Since there is some changes to the HVT policy and the outcry from rebels. I propose the ability for the following. 

The green pill boxes at Atria and Pygros APD stations have the ability to be secured. This could be a scroll timer like repairing. This would make it harder for a group of rebels to just rush the box and spray. They too would have the ability to unlock the door via the use of lockpicks. It would hopefully reduce the ticket and jail within 10 seconds and could potentially create the ability to both RP with the rebel in custody and the rebels attempting to break him free.

Thoughts?

@bamf

@Subaru

@Gnashes can you speak to this from the coding side? Would this be a huge undertaking?

Edited by (IFRIT)Mitch
Boonie Hat, Steve and Pilot Josh like this
20 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Cops already have easily defensible HQs and the manpower to lock them down. They just usually end up standing in a circle rather than letting 1-2 guys do the talking while the rest guard.

Paratus also specifically removed LT+ locking abilities from HQs.

Can cops inside an HQ gain the ability to store their vehicles? If you need to softlog to/from a bank and a fed it is quite frustrating.

9 minutes ago, Legit said:

Can cops inside an HQ gain the ability to store their vehicles? If you need to softlog to/from a bank and a fed it is quite frustrating.

Yeah I like the combat storing mechanic but its kinda annoying when you're kilometers from the fight and need to sit for like 3 mins spamming store on an ifrit in rebel.

Just saying, although again if people are red; you shouldn't be storing anyway.

Edited by BioHazard
4 minutes ago, Legit said:

As much as you would like it to work perfectly that way, it doesn't. Your friend could get his car shot by some random guy in Kavala Sq while you're about to store your vehicle to softlog to a bank, nevermind time to wait 5 minutes. As per APD policy you can being to impound after the All Clear is given. Now when you bust a couple dudes running drugs you have to sit in the field for 5 minutes to seize/impound their vehicle. 

There have been plenty of situations while on cop since this has been added where I'm just sitting still spamming impound till I can finally do it so I don't have to leave some poor dudes orca on the top of the bank to be stolen by some random civ. 

People combat store vehicles when they have something to lose. I don't understand why it affects impounding; a system that requires you to be standing still for 30 seconds. At Least reduce the impounding time to 60-90 seconds, the glorious APD "All Clear" Timer if you're concerned about corrupt cops. 

You can drive the car to HQ and make some RP out of it. And it's not against Policies if you are afraid of points.

2 hours ago, Legit said:

As much as you would like it to work perfectly that way, it doesn't. Your friend could get his car shot by some random guy in Kavala Sq while you're about to store your vehicle to softlog to a bank, nevermind time to wait 5 minutes. As per APD policy you can being to impound after the All Clear is given. Now when you bust a couple dudes running drugs you have to sit in the field for 5 minutes to seize/impound their vehicle. 

There have been plenty of situations while on cop since this has been added where I'm just sitting still spamming impound till I can finally do it so I don't have to leave some poor dudes orca on the top of the bank to be stolen by some random civ. 

People combat store vehicles when they have something to lose. I don't understand why it affects impounding; a system that requires you to be standing still for 30 seconds. At Least reduce the impounding time to 60-90 seconds, the glorious APD "All Clear" Timer if you're concerned about corrupt cops. 

REDUCE the time from 30 to 60-90?

Just now, Legit said:

:fail: I understand you have been blacklisted since the change. Reduce the combat storing timer from 5 minutes to 60-90 seconds, the usual (but not guaranteed) 'all clear' time.

i was just pointing out that you can't reduce a timer to more..you mean increasing you mong leg-it?

I do not think this is needed, and also if you are worried about people attacking a HQ, if the person you are taking in meets the requirements for HVT, then do that, then you can just send him/her if you get attacked. :)

HQs are easy to defend, you just have to make sure you have officers guarding entrances.

Also, if you have what seems to be a un armed civ walking into hq, you can tell them "APD, if you enter the HQ you will be downed"etc but use your judgment when downing people still.

To many times I have seen Civs do this, they walk right past the officers because they think they are unarmed, then pull a gun out or vest and kill the officers or the guy in custody, if someone is going out there way to try and get in the hq, they are normaly going to be up to something, just make sure you initiate and warn them what will happen if they do not comply with your orders as you normaly would.

Don't forget, you can also block of the hq with traffic items, aslong as 1 entrance is left open, if possible leave enough room for 2 cars to come in/out, but don't go stupid with it.:)