Change log 7.10.1

bamf

Yep and paratus doesn't have time for asylum cuz of Identity.. So Bamf is the only Dev who will do something.

Even when people hate Gnashes he should get more access to the servers since hes the one fixing stuff whenever he can, but it won't get patched since there's no one to put the fixes/patches into the server.

Just now, massi said:

I'm sure Gnashes isn't a dev for a reason. He might know code to a certain extent but does that really mean he's capable of being on the same level as Paratus and bamf? Not sure from what I've seen. He only learned sqf as a past time. What can you say @Gnashes

I know more SQF than Bamf, by a huuuuge factor.

I've offered to help with things involving the additional access and got no response.

Less work for me I guess. :shrug:

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

I know more SQF than Bamf, by a huuuuge factor.

I've offered to help with things involving the additional access and got no response.

Less work for me I guess. :shrug:

Remember a player on Asylum named Serpico? Caught his twitch stream the other day and Olympus gave him full dev access after he applied as a developer there. Saw him working on their mission file during that stream and asked him some questions about it and it seems they're very open with sharing their files with their devs and don't keep people stuck in contributor roles for eternity. Something to think about.

massi, Kettles, Le Razoir and 1 other like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Remember a player on Asylum named Serpico? Caught his twitch stream the other day and Olympus gave him full dev access after he applied as a developer there. Saw him working on their mission file during that stream and asked him some questions about it and it seems they're very open with sharing their files with their devs and don't keep people stuck in contributor roles for eternity. Something to think about.

I'm not here for the title or access. I'm pretty much here because Bamf's here.

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Theres a reason he wasnt offered contributor here.  JS

3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Theres a reason he wasnt offered contributor here.  JS

Don't know what this is supposed to mean. I asked if he applied to Asylum and he said he didn't. Apparently he had his own server or something that he shut down and then joined Olympus from what I remember.

Anyway @Gnasheshopefully Paratus opens up a dev role for you because Asylum needs an active dev more than ever.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
2 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Don't know what this is supposed to mean. I asked if he applied to Asylum and he said he didn't. Apparently he had his own server or something that he shut down and then joined Olympus from what I remember.

Anyway @Gnasheshopefully Paratus opens up a dev role for you because Asylum needs an active dev more than ever.

:shrug:

I just want the access more than the title. Only having 1-2 people with the ability to do anything on the server machines has always been a weak point for crashes / lockups/etc.

17 hours ago, massi said:

I'm sure Gnashes isn't a dev for a reason. He might know code to a certain extent but does that really mean he's capable of being on the same level as Paratus and bamf? Not sure from what I've seen. He only learned sqf as a past time. What can you say @Gnashes

Lets just say its something within the team that restricts gnashes from getting dev. I dont know how Gnashes feel about it, but he's really effective when it gets to the SQF syntax and fixing stuff. The only thing dev will get him, is the ability of implementing new features and etc, and I don't know how eager he is about that.

2 hours ago, Yung Kali-G said:

Gnasheed for dev on the basis he can't implement new ideas without talking to either Bamf/Paratus or holding a poll within the community. :100:

Bamf cant implement new things without Paratus permission, and Gnashes would not be able to either. It is more about being able to push patches out that fix things. Things that Gnashes has already fixed in dev that paratus has yet to push.

3 hours ago, Yung Kali-G said:

Gnasheed for dev on the basis he can't implement new ideas without talking to either Bamf/Paratus or holding a poll within the community. :100:

Community polls don't get things added without Paratus anyway.

1 hour ago, Heidelberg said:

Lets just say its something within the team that restricts gnashes from getting dev. I dont know how Gnashes feel about it, but he's really effective when it gets to the SQF syntax and fixing stuff. The only thing dev will get him, is the ability of implementing new features and etc, and I don't know how eager he is about that.

I want the ability to push hotfixes myself, and restart crashed servers myself. Could care less about the ability to add whatever I want.

20 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Bamf cant implement new things without Paratus permission, and Gnashes would not be able to either. It is more about being able to push patches out that fix things. Things that Gnashes has already fixed in dev that paratus has yet to push.

Technically he can; he just chooses not to.

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

@Gnashes now that Fed takes longer to rob can we get a increase on the amount of bars per vault? Most of the time only 1 bar in a dome and sometimes not even that...

All based on time.

Fed doesn't take longer. I just fixed the ability to Arma cars through the gates.

So let me get this straight:

1. We have fixes to problems, but were not pushing them

2. We have two developers , one is out of the country , the other one isn't yet we haven't been able to open a door for a week.

A server that has been the BEST altis life server for three - four years can't push an already complete fix for opening doors???

Some red flag should be going off if we have FIXES from people who AREN"T Developers and we can't even make them happen. Its been a week without

fucking doors here. Not asking for Jetpacks, just working doors. Even a simple post about maybe something complicated that we dont understand to update us since from what it looks like is that the only guy who gives a fuck had to leave town.

Im assuming @Gnashes is the guy doing all these fixes, its about time you put some trust in the guy. Im all for supporting this place but the FUCKING doors won't work and there's a fix sitting there. Promote more dev's or just sell the server off or something if its interfearing. There's a ton of people who still love the server

Sandwich, Azeh, FudgeR and 16 others like this
48 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

So let me get this straight:

1. We have fixes to problems, but were not pushing them

2. We have two developers , one is out of the country , the other one isn't yet we haven't been able to open a door for a week.

Issue that has been effecting Asylum in the biggest way possible (Mass Kicks) for over 10 months has supposedly a fix that BI just released. You would think Paratus would attempt to push out the 64Bit version as quick as he can so end this 10month mess. But you know, just take your time while other major servers have already updated to 64 Bit.

But ya know @Paratus :kermit:

Makes you wonder how Identity will work out in the long run

Edited by Haych
45 minutes ago, Haych said:

Issue that has been effecting Asylum in the biggest way possible (Mass Kicks) for over 10 months has supposedly a fix that BI just released. You would think Paratus would attempt to push out the 64Bit version as quick as he can so end this 10month mess. But you know, just take your time while other major servers have already updated to 64 Bit.

But ya know @Paratus :kermit:

If you're this salty why dont you just leave already?  

45 minutes ago, Haych said:

Makes you wonder how Identity will work out in the long run

Arma (Free, does for fun/income to run servers) < Identity (raised over 200k and is his actual job)

9 minutes ago, HotWings said:

If you're this salty why dont you just leave already?  

Because i'm waiting for it to get fixed, why would I leave? Enjoyed Asylum a lot before the kicks, and I want to start enjoying it again.

9 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Arma (Free, does for fun/income to run servers) < Identity (raised over 200k and is his actual job)

Implying excess made from Arma doesn't go into he's pocket/funds for Identity because I know, you know, they do.

15 minutes ago, Haych said:

Because i'm waiting for it to get fixed, why would I leave? Enjoyed Asylum a lot before the kicks, and I want to start enjoying it again.

You repeat the same crap everytime dude.  Everyone is frustrated.  You're not helping

15 minutes ago, Haych said:

Implying excess made from Arma doesn't go into he's pocket/funds for Identity because I know, you know, they do.

Im not really how that is relevant at all.  His life and financial future are based on how Identity goes, not how this goes.  God forbid he look out for his future.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

That's fine.  But if you can hardly work on Asylum and are much more focused on Identity then give dev to other people.

He has?  That dev just so happens to be on vacation.  Im all for Gnashes getting dev, but trying to call out Paratus isnt going to make it happen.