedra dip to phosphorus - 2.5 minutes) + (phosphorus to Hydrogen Sulfate - 13 minutes)  + (hydrogen to lab - 8 minutes) + (lab to seller - 2.5 minutes) =  31 minutes worth of travel.

2. Gathering 57+16 of a single ingredient alone is roughly 5 minutes. Thats 5 minutes x 3 for 15 minutes total

3. Getting my box truck and backpack lets say im full stamina with a good spawn is - 2 minutes

4. Processing each thing roughly takes 1 minute x 2 for the double process. so 2 mins per process

(2 mins per process x 4.5 proceses) = minutes plus a minute for transferring shit totaling at 10 mins.

4. 2 minutes to take the cash to an atm.

You are looking at a minimum of 31 + 15 + 2 + 10 + 2 = 60 minutes. This is for someone who is doing everything perfect, hasn't crashed / had any interactions at all.

Also to add to this for data purposes its 88k for the first guy who sells it  Lets say you are the second guy and you make 80k roughly. Or if im the lucky duck who doesnt own drug dealer in the mist of my perfect run I come out with  about 72k for the first guy and 68k for the second guy.

Realistic Profit : 68 - 74 k.

- You are not allowed to crash

- You must take all perfect rodes

- You must have the best luck and hope no hill slows you down or chicken fence

- No cops or Civs can be online

lets be honest that shit really takes about 2 hours to run because of other players and when you finally sell it if you dont have drug for part or the whole thing and you end up making like 70k if you manage to make it out alive. I dont run it unless I fill my house and do backpack runs because of the danger of running it.

I dont really care but lets not throw out false facts.

+1zillion

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

loadouts are almost triple what there were pre 6.0.

Player-Controlled metrics aside:

f586f1ee0ae9ed668c4531514c3e5c6d.png

Taxes and On-Demand premiums are player-controlled and aren't factored into this. 7.10.0 prices may be higher or lower than they appear here (65% to 130%) based on whether people are setting taxes or running guns.

14 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Player-Controlled metrics aside:

f586f1ee0ae9ed668c4531514c3e5c6d.png

Taxes and On-Demand premiums are player-controlled and aren't factored into this. 7.10.0 prices may be higher or lower than they appear here (65% to 130%) based on whether people are setting taxes or running guns.

I played exclusively with Bad Blood for 6+ months and never spent that on a load out.  Most i remember spending was 200-250kish and that included mk18. Currently i spend around 32-35k for a katiba loadout (no nades and 20 mags)  Guns were never a stock issue before crafting was introduced so guns were also never above the base price, since crafting isnt done because its more efficient to just run the coke/meth, guns (particularity ones that require the cartel) are almost never in stock from what I have seen (on 2). I fully understand that the additional price there is player based, but crafting is also not efficient and could use a bit of a buff IMO.

(yes triple was a bit of an exaggeration)

People here with their first world problems, GNAAAAAASHES I CANT MAKE 300k A HOUR WHILE AFK FUCKING FIX THIS GAME PLEASE.

I've never had a problem with money, if you wanna earn a shit ton you can easily with a bit of game sense and friends.

The problem lays in how fast you spend it, if you fight 6 hours of cartels on a day and die like 30 times then it's not the money income thats broken, your fucking brains are. To spend a shit ton of money, you need to have/make a shit ton.

Meth has been so damn easy and profitable for me (No/low effort for big income) and it even got buffed recently.

If you got no meth house or you easily get caught ect, find some other way to earn money.

Patato likes this

People are complaining about the money but in reality it really isnt that bad. Just run meth every week or two and you have 750k. 25 loadouts roughly is enough as long as you arent constantly throwing them away. If you do end up burning through more money than you can handle just run some more meth. The trick is to keep your money near capped so that way, even if you run out of the money you spent for the week you still have extra to use.

1 minute ago, Boomerman said:

People are complaining about the money but in reality it really isnt that bad. Just run meth every week or two and you have 750k. 25 loadouts roughly is enough as long as you arent constantly throwing them away. If you do end up burning through more money than you can handle just run some more meth. The trick is to keep your money near capped so that way, even if you run out of the money you spent for the week you still have extra to use.

3 hrs to fill up a house is just so perfect!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Boomerman said:

You clearly missed the whole argument here, It isnt that meth is trash money. Its that it takes too long to gather each ingredient.

Just now, Marzoh said:

3 hrs to fill up a house is just so perfect!!!!!!!!!!

Its really not bad. You could go run heroin and that would probably take you something like a hour to an hour and a half and you would make less money from it. I run meth every once in a while and as long as you arent playing the game 24/7 and buying a new loadout every hour you should be fine.

Just now, ChicoXL said:

You clearly missed the whole argument here, It isnt that meth is trash money. Its that it takes too long to gather each ingredient.

The gathering time is alright for what money it makes. Only reason you would argue that it takes to long to gather is if you thought that it wasnt worth the money. The gathering times are really not that bad as long as you are talking to someone or even just listening to music. Its not meant to be quick cash.