Emergency Vehicle Light Changes/Additions

On 2/26/2017 at 11:20 PM, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

What Country/State mandates all blue police emergency lights?

Different states in the us use different lights some use just red some use just blue some use both. like Washington state uses only blue while Delaware only uses red and NJ uses blue/red

On 2/26/2017 at 10:14 PM, Destrah said:

I've been playing around with lights in editor and think it would be cool if the lights were all blue to match current law enforcement standards and to have a yield traffic control bar. The yield traffic control bar would only be able to be activated while stopped as to prevent scroll wheel cluttering. Also, if you notice in the video it would be better, for safety reasons, if all vehicles/ranks had rear lights too.

Hide contents

Not signed in

Edit: Made the changes for the offroad and made it where the brightness for the lights during day is higher that way they will be more visible.

Hide contents

Not signed in

Edit: Maybe also some flashing barriers to go along with the traffic control bar? <3

Hide contents

Not signed in

More options for control lights. Can all flash, flash right to left or flash left to right.

Hide contents

Not signed in

Where do u live 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, Destrah said:

I think its cause I'm in a southern state. A lot of agencies here use exclusively only blue lights. I actually like blue only and its easier on the eyes in my opinion.

Side note: Blue is exclusive to law enforcement whereas red can also be used by fire.

here blue can be used on snowplows too (the big city ones) 

Minnesota, USA

Swift F likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, BioHazard said:

3 minutes ago, Bear 2.0 said:

My focus at the moment is a combination of website back-end, server back-end, and database saves/pulls. Trying to get what we have working before I start to poke around with aesthetics.

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

My focus at the moment is a combination of website back-end, server back-end, and database saves/pulls. Trying to get what we have working before I start to poke around with aesthetics.

Okay sounds good to me. Don't want this feature to be forgotten about though, seeming as so many people are supporting it :)

Edited by BioHazard
USCCHRIS likes this
3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

10-4. Can't tell you enough how happy the community is that you're dev!!!

On 2/26/2017 at 11:28 PM, Destrah said:

I think its cause I'm in a southern state. A lot of agencies here use exclusively only blue lights. I actually like blue only and its easier on the eyes in my opinion.

Side note: Blue is exclusive to law enforcement whereas red can also be used by fire.

Yeah thats a southern thing. We rock the red and blue here in PA.

Just now, Sneaky said:

Yeah thats a southern thing. We rock the red and blue here in PA.

Here in the UK we use blue lights on every emergency vehicle, however police can use red lights as a warning, usually on motorways or at collisions due to it's increased visibility. Unmarked cars also use white lights, our most common being a BMW 330d where the white lights are in the grille like below:

Just now, william said:

So what can you do now as a Developer that you couldn't do as a Contributor? Just curious

Things involving physical access to the servers. Contributors only edit the mission file. I've floated somewhere between Contributor and Dev since I got server code access back in January, and I now have unrestricted access to everything Paratus/Bamf have.