Change log 7.10.1

bamf

Just now, Bubbles said:

@HotWings I know some of the changes were good and actually made sense, but I feel like the carrier lite, and a few other things ruined the fun of opening crates for some people. Maybe there should just be more choice with clothing/gear. 

Crates we always for cosmetic items only honestly.  CSATs with a tac vest is still better than any clothes with a carier light. The advantage is still there, its just not as good. This was something the community wanted implemented and it was.  

Edited by HotWings
43 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

@HotWings I know some of the changes were good and actually made sense, but I feel like the carrier lite, and a few other things ruined the fun of opening crates for some people. Maybe there should just be more choice with clothing/gear. 

It ruined the fun because now you don't have an outfit that's going to be tanking people's bullets.

2 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Maybe there should just be more choice with clothing/gear. 

That's exactly what this patch did.  It changed everyone from wearing CSAT + CL to having to make a choice on what clothing/gear to wear.  Perhaps that's going to be CSAT+TV now, but at least it's a decision people can make.  

Crates are not impacted here.  Pilot Coveralls is a CSAT skin, of which you have a choice to wear the default one in the game or purchase loot crate keys (that help keep the server running mind you) to try to get the other skin.  

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this

Hey @bamf if you haven't already can you post the instructions on how to do the prison please <3 just did one and don't really understand what is going on after we completely disabled the building security. Do we just stick it out and fight as people get freed or do we have to free them ourselves?

Just now, Treeontyn said:

Hey @bamf if you haven't already can you post the instructions on how to do the prison please <3 just did one and don't really understand what is going on after we completely disabled the building security. Do we just stick it out and fight as people get freed or do we have to free them ourselves?

Absolutely!  I just got done early with my client, so I have some time to write up a guide.  Check for in the next hour or so. 

• You can no longer stack the armor of CSAT clothing and carrier lite vests.  This is a game balance change that has been talked about for some time.  

wtf is this

did we even ask for this? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:frog:

Edited by Eazy
Bubbles likes this
Just now, Eazy said:
  • You can no longer stack the armor of CSAT clothing and carrier lite vests.  This is a game balance change that has been talked about for some time.  

wtf is this

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, yes the community actually did:shrug:

bamf likes this
2 hours ago, Eazy said:

wtf is this

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Only a few, even a post wanting it to be removed was pretty neutral

5 hours ago, Gnashes said:

29 Bug Fixes

4 Balancing Tweaks

3 new features.

So I'm going to guess you're upset about the CSAT/Carrier and/or House Crates. One is a balancing fix, which is pretty much "making the game how the owner of the game wants it to work", and the other is a bug fix.

I still don't understand, while you seem to be quite smart you still expect reasoning from this community?

People on the forums will always spit out the most retarded shit without thinking or knowing anything.

If you're just replying out of self entertainment, i tip my hat to you ;)

This is a great patch! Goodjob on all the fixes

Heidelberg and BlackShot like this
On 3/1/2017 at 0:23 PM, bamf said:

We have not put out a patch in a little bit, so I wanted to get something out today.  The biggest changes in the patch are:  

• The prison break mechanic should be much more reliable now.  I did several prison breaks with the admins on the dev server, and it seems to work fine.  I will find my guide to the prison and re-link it in this post in a bit.  
  • Pure cocaine and coca leaf weights have been synchronized and modified.  This is a game balance change that should make meth on Altis and pure cocaine on Tanoa equal in value.  

Additional items in this patch (in no particular order):  

• Added APD charge for possession of explosives (for possession of RPGs and Speedbombs)

• Crates should more reliably clear when selling a house

• Cadets can use flashlights now

• Turfs can not be capped from inside a vehicle (sorry to all you who liked to enjoy a Yeti of coffee in your Ifrit)

• Tweaked how player housing shows up on the map

• Drug dealers on Tanoa are no longer interested in your cocaine or meth from Altis (they have standards bro)

• Trackers only persist for the side on which they were placed (sorry to all of you crooked cops)

• White jet skis on Tanoa are no longer "Wonder Woman" themed

• You can no longer restrain someone inside the jury room

• Non ASCII characters will no longer sync to the DB for the player name, but your money and items will sync

• Soft logging in jail will no longer artificially reduce your time

• APD officers will be notified if you are on parole when they try to pardon you

• Crafting 7.62 weapons of all types should require you to have the Marksman talent

• Slightly altered the bolt cutting distance for gates at the Federal Reserve

• Money received from drug dealers will have trace evidence on it now

• Your gang name should properly clear when you leave a gang now

• You can no longer interact with the chop shop while restrained (really?  that was a thing?)

• Courthouse markers should now properly match the "Town Markers" opacity slider

• Being hit by a vehicle will no longer trigger the aggression system

• Your Gang/Group will no longer be invited to your jury trial

• The basic VR suit should be more reliable

• You can no longer pull players out of a vehicle while you are in a vehicle

• Fixed an issue related to how SWAT ends

• Death row fixes (come on governors, flip the switch)

• Mechanics related to the APD seizing items from a boat have been fixed

• General store added to Skiptracer bases
  • Another minor thing; Weapons that you aren't talented for will drop on the ground now instead of vanishing (like Carrier Lights do when you have on CSAT)

Edit:  Thanks to both @Gnashes and @speed for their work on the patch!

HF1:

• Fixed the clothing shop

HF2:

• Governors can get money from their bank account
  • Gang members (of sufficient rank) are again able to remove money from the gang bank account
  • Upon a successful prison break, you have 60 seconds to leave the inside of the prison before being locked in
  • During a prison break, the area you must stay within now shows properly
  • Maximum jail time should be 45 minutes if you are not arrested at the Skiptracer base by an Apex Predator BH - it will be 60 minutes if you are though

My guide to the prison system:

You can no longer stack the armor of CSAT clothing and carrier lite vests.  This is a game balance change that has been talked about for some time.  

You mean make it like Black Ops Hardcore mode... nice so even if you are a potato you still get the kill nice addition! @Paratus @bamf

Edited by Eric916
14 hours ago, Scott said:

@bamf we get to prison. Doors are already open. Desk in aux power is still in the sky. No option on either of the laptops in the barracks, can't lockpick gates.

If I select disable building security, it says doors are already open. The guide says to hack the gate power, where? 10/10 guide.

That desk is not where anything related to the prison is done - it's decoration.  Keep looking around!

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

That desk is not where anything related to the prison is done - it's decoration.  Keep looking around!

Now im really interested, we spent 5 minutes trying to find something that was probably staring us in the face